NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how when there's a quote out there that serves your opinions it's taken as gospel that he's blaming others, but when he explains the culture he's brought up on, explains how sorry he is and the circumstances around it all, suddenly he's coached, doesnt matter, he's lying, etc.

And yet that may all be true. Then again, perhaps it's not. Good thing people are entited to...OPINIONS! ;)

People will form their own opinions about Vick...on BOTH sides...and it's doubtful someone on an internet forum can change them.

Sandra

He is NOT remorseful for torturing dogs, just the punishment he received.

AGAIN.....HOW DO YOU KNOW??!! Have you talked to him....have you sat down with him? You do not know. Also, you cannot base it on ANYTHING because you have NEVER gone to jail and NEITHER has he.

AGAIN.....HOW DO YOU KNOW??!! Have you talked to him....have you sat down with him? You do not know. Also, you cannot base it on ANYTHING because you have NEVER gone to jail and NEITHER has he.

Is HD not entitled to an opinion?

Jeesh. Are you the opinion police or something? :rolleyes:

Sandra

I like how when there's a quote out there that serves your opinions it's taken as gospel that he's blaming others, but when he explains the culture he's brought up on, explains how sorry he is and the circumstances around it all, suddenly he's coached, doesnt matter, he's lying, etc.

Like I have said....Vick could cure AIDS, could stop world hunger and she still will think he is a scumbag because she....and many others like her, have come to the conclusion that NO MATTER WHAT he does to redeem himself. He is dead to them.

You don't seem to get it. Going to jail doesn't make you sorry for doing wrong. (Unless all of a sudden, he's "found Jesus". :rolleyes:)

You may be sorry you got caught and really loathe the punishment that goes along with it, but deep down, being actually remorseful for committing the crimes is a psychological thing. Which begs the ultimate question, how come he wasn't remorseful for the 6 long years he was committing these crimes? How come all of a sudden he goes to jail and is all of a sudden "sorry for everything".

Ah forget it. I'm tired of this topic. When is kickoff again?!

Like I have said....Vick could cure AIDS, could stop world hunger and she still will think he is a scumbag because she....and many others like her, have come to the conclusion that NO MATTER WHAT he does to redeem himself. He is dead to them.

An opinion many people share. But not you, and I really don't care. Yet you are obsessed with my opinion. ;)

Actually, let me know when Vick cures AIDS, and we'll talk. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Is HD not entitled to an opinion?

Jeesh. Are you the opinion police or something? :rolleyes:

Sandra

He is very much entitle to his opinion. And I am giving mine....niether HIS nor mine is wrong.

....But at no point did I question him with comments like....'it goes to show you the mentalilty you are dealing with'....

...and THAT is the difference between YOU and I.;)

And that's our right to never forgive him. Each individual can or cannot forgive him. That's up to us. I just don't know why some people take it upon themselves go through such lengths to side with someone who's done such terrible things.

He is very much entitle to his opinion. And I am giving mine....niether HIS nor mine is wrong.

....But at no point did I question him with comments like....'it goes to show you the mentalilty you are dealing with'....

...and THAT is the difference between YOU and I.;)

Sorry, I'm not going to let you draw me into a p****** contest. :rolleyes:

You're welcome Ramy. ;)

Let's stay on the subject at hand. Some of us will dislike Vick, some will instantly forgive him. I have my own opinion, and I will beat up any dog that says you're not entitled to yours.

Sandra

And that's our right to never forgive him. Each individual can or cannot forgive him. That's up to us. I just don't know why some people take it upon themselves go through such lengths to side with someone who's done such terrible things.

:up :up :up

Sandra

I haven't been following this thread, and I'm not interested enough to do so, but I can't understand why so many prople want this guy to be publically "contrite" when the NFL has had hundreds of players beat up their girlfriends but spouses and we don't demand the same thing from them.

Meanwhile, in another thread, people are glorifying a guy who EATS dogs!!!

Many are of the same opinion, that Vick is not remorseful for what he did. Not that that matters to Vick, of course.
Doesn't matter if he's remorseful or not. He paid the price and served his sentence.
He is a free man, and should be able to make a living in his profession.
Since his crime had nothing to do with football, he should be allowed to play.

As it is, there will be little fallout against the Eagles, as most people around here arn't up in arms about him signing, and think he's a good fit with the offense.
You can't base what people think on what the people who actually bother to call into radio shows say. You need to see real fans, many of which I work with every day, and most say Vick will be a good fit with the team.

...the same can be said about someone doing his time...paying his legal debt to society and getting a chance to redeem himself....and not even getting a chance to do that.....:rolleyes:

I mean, the guy has not even gotten a chance TO redeem himself. He just got out. I mean I could understand if a year out of jail....he has done NOTHING to try to redeem his name. But the guy just got out....

Doesn't matter if he's remorseful or not. He paid the price and served his sentence.
He is a free man, and should be able to make a living in his profession.
Since his crime had nothing to do with football, he should be allowed to play.

Nobody is questioning Vick's right to play...not here anyway. Certainly not me. The US courts say he can play, the NFL says he can play...and that's it. I'm not questioning that.

I'm just saying I don't want to root for the guy, and people have to bring up things like 'what about if Vick cures aids, you probably still won't root for him.' Like that's relevant. :rolleyes:

People are allowed to dislike the guy if they so choose. You know...have an OPINION! ;)

Sandra

I'm just saying I don't want to root for the guy, and people have to bring up things like 'what about if Vick cures aids, you probably still won't root for him.' Like that's relevant. :rolleyes:
So don't. We get it already, after how many pages of your bickering? Good grief put a sock in it.:rolleyes:

Nobody is questioning Vick's right to play...not here anyway. Certainly not me. The US courts say he can play, the NFL says he can play...and that's it. I'm not questioning that.

People are allowed to dislike the guy if they so choose. You know...have an OPINION! ;)

Sandra
I actually like this post and agree with it. i like what you said at the beginning of your post and agree that we all have the right to like,not to like or root for a certain player. :up

Sandra

another BINGO!!! My thoughts exactly. :up:up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)