NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you EVER spent time in jail? I have heard it makes you think BIG TIME. Now, I am sure it does not mean jack to a lifetime criminal to try to figure out how he f***ed up....but for someone who had EVERYTHING at the palm of his hands. Makes ya think big time. How do you know he is not remorseful...all you see is dollar signs.....

Because he was doing it for 6 years. It wasn't an isolated incident. He had 6 years to contemplate if what he was doing was right or wrong, but a 1 year sentence to jail made him all of a sudden figure it out?! LMAO! Yeah right.

I already said you talked about the dogs having a fighting chance. You can infer anything you like from that.

Sandra

read the quote AGAIN, don't need a open mind...don't need to be imaginative...it says what it says.....and I refuse to have people put words in my mouth or imply that I have said something THEY wanna believe or think....

read the quote AGAIN, don't need a open mind...don't need to be imaginative...it says what it says.....and I refuse to have people put words in my mouth or imply that I have said something THEY wanna believe or think....

I already said I got the exact words wrong you can stop your crusade. :rolleyes:

Sandra

That's all fine and dandy, but some of the dogs had their teeth knocked out with a hammer, eliminating their chances of having any sort of "fighting chance". That Vick is one sick SOB.
that's a detail i hadn't heard yet. disgusting!

that's a detail i hadn't heard yet. disgusting!

Yep, the dogs that were considered "losers in the ring" were used as practice for the other fighting dogs in training. Vick and his cronies took hammers and smashed the teeth out of these dogs so they wouldn't be able to defend themselves against the fighting dogs in which they were forced against. Can you imagine the horror of these poor pups? No living being deserves that type of cruelty. Sadly though, this doesn't stop with Vick as there are a lot more of these sick, twisted opperations going on around the world. :(

BTW, I read the entire police report. Each and every gruesome detail. It is very sick. Now you know why I'm not letting Vick off the hook so easily?

Yep, the dogs that were considered "losers in the ring" were used as practice for the other fighting dogs in training. Vick and his cronies took hammers and smashed the teeth out of these dogs so they wouldn't be able to defend themselves against the fighting dogs in which they were forced against. Can you imagine the horror of these poor pups? No living being deserves that type of cruelty. Sadly though, this doesn't stop with Vick as there are a lot more of these sick, twisted opperations going on around the world. :(

BTW, I read the entire police report. Each and every gruesome detail. It is very sick. Now you know why I'm not letting Vick off the hook so easily?

Oh my HD, you should not have read that. So many sadistic details were not in the newspaper.

Sandra

Because he was doing it for 6 years. It wasn't an isolated incident. He had 6 years to contemplate if what he was doing was right or wrong, but a 1 year sentence to jail made him all of a sudden figure it out?! LMAO! Yeah right.

He served more than one year, for one....try almost 23 months. I don't know about YOU, but there is A HUGE difference between serving 12 months and 23 months in the federal pen.

Secondly, he just didn't think it was a big deal. He was raised on that crap since he was a kid. That was no big deal to them. The place in Chicago where he went a gave his 1st public appearance with a Human Society representative accompanying him, has ALWAYS had a HUGE rate of dog fight for as long as I can remember.

"We spoke with dozens of young people, and Michael shared his story, expressed remorse for his actions, urged the community to stand up to dog fighting, and asked them to help with the campaign," Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society, said in a statement.

Michael Vick in Chicago telling kids about evils of dog fighting - Sacramento Opinion - Sacramento Editorial | Sacramento Bee

Alot of people in that area, similiar to the area he grew up in an area similiar...but I highly doubt as crime ridden, Englewood area is probably the worst section of Chicago and has a homicide/murder rate that some major cities does not have.

He served more than one year, for one....try almost 23 months. I don't know about YOU, but there is A HUGE difference between serving 12 months and 23 months in the federal pen.

Secondly, he just didn't think it was a big deal. He was raised on that crap since he was a kid. That was no big deal to them. The place in Chicago where he went a gave his 1st public appearance with a Human Society representative accompanying him, has ALWAYS had a HUGE rate of dog fight for as long as I can remember.

Oops, you forgot to answer if HD or anyone else is allowed to have their own opinion about Michael Vick. ;)

Sandra

"We spoke with dozens of young people, and Michael shared his story, expressed remorse for his actions, urged the community to stand up to dog fighting, and asked them to help with the campaign," Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society, said in a statement.

Michael Vick in Chicago telling kids about evils of dog fighting - Sacramento Opinion - Sacramento Editorial | Sacramento Bee

Alot of people in that area, similiar to the area he grew up in an area similiar...but I highly doubt as crime ridden, Englewood area is probably the worst section of Chicago and has a homicide/murder rate that some major cities does not have.

Good, I think if Vick can use his celebrity and past experience to talk kids out of doing these awful things, then I think that's a good thing. Working towards preventing these acts from happening is better than any apology, jail sentence or fine he could've gotten. Let's hope he keeps it up, well past this initial PR grace period.

Is that a yes or a no? Are people entitled to have an opinion about Michael Vick, even if it differs from yours?

Sandra

I have no issues with others opinions. I have issues with people implying that he knows for sure....and HD does not know for sure because I am sure HD has never spent a single day in the federal pen for almost 2 years...after having the whole world in the palm of your hand....not seeing family, fighting off some guy maybe 2 times your weight, trying to make you his bitch. When he can say he has gone through THAT....then come talk to me if he knows for sure if he is remorse or not.

Better yet, IF anyone knows someone who has NEVER commited a crime before, suddenly sent to prison...ask them about LEGIT "scared straight" will make you put lot into perspective.

Do you all just look for excuses to argue with each other.

I have no issues with others opinions. I have issues with people implying that he knows for sure....and HD does not know for sure because I am sure HD has never spent a single day in the federal pen for almost 2 years...after having the whole world in the palm of your hand....not seeing family, fighting off some guy maybe 2 times your weight, trying to make you his bitch. When he can say he has gone through THAT....then come talk to me if he knows for sure if he is remorse or not.

Better yet, IF anyone knows someone who has NEVER commited a crime before, suddenly sent to prison...ask them about LEGIT "scared straight" will make you put lot into perspective.

I have never been in the pen, but it is my opinion that he is not remorseful for what he did, but remorseful for getting caught and the punishment that he received. That's my opinion. You are free to agree or disagree. It's up to you. That's what's so great about America. I'll leave it at that. :)

I have never been in the pen, but it is my opinion that he is not remorseful for what he did, but remorseful for getting caught and the punishment that he received. That's my opinion. You are free to agree or disagree. It's up to you. That's what's so great about America. I'll leave it at that. :)

OF COURSE he is remorseful for getting caught AND doing time....anyone who is not, is lying. He is also remorseful for doing something so stupid as to lose EVERYTHING he had.....money, fame, respect, family and friends. Comes with the territory, I would say.

Good, glad you said "IN YOUR OPINION"....because that is al that it is. Putting an enphatic "BULL***" infront of a phrase makes it look like you know you are right and anyone that tells you differently is wrong...

EDIT: I just find interesting how people thing going to jail for the 1st time will not make you remorseful for what ya did....I can understand that kind of thinking when it invloves someone that has gone to jail a ton of times and does not give a ratz ass about doing time.....in other words, a career criminal. Which Vick was not.

Last edited:

Many are of the same opinion, that Vick is not remorseful for what he did. Not that that matters to Vick, of course.

Sandra

OF COURSE he is remorseful for getting caught AND doing time....anyone who is not, is lying. He is also remorseful for doing something so stupid as to lose EVERYTHING he had.....money, fame, respect, family and friends. Comes with the territory, I would say.

Good, glad you said "IN YOUR OPINION"....because that is al that it is. Putting an enphatic "BULL***" infront of a phrase makes it look like you know you are right and anyone that tells you differently is wrong...

But those sentences say pretty much the EXACT same thing I was saying! :) (Geesh, you are one tough cookie). He is remorseful for getting caught and the consequences from them! He is NOT remorseful for torturing dogs, just the punishment he received.

I like how when there's a quote out there that serves your opinions it's taken as gospel that he's blaming others, but when he explains the culture he's brought up on, explains how sorry he is and the circumstances around it all, suddenly he's coached, doesnt matter, he's lying, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts