NFL ST Blackout Fail

Status
Please reply by conversation.
do anyone understand this rule? like at 4:25 we was supposed to get NYJ@PIT on CBS but they cut to the BAL@PHI and stay with that until the end, i always thought they have goto the start of the local game no matter what, i am wrong? NYJ@PIT was blackout the ST

The rules are really simple about games cutting away

-your team is in game 1? wont leave til its over
-you only get a late game (due to blackout or other).....you will go to the late game at its beginning
-your in the local market for the teams in game 2....you go to the late game at its beginning
-every one else usually stays on game 1 til its over.

In your case Erie is not a secondary market for either team so you stay with the early game until its over.
The only markets that are REQUIRED to go to NYJ/Pittsburgh are the NY & Pittsburgh primary markets
The other markets that went to it at kickoff were the Boston, Carolina and Indy markets. They had no early CBS game (due to being on Fox) so they joined CBS at 3 CDT and then went to the late game

Everyone else stayed with it

The ST channels blacking out early is well known

Erie is a secondary market for Buffalo....which means they have to show all Buffalo road games and if the game is blacked out then they are too

Oh it's happening here, Steelers / Jets Blacked out on 715 because KHOU 11 is showing the game. BUT, KHOU showed the rest of the Eagles / Ravens game, and did not switch to the Steelers / Jets until 4mins left in the 1st Qtr, all the while 715 was blacked out, Wife and Father-in-Law, both die-hard Steeler fans, are pissed.....

The Jets game was broadcast here in Vegas. Of course, the Eagles game ran long. I was able to watch the 1st quarter of the Jets game on channel 715. As soon as the quarter ended, the game got blacked out. I simply tuned to my local CBS affiliate to watch the rest of the game. This should have been the case in every market that showed the Ravens/Eagles game, followed by the Jets/Steelers. If this wasn't the case for you, there must be a glitch in D*'s system somewhere.

Well CBS really screwed the pooch this week

Minneapolis only had a late game due to the Vikes being at home on Fox (no game can go against it on local TV)

So at 3:00 I turn on CBS. JB talks about the late game and we'll go to that "soon" but for the time being they'll send us to NO/KC.....we never went away
Had to see the rest of the game with a kickout to Indy to see the last play and to Miami for the FG at end of game and OT

Why would we stay with the NO/KC game when we didnt see 95% of the game????

They FINALLY went to the Denver/Houston game at 4:00 Central

Now next week FOX has the DH so our local CBS is showing only a late game (Vikes on road so they could show a noon game) so we'll see if they go directly to that game at 3:15 instead of making us watch EVERY OTHER EARLY GAME END first

Ice....same thing happened in Pennsylvania. Missed the entire 1st quarter of the Steelers game on the Harrisburg (state capital of PA) CBS station. Original game was Redskins/Bengals (which was over before 4:25) and then they force TWO overtime games down our throats before showing the Pennsylvania team on the road.

exactly. They use to never do that....Only the local affiliates that had the game from the get-go stayed...the rest would move to the new game

Ice....same thing happened in Pennsylvania. Missed the entire 1st quarter of the Steelers game on the Harrisburg (state capital of PA) CBS station. Original game was Redskins/Bengals (which was over before 4:25) and then they force TWO overtime games down our throats before showing the Pennsylvania team on the road.

Same here.

I think they should change whatever rules they have so that the ST channels get opened up for those that have the wanted game being delayed due to a game that runs over.

Thats what we PAY for in the first place, to see OUR game.... from the BEGINNING.

Then the price would go up and up and up some more. As the reason why is that the local providers complain that your not watching local commercials that run during the game costing them money. DTV would have to compensate them for that and like everything else cause them to raise the price. Also it is a easier way to take care of programing the blackout rules.

Same here.

I think they should change whatever rules they have so that the ST channels get opened up for those that have the wanted game being delayed due to a game that runs over.

Thats what we PAY for in the first place, to see OUR game.... from the BEGINNING.

Then the price would go up and up and up some more. As the reason why is that the local providers complain that your not watching local commercials that run during the game costing them money. DTV would have to compensate them for that and like everything else cause them to raise the price. Also it is a easier way to take care of programing the blackout rules.

Still not good enough ....

They use to do that, now they don't.
As for watching commercials, when the correct game comes on your back to watching your locals.

Btw, I LIVE in the town I do, I'm not going to Oakland to buy a gallon of milk, or a Car for that matter.

This has nothing to do with a blackout, but I was pretty pissed. I was watching the Titans and Lions on the Sunday Ticket channel and right as the Lions caught the hail mary to tie the game at the end, it IMMEDIATELY cut to a Chevy commercial.

I am a "mover" so I was able to watch the game on Sunday Ticket and my local affiliate through the antenna. My local affiliate still had the game on. That is infuriating. The fact that someone or some thing was so trigger happy to show me a commercial when I was paying for football was not fun. Since my local channel still had the game on, I have to place the blame on DirecTV. Not cool. Also, the late game blackouts are very hit or miss this year for me. The last time I subscribed was in 2007 and I don't recall anything like this. Monopolies only get more user-friendly over time, right? ;)

I recorded the game also from ST and had the same issue. It seems like it was a FOX issue and not Directv as someone at FOX in Los Angeles hit the button too early. Not good, it was an awesome play!!

Same thing happened to me watching the Lion game. It switched to the stupid commercial about 1 second after the catch. It was awful.

Luckily, I had the iPad tuned to the Red Zone Channel (iPad is like 20sec behind, btw) and saw it in its entirety there. A little odd that it didn't cut away.

Styler1 said:
I recorded the game also from ST and had the same issue. It seems like it was a FOX issue and not Directv as someone at FOX in Los Angeles hit the button too early. Not good, it was an awesome play!!

Except my local affiliate (Knoxville) and the Nashville affiliate didn't experience the issue. It makes no sense for it to have been Fox if people watching their local stations didn't experience this.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012...mmercial-almost-cuts-off-lions-hail-mary.html

Apparently I wasn't the only one. The common theme? Sunday Ticket. The guy in the comments watching on his Nashville Fox affiliate reported seeing the game. That is a pretty big mistake.........

I was watching NFL Red Zone(the cable version) and this didn't happen, probably because they get the raw feed

Although, I really have to wonder if Fox was having feed problems because I seem to remember Scott Hanson asking to switch to the Bears feed(can't remember the exact time) and it came up with a color bar slate and he was a bit caught off guard with what was happening.

Same here.

That's exactly what happened here in SoCal. When CBS stayed with the overtime game the ST channel became available and we watched it there until they put up a message to switch back to the local CBS channel. That is what is supposed to happen.

That's exactly what happened here in SoCal. When CBS stayed with the overtime game the ST channel became available and we watched it there until they put up a message to switch back to the local CBS channel. That is what is supposed to happen.

I had that week 1, when the Saints/Redskins game went past 4:25 eastern, I had to switch to the ST channel, then about 30-45 mins later It asked me to switch to non blacked out channel, my local fox.

What's a problem is the replacement refs, they are taking too long for calls, thus running games way too late.

Couple things. Except for markets of the two teams playing a game, the NFL allows the local affiliates in non local team markets to cut away from out of reach or late running games.
So if Philly is playing Tampa Bay and the game runs past the allotted time. Both of those markets will stay with the game through it's conclusion. Other markets will cut to the 4 pm game because that is the "feature game" that Sunday.
In your case, if the Austin FOX affiliate was scheduled to show the GB/SF game and it was not shown, the affiliate made the error.
I check this site...www.the506.com....It indicates the Austin DMA was to get the GB/SF game..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts