NFL Redzone Free this Sunday...

If only they would not cover your "home team" that's playing on CBS or Fox. I'm one of those who records, then starts watching and skipping ahead about two hours in. Don't want to see or know the score ahead of time. Otherwise, I would love it.

I came here to complain about a premium channel being in SD.

Glad I read the thread.

So for other confused whiners.....

The free preview HD version is on channel 82!

I was thinking off subscribing as I like it a lot, but I guess I'm a PQ and won't put up with another overcompressed channel from Dish. Comparing both my local games on CBS and FOX, the difference is pretty obvious. I haven't seen one game on RedZone I'd call good PQ.

I was thinking off subscribing as I like it a lot, but I guess I'm a PQ and won't put up with another overcompressed channel from Dish. Comparing both my local games on CBS and FOX, the difference is pretty obvious. I haven't seen one game on RedZone I'd call good PQ.

I read that once that over the air HDTV has better PQ then cable and satellite HD.

I'm not liking the RedZone all that much.

I'd rather watch the Titans go 0-4 that all the flipping all over the place to see TDs I don't care about. I'll watch Sports Center in the morning.....

I liked it, especially since I normally DVR games and skip through all the non-action. Too bad Absolute Subs can't add it on as it, but oh well.

Thanks for the free preview NFL.

So NFL RedZone is part of DISH Network's Multi-Sports Package, which is available to most customers at $5.99 per month or $49.99 per year. If I just get it for the 2 or 3 months I would actually use it would be a lot cheaper than $50/yr, what's the catch?

So NFL RedZone is part of DISH Network's Multi-Sports Package, which is available to most customers at $5.99 per month or $49.99 per year. If I just get it for the 2 or 3 months I would actually use it would be a lot cheaper than $50/yr, what's the catch?

A $5 downgrade fee when you drop the MS package. Just because you have a choice doesn't mean there is something sinister going on...

I watched the whole thing. I wasn't impressed. It was hard to follow, but at least there were no commercials. PLus, I have Absolute and its going to take a lot more than Redzone to get me away from Absolute.

I read that once that over the air HDTV has better PQ then cable and satellite HD.

I guess it must be in the set-ups, cuz I've gone back and forth from OTA to Dish HD locals to compare more than once, and I honestly couldn't tell any difference. Watching college football on CBS saturday in HD, their cameras were garbage, but it was the same for OTA and Dish. Redzone looked great on my Samsung, but the Cowboys continually sucking lessens my interest:rolleyes:.

I guess it must be in the set-ups, cuz I've gone back and forth from OTA to Dish HD locals to compare more than once, and I honestly couldn't tell any difference. Watching college football on CBS saturday in HD, their cameras were garbage, but it was the same for OTA and Dish. Redzone looked great on my Samsung, but the Cowboys continually sucking lessens my interest:rolleyes:.

It's all about screen size and viewing distance. 10ft from my 32" for casual viewing no problem. 10ft from my 57", noticeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)