2010-11 NBA pre-Season

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Well now that the free agency for the top players is over (sorry shaq u aint one of them haha) , we can start this thread months early.

Here are some odds seen on Sportscenter tonight, for entertainment purposes only according to them.

MIAMI 8-5 (Current) 20-1 (Opening)
LOS ANGELES 11-5 (Current) 3-1 (Opening)
ORLANDO 8-1 (Current) 5-1 (Opening)
CHICAGO 10-2 (Current) 18-1 (Opening)
CLEVELAND 20-1 (Current) 8-1 (Opening) <==== WOW :eek:

What happened to Boston? Atlanta? Denver?? :confused:

4 of the 5 teams you mentioned getting title odds are from the East (the champion Lakers are the other).

Right now, the only West teams that is aa Lake Show roadblock- the Mavericks.

More 2010-11 predictions ..from

Henry Abbott, TrueHoop
J.A. Adande, ESPN.com
Kevin Arnovitz, TrueHoop
John Hollinger, ESPN.com
Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com
Marc Stein, ESPN.com

Rank the NBA's top five teams going into the 2010-11 season.

Abbott: 1. Lakers; 2. Magic; 3. Heat; 4. Spurs; 5. Celtics
Adande: 1. Lakers; 2. Celtics; 3. Magic; 4. Heat; 5. Thunder
Arnovitz: 1. Heat; 2. Lakers; 3. Magic; 4. Celtics; 5. Rockets
Ford: 1. Lakers; 2. Heat; 3. Magic; 4. Mavericks; 5. Celtics
Hollinger: 1. Lakers; 2. Magic; 3. Heat; 4. Thunder; 5. Celtics
Sheridan: 1. Lakers; 2. Heat; 3. Celtics; 4. Thunder; 5. Rockets
Stein: 1. Lakers; 2. Heat; 3. Celtics; 4. Magic; 5. Thunder/Bulls

From Bodog, little different then ESPN's quotes (Maybe Vegas?)

Atlanta Hawks 25/1
Boston Celtics 12/1
Charlotte Bobcats 50/1
Chicago Bulls 15/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 60/1
Dallas Mavericks 18/1
Denver Nuggets 18/1
Detroit Pistons 100/1
Golden State Warriors 75/1
Houston Rockets 45/1
Indiana Pacers 100/1
Los Angeles Clippers 100/1
Los Angeles Lakers 11/4
Memphis Grizzlies 50/1
Miami Heat 7/4
Milwaukee Bucks 35/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1
New Jersey Nets 150/1
New Orleans Hornets 35/1
New York Knicks 35/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 25/1
Orlando Magic 10/1
Philadelphia 76ers 100/1
Phoenix Suns 35/1
Portland Trailblazers 35/1
Sacramento Kings 150/1
San Antonio Spurs 28/1
Toronto Raptors 150/1
Utah Jazz 30/1
Washington Wizards 50/1

More 2010-11 predictions ..from

Henry Abbott, TrueHoop
J.A. Adande, ESPN.com
Kevin Arnovitz, TrueHoop
John Hollinger, ESPN.com
Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com
Marc Stein, ESPN.com

Rank the NBA's top five teams going into the 2010-11 season.

Abbott: 1. Lakers; 2. Magic; 3. Heat; 4. Spurs; 5. Celtics
Adande: 1. Lakers; 2. Celtics; 3. Magic; 4. Heat; 5. Thunder
Arnovitz: 1. Heat; 2. Lakers; 3. Magic; 4. Celtics; 5. Rockets
Ford: 1. Lakers; 2. Heat; 3. Magic; 4. Mavericks; 5. Celtics
Hollinger: 1. Lakers; 2. Magic; 3. Heat; 4. Thunder; 5. Celtics
Sheridan: 1. Lakers; 2. Heat; 3. Celtics; 4. Thunder; 5. Rockets
Stein: 1. Lakers; 2. Heat; 3. Celtics; 4. Magic; 5. Thunder/Bulls

I can agree with those rankings. But we don't know the type of roster Miami will have at the beginning of the season. IF they steal Fisher from the Lakers....which is looking better and better. I would say that foursome and ANY 5th, is favored to win it all.

4 of the 5 teams you mentioned getting title odds are from the East (the champion Lakers are the other).

Right now, the only West teams that is aa Lake Show roadblock- the Mavericks.
Oklahoma City would like to have some words with you.

I can agree with those rankings. But we don't know the type of roster Miami will have at the beginning of the season. IF they steal Fisher from the Lakers....which is looking better and better. I would say that foursome and ANY 5th, is favored to win it all.
Fisher was upgraded by the Lakers. The media overrates Fisher by a long shot.

Fisher was upgraded by the Lakers. The media overrates Fisher by a long shot.

Sounds to me that someone with MORE knowledge of his abilities than YOU DO says different...!:rolleyes:

"We need to have him back, it's as simple as that," Bryant said about his fellow co-captain with whom Bryant joined the Lakers as rookies together back in 1996. "It's not a question of if he will be back; it's a matter of when."

"I don't care what [the cost] is," said Bryant, who also said some variation of the phrase "we need Derek back" six times during his comments on the subject -- once for every ring the pair can win together if Fisher comes back to capture a third straight championship next year. "They need to work that out and get him back because his significance to our ballclub and to me cannot be understated.

"He's our big-shot maker, he complements me in terms of leadership in the locker room because he's the guy that puts his arms around everybody and he's our emotional leader and that allows me to be the taskmaster. We need to get him back and have him be a part of this group and in the fold.

"I'm optimistic that it will happen but we got to get that done."

Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant: 'We need [Derek Fisher] back' - ESPN Los Angeles

So he is ONLY saying it because they are friends? Really?:eek:
Do you seriously think Fisher is good? Chalmers is better than Fisher(at least in his rookie year before he got into Beasley's special stuff).
Also, what does Miami offer to Fisher? A chance to win a ring? Nope he just won 2 and has 5. Lakers can give him more money. Fisher is just toying with Buss to get more money out of him

Do you seriously think Fisher is good? Chalmers is better than Fisher(at least in his rookie year before he got into Beasley's special stuff).
Also, what does Miami offer to Fisher? A chance to win a ring? Nope he just won 2 and has 5. Lakers can give him more money. Fisher is just toying with Buss to get more money out of him

Dont forget that Fisher was the difference in game 3 of the 2010 finals. That was the game that avoided the sweep at Boston (game 3,4,5)

So Fisher still has game

Dont forget that Fisher was the difference in game 3 of the 2010 finals. That was the game that avoided the sweep at Boston (game 3,4,5)

So Fisher still has game
Fisher will occasionally come up big, but it makes you think, if he played better throughout the course of the game, would we be in some of the situations where he comes up big in?
Wade/LeBron don't have the trust in Fisher either that Phil and Kobe do, so I doubt he would get a big chance in a clutch situation anyway

You will need a veteran to run the point on this team. Chalmers is a younger version of Fisher WITHOUT the experience. Fisher is PERFECT for this team and teach/show Chalmers HOW to run a team with superstars.

Chemistry is overrated, veteran leadership running your team is NOT.;)

Fisher will occasionally come up big, but it makes you think, if he played better throughout the course of the game, would we be in some of the situations where he comes up big in?
Wade/LeBron don't have the trust in Fisher either that Phil and Kobe do, so I doubt he would get a big chance in a clutch situation anyway

HE is not there to score...he is there to keep things calm when things get dicey. THAT is why Jackson has him and that is why Kobe he wants him there. ANYONE that knows anything about basketball can CLEARLY see that!

HE is not there to score...he is there to keep things calm when things get dicey. THAT is why Jackson has him and that is why Kobe he wants him there. ANYONE that knows anything about basketball can CLEARLY see that!
Fisher doesn't keep things calm, a bad run is usual because of Fisher's bonehead plays:rolleyes:

More importantly though, there is no reason for Fisher to leave the Lakers for Miami

Absolutely there is. It called a change of pace while STILL competing for an NBA championship.
That is a terrible reason. Like I said, he is most likely toying around to get more money. He probably wants to retire a Laker, so there is no point in leaving the team now when he only has about 2 or 3 years left

Fisher doesn't keep things calm, a bad run is usual because of Fisher's bonehead plays:rolleyes:

That is your opinion and obviously not share by your best player. And IF that were the case he would not be playing the majority of the PG minutes ESPECIALLY in the crucial moments of the games.

That is your opinion and obviously not share by your best player. And IF that were the case he would not be playing the majority of the PG minutes ESPECIALLY in the crucial moments of the games.
We didn't have anyone else to play point guard besides Farmar who is even worse. I love Fisher a lot more than most people, but he can be very overrated by people. I don't want him to go, but it won't be the end of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts