NFL Redzone

After Redzone you won't be able to watch a game with commercials again.

I'll disagree... I really miss the narrative of a game. I found that, even though I'm trying to get as much of the Redskins as I can, that I'd almost rather watch the local game and skip to Red Zone during commercials (and then back to the local game) than to watch Red Zone continuously. There's no rhythm, no narrative, just extended, speculative highlights. It's like you're watching ESPN put together their Top Ten list for Sunday night.

When there are just a few games on, you can get a better feel. If I could pick three games to have on Red Zone, it'd be great. Or if there were only three games and one was DC's, that'd be fine too...

It is perfect for fantasy players, just less so for die hard fans of specific teams. And, in retrospect, that stands to reason. But I'm not paying another $200-$300 on top of all this just for Sunday Ticket.

Thanks to MattG!

Red Zone is amazing, IMO. Much, much better than watching a single game or flipping between a couple of games. NFL games average something like only 11 minutes of action out of an entire 60 minute game. With Red Zone, you get to skip a lot of the other stuff, the standing around between snaps, the time outs, waiting for the clock to run down, etc.

It takes a bit to get used to, because it does switch around, but once I got into it, I didn't want to watch games any other way.

Just chatted with a rep, and he at first said that I could get it, then he transferred me to someone else who said I didn't. PM'ing Matt now!

very good promo.

When I had Dish, I added it into the season, should of did it earlier. Its fast pace, and a real good entertaining channel.

While I would rather see my Niners, I would watch RedZone, but after being without ST, i had to go back.

Never had much issue with Dish, except the whole not telling us about up front pay customer.

But I am glad people will be able to see it on sundays. Now too bad Time Warner doesnt have it, my dad would love it.

Aloha, First post but longtime lurker. After numerous calls to Dish tech and litterally getting 4 different answers to my question from four different people i come hands out looking for info. I live on Kauai have a 922 with the latest dishes for here, signal is well into the 60's. That being said i understand that my programming options are limited and i accept this. My question is will Hawaii have the NFL redzone HD channel? 2 people from Dish told me yes it would be available, and 2 told me no.

I understand that dish in hawaii is a really small market but man i wish that someone over there knew what was going on here.im no expert but for gods sake i knew more about the hawaii market after an hour online than any "tech" i spoke to. Even when ordering the system i had to go three or four people deep to finally find someone who knew i needed 2 dishes.

thanks for any input as the season is coming up and im really hoping for redzone in HD

Aloha, First post but longtime lurker. After numerous calls to Dish tech and litterally getting 4 different answers to my question from four different people i come hands out looking for info. I live on Kauai have a 922 with the latest dishes for here, signal is well into the 60's. That being said i understand that my programming options are limited and i accept this. My question is will Hawaii have the NFL redzone HD channel? 2 people from Dish told me yes it would be available, and 2 told me no.

I understand that dish in hawaii is a really small market but man i wish that someone over there knew what was going on here.im no expert but for gods sake i knew more about the hawaii market after an hour online than any "tech" i spoke to. Even when ordering the system i had to go three or four people deep to finally find someone who knew i needed 2 dishes.

thanks for any input as the season is coming up and im really hoping for redzone in HD
NFL Redzone HD comes off of Satellite 129 Transponder 27 so you shouldn't have a problem getting it in HD.

NFL Redzone HD comes off of Satellite 129 Transponder 27 so you shouldn't have a problem getting it in HD.

Thanks for the response, but a couple of things.
This is identical for 4 of here on Kauai on different parts of the island. All have two dishes. Different receivers though.
None of us get 129/27. O signal.nada

For those of us with the 922 box and looking at all channels there are two redzone channels listed, 155 Sd which we all get and channel 9467 that is red, when picked we get the message that we Need to subscribe to a package. I have called to see of there is indeed a package to add and have Been told that the only available packages for me are some misc movie channels as I have everything else.

Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)