NFL Weekly Picks Thread Week 1

Last seasons Sat Guys champ is in the pick'em pool.

Nostradumbass predicts:

New Orleans over Minnesota - Brett Favre will be regretting this decision by the end of the first quarter.

Miami over Buffalo - Do I really need to tell you why?

Detroit over Chicago - As is my tradition, I pick the Lions in the first week, and then bet against them the rest of the season. Chicago ripe for an upset here.

Tennessee over Oakland - Cuz I said so.

New England over Cincinnati - Car accident? Who cares? Nobody to catch the balls Palmer's throwing.

New York Football Giants over Carolina - No sign of talent in Carolina.

Atlanta over Pittsburgh - I don't like this team without Big Ben

Cleveland over Tampa Bay - Somebody has to win. Somebody.

Denver over Jacksonville - Lets see if Denver can start hot again. Everybody knows they can't win in the second half of the season.

Indy over Houston - One team is up and coming, the other has been up for a decade. Up for a decade prevails.

Green Bay over Philadelphia - I wouldn't have taken GB even if Phili still McNabb.

Arizona over St. Louis - No Kurt Warner, no Leinert, no Boldin? St. Louis - No talent.

San Francisco over Seattle - SF is heading in the right direction, Seattle is rebuilding.

Dallas over Washington - McNabb won't help these guys.

Baltimore
over New York Jets - Game of the week, I like Baltimores defense as much as the Jets. The difference here is the Ravens super group of WR's.

San Diego over Kansas City - No explanation necessary.

Thanks to mestevo for setting up the league. Have fun this season guys.

This information is not for illegal gambling. Unless you want to.

Last edited:
The return of the Nostradumbass picks- always a hoot!

(Will we see Daze of our Lions return after a hiatus for most of last year?)

THU SEP 9
MIN @ NO

SUN SEP 12
CAR @ NYG
ATL @ PIT
CLE @ TB
DEN @ JAX
IND @ HOU
MIA @ BUF
DET @ CHI
OAK @ TEN
CIN @ NE
ARI @ STL
SF @ SEA
GB @ PHI
DAL @ WAS

MON SEP 13
BAL @ NYJ
SD @ KC

THU SEP 9
MIN @ NO

SUN SEP 12
CAR @ NYG
ATL@ PIT
CLE @TB
DEN @ JAX
IND @ HOU
MIA @ BUF
DET@ CHI
OAK @ TEN
CIN @ NE
ARI @ STL
SF @ SEA
GB @ PHI
DAL @ WAS

MON SEP 13
BAL @ NYJ
SD @ KC

MIN @ NO Farve may not do the best but the Vikes will find a way to win

DEN @ JAC

OAK @ TEN

CIN @ NE

CLE @ TB

IND @ HOU

DET @ CHI...my "Drunk ass pick"....and I dont drink :D

ATL @ PIT

MIA @ BUF

CAR @ NYG

GB @ PHI

ARI @ STL

SF @ SEA

DAL @ WAS

Mon, Sep 13

BAL @ NYJ

SD @ KC

Saints over Vikings- Defending Super Bowl champs have won their opener every year since 1999.
Very interesting trend right there!

My Pats opening night results when they raised a championship banner:

2002: The Pats open "The Razah" with a resounding 30-14 victory over the Steelers on Monday Night Football

2004: The Pats defeat the Colts in a typical Brady-Manning classic, 27-24. As time expires, Mike Vanderjagt misses an oppurtunity to send the Thursday night opener into OT

2005: Pats defeat the Raiders in the Thursday night opener, 30-20 despite a big night from Randy Moss

Since 1990, only two reigning SB champs lost the home opener- and they had legit excuses.

1993- Cowboys lost to my Bills (too little too late) in a game where they were missing holdout Emmitt Smith.

1999- Broncos lose to Dolphins in the first game of the post-Elway era (he retired that May).

I don't remember you picking the Lions against the Saints in last year's opener. :D

Go ahead, crap all over my joke.:D

Fair enough, I didn't. I'm not even sure I picked them to win any game.

As for "Daze of our Lions", well that got a little old, I think. I need a new shtick for this season. This team will definitely be a step above last seasons. Not ready to contend, but they may surprise a few teams, starting with Chicago.

As for "Daze of our Lions", well that got a little old, I think. I need a new shtick for this season. This team will definitely be a step above last seasons. Not ready to contend, but they may surprise a few teams, starting with Chicago.

I'll be filling the 'Daze' void this year, for I figure the Bills will be as bad as the Lions were a while back.

MIN @ NO
DEN @ JAC
OAK @ TEN
CIN @ NE
CLE @ TB
IND @ HOU
DET @ CHI
ATL @ PIT
MIA @ BUF
CAR @ NYG
GB @ PHI
ARI @ STL
SF @ SEA
DAL @ WAS
BAL @ NYJ
SD @ KC

Chad and crew on offense showed up today, the defense has not.

Saints over Vikings- Defending Super Bowl champs have won their opener every year since 1999.

Dolphins over Bills- Buffalo already can't stop the run- Ronnie and Ricky could have a field day.

Bills D did fine, the offense is what the problem is with the Bills.

Lions over Bears- my upset special. Stafford shows how rapidly improving he will be.

That was very close, I still think the refs should have let that one pass by..

Titans over Raiders- Tennessee can't dig themselves into another slow start.

Raiders are just awful on offense, even with J as QB...Bruce should have been the starter.

Bengals over Patriots- I don't trust the New England defense anymore.

After today you better believe it, last year most of these guys were rookies, but this year....well you better believe they will be one of the best pass coverage defensive backs.

Giants over Panthers- They haven't forgotten 41-0.

Panthers missed opportunities, bring in Jimmy Clausen by week 3 or 4.

Steelers over Falcons- Dixon will play a lot better than most think he will.

This was a sorry ass game that not even the redzone channel thought it was worth watching. Steelers running backs will be gassed out by the time Ben comes back.

Browns over Buccaneers- Cleveland's making some progress- Tampa's not.

Browns running game was good.

Broncos over Jaguars- MJD may be banged up, and I don't trust the Jags passing game.

I thought Broncos would destroy Jax with them fast receivers, then I forgot it was Kyle Orton and no Brandon Marshall in there.

Colts over Texans- Until I see them prove otherwise, I pick Indy to beat Houston.

On this one I also thought Colts would destroy the Texas in a landslide victory, they should have with the performance Manning put on them.

Cardinals over Rams- Sam Bradford won't have the fairytale starts than Sanchez and Ryan had.

I will take the Cardinals all day long against a rookie QB, they can really bring the heat on defense.

Packers over Eagles- I'll take the proven QB over the unproven one.

I did not know how this one was gonna end, I was hoping a score like 45-57...

49ers over Seahawks- Seattle looks VERY shaky.

I was the only one @ work who thought the Seahawks would have won against the 49ers, but never thought they would dominate them like that after the first QT, the seahawks have potentials on winning that division if their defense holds up.
Also note this is the best form and shape I've seen Matt Hasselbeck in a very long time, very good news for the Seahawks fans.

Cowboys over Redskins- McNabb's offensive weapons won't be as good as the ones he had last year.

I chose Redskins over Cowboys on a high scoring shootout, well I was wrong here too, both teams looked very sorry on offense for the most part of the night, their defenses is what kept both teams in game.

Jets over Ravens- The home opener goes to the home team.

I am going with the Ravens, they will hand the J E T S losers their first loss of the season and I would love to see Rex crying again after the game has ended.

Chargers over Chiefs- KC has to prove to me they can stop San Diego on defense. In two meetings last year, they gave up 80 points to the Bolts.

Chargers are shady very shady, but I think they will be fine against KC, I think its going to be a low scoring game.

:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)