NFL Sunday Ticket without any Programming Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jay11220

Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
All,

I am new to these forums. Sorry if I am bringing up an issue that has been answered before. I looked to find answers but did not find any.

I am trying to get Sunday Ticket without any programming package. DirecTV says I can't have it. I need to have at least one basic package. Can they do this per the contract they have with NFL? Is this true or is this just another marketing gimmick by the Customer Rep to get me to sign up for a package with them.

Please share your experiences with me. Your answers are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A hardcore NFL fan.

It use to be you could get NFL ST without any package. They considered it a package.

I think when it got renewed, that clause went away, and you need at least TC

We can not add it on without a base package. Sorry. The only people that can have it this year without base package are the ones that had it like that last year. Much less NOBODY! and I mean not a single customer will be able to have NFL ST without base next year. We have changes going into effect that will force people to take a package or disconnect.
I know it sounds horrible, but that's the decision made by corp.

Your friendly DTV Res Spec
White_Knight_2010@yahoo.com

Good 'ol corporate greed at work. I had NFL ST one year ala carte when i was with Dish and my wife said "I can't believe they let you get just the ticket." It is really her package but I told her then it would not be like that forever!

Status
Please reply by conversation.