NFL Sunday Tickate Max upgrade out of the blue for free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sac79348

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
California
Checked my email this morning and found this from DTV. I havent called them once since I switched over a month ago so this was a surprise. I knew I was getting ST for free when I switched but the max was going to be extra so I didnt get it.

"Dear XXX,
spacer_white.gif
As a valued DIRECTV customer, we want to provide you with our best offer, so we are delighted to upgrade your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription to the new NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX, at no additional charge. NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX takes your NFL SUNDAY TICKET subscription to the next level with:
spacer_white.gif
spacer_white.gif
• The RED ZONE CHANNEL[SUP]®[/SUP], which brings you the final yards of every scoring drive from around the league on one dedicated channel. And it's all in HD.*
spacer_white.gif
spacer_white.gif
• Every out-of-market NFL SUNDAY TICKET game LIVE, anywhere you may be, on your laptop, phone or tablet. You'll never miss a game, even when you're nowhere near a TV. Watch games LIVE on your iPhone®, iPad®, and select Android™ devices.
spacer_white.gif
spacer_white.gif
• Short Cuts, with replays of entire games in less than 30 minutes.
spacer_white.gif
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX has been added to your account and there is no action needed from you.
spacer_white.gif
spacer_white.gif
Sincerely,
DIRECTV"

I switched back earlier this week and MAX was part of the deal. I think the current "Best Offer Ever" deal started in mid July, so maybe they're being proactive and giving it to people who just missed it before they start getting angry calls. ;)

So curious, are you guys newer customers, older, have had Sunday ticket before, first time having NFLST?

Wondering if there is a pattern to who gets that offer.

So curious, are you guys newer customers, older, have had Sunday ticket before, first time having NFLST?

Wondering if there is a pattern to who gets that offer.

I've been with D* for one year and did not receive this email. It's probably only being offered to people who just subscribed within the past few months.

so its for people that signed up with the last deal before they included max it appears

I noticed it on my account before I got the email. I just switched to D* in June. I didn't really want NFL Sunday Ticket, and don't want NFL Sunday Ticket Max either. Just more crap I have to remember to cancel before it renews so I don't get charged for it. And it won't let me remove the stuff online...which means I have to call in and screw around with someone that'll probably try to get get me to keep it. Nobody in the house watches or has any interest in football here.

I noticed it on my account before I got the email. I just switched to D* in June. I didn't really want NFL Sunday Ticket, and don't want NFL Sunday Ticket Max either. Just more crap I have to remember to cancel before it renews so I don't get charged for it. And it won't let me remove the stuff online...which means I have to call in and screw around with someone that'll probably try to get get me to keep it. Nobody in the house watches or has any interest in football here.

If you tell them this, they will more than likely NOT turn it on on your account and probably offer you something else ... IF you call that is.

I received the same email and am a new subscriber in July. I am happy about it. Definately an unexpected plus :)

i've been with direct for a little over a year but just moved into a house a month ago

not max (which i wasn't interested in anyway). got a call a moment ago from D* making me an offer i could not refuse. $24.99 for 4 months on NFL ST. sweet!

i received a call from DTV a few weeks ago offering an upgrade to all premium channels (hbo, stars, cinemax, encore, etc) for 4 months free if i upgraded my package to the choice ultimate (was one package down at the time) for $4.99 more a month... on top of that they threw in NFL max for free this season!!!

was very unexpected and i couldnt refuse... i have been with them for 10 years and just upgraded to whole home hardware when i moved 16 months ago... not sure how that fits in with the pattern, but i will (and did) take it!

I got the standard NFLST for free back in June just by calling the Retention Dept. Been a customer for about a year and didnt want to pay $200 for the ST, so asked for RedZone. I couldnt get that because I havent been with them long enough, but they gave me ST for free, which was fine by me. Doesnt renew though, so Ill be back on the phone with them next summer again. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts