NFL Redzone Free this Sunday...

Do you know if Dish Absolute customers will get the free preview too?

We probably will... just endless teasing us...dangling the carrot we cannot have! (Unless of course we sign up for a more expensive package!

It now shows up as available in the guide on Sunday afternoon for Absolute HD subs, whereas it didn't show up as available prior. So 'yes' you'll get the free preview too - it just took an extra day or so to show up after the advertisment was announced.

Is the preview going to be in HD? I'm a HD subscriber, but the promo is in SD.
For me, the preview only appears on the SD channel as available, while the HD channel shows up unavailable. I'd guess that it is not going to be in HD for me (Absolute HD subscriber).

For me, the preview only appears on the SD channel as available, while the HD channel shows up unavailable. I'd guess that it is not going to be in HD for me (Absolute HD subscriber).

The preview is SD only. Do you get NFL Network with Absolute? If you get NFL, you should be able to subscribe and get it in HD

The preview is SD only. Do you get NFL Network with Absolute? If you get NFL, you should be able to subscribe and get it in HD
Absolute HD and multi-sport are incompatible for Dish to setup (as discussed on other threads).

Here is the press release.

DISH Network(R) Offers Free Preview of NFL RedZone

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DISH Network, L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), and NFL Network today announced a free preview of NFL RedZone for all DISH Network customers on Sunday, Oct. 4, 2009.

"Over the past few weeks, our customers have told us their Sunday afternoons have changed forever," said Ira Bahr, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "Now, we are pleased to offer NFL Network's NFL RedZone for free to all our subscribers so they can catch every touchdown from every game."

NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, whips around every NFL game on Sunday afternoons delivering touchdowns and the most exciting moments live, in high definition. The channel keeps fans up to date in real-time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play. Host Scott Hanson brings viewers real-time scoring and fantasy updates from a new state-of-the-art NFL RedZone studio at the NFL Network headquarters in Los Angeles.

DISH Network's free preview of NFL RedZone will begin on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 1:00 p.m. ET and go until 4:15 p.m. ET on Channel 155 in both high definition and standard definition. NFL RedZone is part of DISH Network's Multi-Sports Package, which is available to most customers at $5.99 per month or $49.99 per year.

For more information on NFL RedZone, visit National Football League: NFL RedZone Every Touchdown From Every Game. For more information on DISH Network, visit Satellite Television - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557.

Hmmm, not seeing the preview HD feed at all on 155. The newly added 9483 / 82 NFLRZHD is still red as of 9:20am EST.

Anybody else that's not subscribed to multi-sport seeing anything different?

Hmmm, not seeing the preview HD feed at all on 155. The newly added 9483 / 82 NFLRZHD is still red as of 9:20am EST.

Anybody else that's not subscribed to multi-sport seeing anything different?
On channel 9483 the listing from 12:50 to 4:00 p.m. today shows up as "Free Preview." Of course the channel is still in red at this time, but given the title of the listing, I'm not worried.

On channel 9483 the listing from 12:50 to 4:00 p.m. today shows up as "Free Preview." Of course the channel is still in red at this time, but given the title of the listing, I'm not worried.

Ah, thanks. What's interesting is that when I highlight the actual free preview portion in the guide, the channel goes from red to blue (available).

This is actually fortuitous as I can't get the Jags game on the locals today, so at least I can catch them on this channel.

Timer set. :D

Yes, channel 82. You may have to dial it manually, it won't show up in my "All Sub" guide. It does show up in "All HD" and "All Chan" guides.

There's a countdown to 1:00pm with music. I'm getting excited. :D