NFL Reinstates Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am biting my tongue so as not to call you what I really think you are by that ignorant statement! The fact of that matter is that these dogs were too beaten up and weakened already by losing the fight before this worthless piece of sh*t did his indescribable deeds to them!!!!! Just how could they stop what was inevitably coming to them??????

HOW do you know they were killing dogs that just finished fighting? I will give you the fact that the dogs that just finished fighting could not defend themselves.

And HOW OFTEN does the victim of a drunk driver ever see the person hitting them????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don't bite your tongue...say what you feel. You have a right to say it. The issue is, can you say it without calling someone a name ?

I'm still listening to WIP (to people calling in FROM PHILLY), I've now heard hundreds of Eagle fans, and while while there is certainly some support for Vick, and some who say 'I don't care who is here as long as they win', there is still an overwhelming number of people who are not happy.

I suppose anyone's mileage may vary depending on how many people you talk to and who you talk to, but this seems to be a very polarizing issue right now. The 70% may not have been from a representative sample, because it's not indicative of what we're hearing from Philly at the moment.

Sandra

Never listen to 610 if you want to hear the average person's opinion. Most fans have given up on that station due to their over-opinionated "personalities." When one fan tried calling in today to say he thought it was a good move the morning show host (A.C. at 6:40a.m.) told him he was stupid and not to call back to the show. With the exception of the guys from 10am-3pm (and some of the non-regulars) a majority of the show is just saying stupid sh*t to get people to talk (and even dumber callers.) I work in an office with over 300 employees. Id say the number got to less than 70% by the end of the day but still over 60% agreed it was a good move.

Keep in mind Philly fans are the ones that have called McNabb every word in the book from racist terms to hero. They are the same fans who swore Charlie would never win a World Series and wanted him fired halfway through last season, including the same hosts mentioned above on 610. This year he is the greatest and all of a sudden the entire city loves the Phillies (prior to last year you could get front row tickets to any game except for the fourth of July fireworks and the home opener).

EDIT: In response to the person who posted before me I will add this... while it may not have been "humane" to kill the dogs the way he did the fact remains that those dogs would be put to sleep. Any pitbull trained to fight is put to sleep instantly upon being pulled out of the house so even if he did turn them in or took them to the vet they would be put down in the end.

Never listen to 610 if you want to hear the average person's opinion. Most fans have given up on that station due to their over-opinionated "personalities." When one fan tried calling in today to say he thought it was a good move the morning show host (A.C. at 6:40a.m.) told him he was stupid and not to call back to the show. With the exception of the guys from 10am-3pm (and some of the non-regulars) a majority of the show is just saying stupid sh*t to get people to talk (and even dumber callers.) I work in an office with over 300 employees. Id say the number got to less than 70% by the end of the day but still over 60% agreed it was a good move.

Keep in mind Philly fans are the ones that have called McNabb every word in the book from racist terms to hero. They are the same fans who swore Charlie would never win a World Series and wanted him fired halfway through last season, including the same hosts mentioned above on 610. This year he is the greatest and all of a sudden the entire city loves the Phillies (prior to last year you could get front row tickets to any game except for the fourth of July fireworks and the home opener).

Every one who listens to Philly sports radio has their opinions, me included.

Angelo is a piece of work in the morning, that's for sure. But I was also listening to Jody MacDonald on 950 in the afternoon and I certainly got the same vibe.

Sandra

I am going to make a comparison here that will probably upset some of you but it is just my opinion and nothing more. I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE.

I find it interesting the amount of hate Mike Vick receives. I am not going to defend the guy at all. What he did was against the law, was done with malice, probably a little bit of joy on his part, with his blessing, and is sick, dispicable, and can not be tolerated in a nation such as ours. He was arrested, sentenced, and served his time as directed by our system of justice. However, I am going to make a comparison to the current Rick Pitino situation.

Rick is a married man, father of five, and represents one of this states and nations greatest basketball programs. He is a devoted catholic and often speaks of his faith to people around the Commonwealth. I would submit what he has done is worse that what Vick did. He has ruined his families life and his kids will suffer greatly because of this public humiliation. His wife is probably humiliated also and I am sure he will suffer greatly for having to publicly admit he cheated on his wife (broke his vows), got another woman pregnant, paid to have an innocent life aborted, and he has embarrassed not only himself, his family, but the University of Louisville. He has a morals clause in his contract but since he wins a lot of games, his job is secure at this time according to his bosses. We have a guy who has ruined several human lives verses a guy who killed dogs and served his time. Please explain to me why one is treated one way and the other another? It would seem to me if we hold human life to be more sacred and important than animal life then Pitino would be getting an earful from a lot more people than he is at this point.

Again, this is just my opinion. I don't expect people to agree with me and I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE. I am just, in my simple way of observing two stories right now comparing the fallout for these two men.

I am going to make a comparison here that will probably upset some of you but it is just my opinion and nothing more. I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE.

I find it interesting the amount of hate Mike Vick receives. I am not going to defend the guy at all. What he did was against the law, was done with malice, probably a little bit of joy on his part, with his blessing, and is sick, dispicable, and can not be tolerated in a nation such as ours. He was arrested, sentenced, and served his time as directed by our system of justice. However, I am going to make a comparison to the current Rick Pitino situation.

Rick is a married man, father of five, and represents one of this states and nations greatest basketball programs. He is a devoted catholic and often speaks of his faith to people around the Commonwealth. I would submit what he has done is worse that what Vick did. He has ruined his families life and his kids will suffer greatly because of this public humiliation. His wife is probably humiliated also and I am sure he will suffer greatly for having to publicly admit he cheated on his wife (broke his vows), got another woman pregnant, paid to have an innocent life aborted, and he has embarrassed not only himself, his family, but the University of Louisville. He has a morals clause in his contract but since he wins a lot of games, his job is secure at this time according to his bosses. We have a guy who has ruined several human lives verses a guy who killed dogs and served his time. Please explain to me why one is treated one way and the other another? It would seem to me if we hold human life to be more sacred and important than animal life then Pitino would be getting an earful from a lot more people than he is at this point.

Again, this is just my opinion. I don't expect people to agree with me and I AM NOT TRYING TO START A POLITICAL DEBATE. I am just, in my simple way of observing two stories right now comparing the fallout for these two men.
I agree with what you said about Pitino, but it's not like what Vick did. Vick did not get off easy for what he did, and it appears that Pitino is not either.

I agree with what you said about Pitino, but it's not like what Vick did. Vick did not get off easy for what he did, and it appears that Pitino is not either.

I am sure you are correct but do you see the same anger and hatred toward Pitino? I guess that is my question. If not, why not?

EDIT: In response to the person who posted before me I will add this... while it may not have been "humane" to kill the dogs the way he did the fact remains that those dogs would be put to sleep. Any pitbull trained to fight is put to sleep instantly upon being pulled out of the house so even if he did turn them in or took them to the vet they would be put down in the end.

Being "put down" is one thing. Being savagely brutalized at the hands of a human until death is another. Some people just cannot see!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

I am sure you are correct but do you see the same anger and hatred toward Pitino? I guess that is my question. If not, why not?
No. There's not the same anger. A lot of the anger towards Vick had to do with not only what he did, but the arrogance he showed in denying responsibility. No one knew about Pitino's affair until recently and he never denied it.

No. There's not the same anger. A lot of the anger towards Vick had to do with not only what he did, but the arrogance he showed in denying responsibility. No one knew about Pitino's affair until recently and he never denied it.

I will agree the way Vick handled it was way off base. Not convinced Pitino has been forthright yet.

Being "put down" is one thing. Being savagely brutalized at the hands of a human until death is another. Some people just cannot see!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

Forget him. He thinks the dogs should have fought back. Shows you the mentality you're dealing with. :rolleyes:

Sandra

I don't think I ever said the dogs should have fought back (unless you're confusing me with someone else.)

That said I agree with your post on the last page as Jody Mac is a much better source than Angelo though I'm usually listening to Anthony Gargano and Glen Macknow.

I don't think I ever said the dogs should have fought back (unless you're confusing me with someone else.)

That said I agree with your post on the last page as Jody Mac is a much better source than Angelo though I'm usually listening to Anthony Gargano and Glen Macknow.

No it wasn't you, it was just an ignorant post by someone else.

How do you feel about Mike Micinelli & Howard Eskin? Individually I mean. I know they used to be together.

Sandra

I can't stand Eskin... he's very intelligent and knows a lot but he's just a dick (and I'm quite sure he's on the Eagles payroll). As for Micinelli I like listening to him sometimes but I think he's on the teams payroll as he will praise the dumbest things (plus he lost my respect some when he threatened to punch people on 610). That said I like watching him on the post game on MyPHL after the Phillies games.

While I agree that what Vick did was horrible, I have this to say.

Other players have been involved in incidents that involved humans dying (Donte Stallworth, Leonard Little) or paralyzed (Pacman Jones), and I don't remember much outrage over their actions.

It's amazing- some people barely blink an eye when a human gets killed, yet when dogs get killed, everyone wants to send them to the electric chair.

Dogs can be replaced- humans CAN'T.

Basically. What Vick did was premediatated. What Stallworth did was just reckless. He didn't mean to kill that guy. Now doing reckless things that harm others is a crime, so Stallworth is guilty, but it's not the same as doing something that's just straight out cold blooded.

:up:up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)