NFL Redzone Free this Sunday...

I have to say for a fantasy football enthusiast and a occasional gambler the NFL Redzone is the best thing since sliced bread.:D
So for 5 months at 5.99 a month during football season to see all that action is a steal. The only catch I see is the $5 downgrade fee which is fine with me.

Great concept, poor execution. I had envisioned something similar to the way that CBS shuttles back and forth on NCAA basketball tournament games as they end. But football doesn't seem to lend itself to that model quite so well...the action takes more time to set up. And lets face it, who really cares if a team already up by 20 pts is back in the red zone about to score again. Just not something I would pay a plug nickel more to see.

Me thinks they'll take the channel down this Wednesday.

I have it set for a weekly DVR in any case. :D

It sold me on the package... Signed up right after they went off the air. Lots better than just watching your team loose all the time (Even though Miami Won yesterday)

I have to say for a fantasy football enthusiast and a occasional gambler the NFL Redzone is the best thing since sliced bread.:D
So for 5 months at 5.99 a month during football season to see all that action is a steal. The only catch I see is the $5 downgrade fee which is fine with me.

Couldn't agree more.

Being able to watch when my fantasy players are in the redzone is priceless. Add that on top of my weekly pools its like a dream come true.

My only obstacle is my significant other. She is the type to sit and watch a game and did not care for the channel.

But that won't stop me because now I have plans for setting up my 23" LCD on my coffee table that will have the Red Zone Channel playing. Or maybe i'll just hook my Slingbox up to another receiver and have it on my laptop.

I'm surprised to see so many haters. I think this channel is excellent. I will be watching all season.

To each their own. Some people just don't understand that concept. For some reason they think everything that dish offers should be approved by them first. If not, its garbage.

At first I didn't really see a need for this channel because I felt it would be a lot of commentary from the in-studio host and commercials. But to my surprise there is minimal commentary from him and no commercials.

:up to Dish for giving this channel to us for free. They sold me.

The channel is excellent, but there is one big problem.

Many fans of certain teams like myself, New Orleans Saints, play MOST of their games at 12c/1e.
Along with the majority of other games in that slot. So I'm not going to flip to redzone when I'm watching my team. So then what? I'm gonna get the Redzone for 3 hours of a few 3-6pm games?

Not worth it for a fan in my situation as I'd never use it. Now the one exception would be this weekend with my Saints having the BYE. So, too bad for me that the free preview isn't this Sunday. :)

Many fans of certain teams like myself, New Orleans Saints, play MOST of their games at 12c/1e.
Along with the majority of other games in that slot. So I'm not going to flip to redzone when I'm watching my team. So then what? I'm gonna get the Redzone for 3 hours of a few 3-6pm games?

Not worth it for a fan in my situation as I'd never use it. Now the one exception would be this weekend with my Saints having the BYE. So, too bad for me that the free preview isn't this Sunday. :)

1. Use the PIP option on the 722 or other dual tuner receivers. Swap between them during commercials and between plays.

2. Second TV

3. Slingbox / Laptop

Uhh No, I guess I'm not that into my FF teams to go through that.

I need my commercials breaks for going to Pee!

I'm a super diehard. There is no way my eyes leave my game, even if I use my slingbox, or use PIP on my 622, or even hook up a second TV.
For someone like this, it's useless. I would only use this when my team ISN'T playing.

If you really put this one in PIP or something when your team is playing, then I guess you aren't watching every single thing analyzing everything like I do.

Therefore, I bet they are many fans out there like me that can't justify getting this channel for 3, maybe 4 3pm games when one is already on the tube after the saints.

Uhh No, I guess I'm not that into my FF teams to go through that.

I need my commercials breaks for going to Pee!

I'm a super diehard. There is no way my eyes leave my game, even if I use my slingbox, or use PIP on my 622, or even hook up a second TV.
For someone like this, it's useless. I would only use this when my team ISN'T playing.

If you really put this one in PIP or something when your team is playing, then I guess you aren't watching every single thing analyzing everything like I do.

Therefore, I bet they are many fans out there like me that can't justify getting this channel for 3, maybe 4 3pm games when one is already on the tube after the saints.

I'm a Lions fan, so you can understand why I have plenty of time to watch other games/highlights. And its nice because I don't live in the Detroit area anymore, so usually i'm watching the Skins. So when/if the Lions are doing anything worth while to see, i'll be able to now.

As a Browns fan, I liked having all of the games going at once. I only switched over to the game proper when it got down to the wire in the 4th quarter and for OT. For everything else, they did a fine job of switching to the game often enough so I didn't feel as though I was missing anything, and I still got to watch all the other teams that actually know how to play football ;)

I kid, Brownies. Much improvement this week...

i'm sure there a lot of folks in your situation. i'm a cowboys fan and they usually play at 3 pm so it's nice to have this channel for the early games. plus the weeks that they play on sunday or monday nite it's extra good. even if i don't view it every minute that it airs, i like having the channel. i think it's awesome and it's only $25 for the whole season. plus you get other channels with it.

Wow the PQ on the HD channel really blows! How many channels per transponder are they cramming now?

I agree. I had trouble watching it, so I didn't for very long. I had planned to add this channel, but that was a deal breaker.

Once you get used to watching FB in GOOD HD, its difficult to downgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)