NFL ST Blackout Fail

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had that week 1, when the Saints/Redskins game went past 4:25 eastern, I had to switch to the ST channel, then about 30-45 mins later It asked me to switch to non blacked out channel, my local fox.

What's a problem is the replacement refs, they are taking too long for calls, thus running games way too late.
In a word YES...These guys are taking an inordinate amount of time to make decisions, place the ball, look at replays...And they are calling WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many penalties. In the GB/SEA game they called over 30 penalties.

In a word YES...These guys are taking an inordinate amount of time to make decisions, place the ball, look at replays...And they are calling WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many penalties. In the GB/SEA game they called over 30 penalties.

It takes time to call a game property. You wouldn't want to affect the outcome of a game...

And it happened again. At least this time it was only for the first 5 minutes of the game. Instead of switching to the Packers game, they screwed around so we could watch Cam Newton get sacked to finally end that game. Then they ran a huge package of commercials. The NFL ST channel had it blacked out (I tried a few times). I was able to watch in on Game Mix, at least. Annoying regardless. I'm paying to watch Packer games full screen (not in a little 1/8 square). Also, I feel like the NFL shouldn't allow affiliates to run a commercial package instead of live action for the game they are supposed to be carrying.

interesting.....When Atlanta kicked the FG they cut away and Curt said "Due to NFL rules blah blah we will take you to your game" and they switched us to Green Bay game (locally in Minneapolis)

Also CBS because they had the SH we had the late game (Broncos)...at 3:00 JB welcomed us and took us to the Denver game which started at 3:05

interesting.....When Atlanta kicked the FG they cut away and Curt said "Due to NFL rules blah blah we will take you to your game" and they switched us to Green Bay game (locally in Minneapolis)

Ugh. That would have been nice. Did they switch away in time for the opening kickoff, or a little bit into the game? At one point (watching from Game Mix), the announcers said, "We have a new audience joining us." I got excited and switched back to FOX 7... yeah, no, still on Falcons/Panthers game. :mad::rant::wtf:

And it happened again. At least this time it was only for the first 5 minutes of the game. Instead of switching to the Packers game, they screwed around so we could watch Cam Newton get sacked to finally end that game. Then they ran a huge package of commercials. The NFL ST channel had it blacked out (I tried a few times). I was able to watch in on Game Mix, at least. Annoying regardless. I'm paying to watch Packer games full screen (not in a little 1/8 square). Also, I feel like the NFL shouldn't allow affiliates to run a commercial package instead of live action for the game they are supposed to be carrying.

When you check to see if it's on the ST channel, don't go to the guide because it will say blocked out, you need to enter the channel number directly to see if it's on. They should announce to us when a game is running late whether the game scheduled for that time slot is being shown on another channel if indeed it is.

When you check to see if it's on the ST channel, don't go to the guide because it will say blocked out, you need to enter the channel number directly to see if it's on. They should announce to us when a game is running late whether the game scheduled for that time slot is being shown on another channel if indeed it is.

I did. I tuned the the actual 7xx channel. It was a black screen with a message in the lower-right corner that said it was blacked out. It gave me the option of searching for it on another channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.