2010-11 NBA pre-Season

IMO Cavs fans can't be mad at Z. He spent the prime of his career on one of the worst teams in the NBA. He never left or complained. He is old and just wants to win a ring now. Hell, he even came back to the team after they got rid of him!

IMO Cavs fans can't be mad at Z. He spent the prime of his career on one of the worst teams in the NBA. He never left or complained. He is old and just wants to win a ring now. Hell, he even came back to the team after they got rid of him!

I've got no ill feelings towards Z whatsoever. He was a free agent, willing to go wherever he wanted. He never made promises he couldn't keep or dump on his city like LeTurd.

Plus, it's no secret the Cavs and Heat are going in different directions. This Cavs team needs to get younger and faster. Z wasn't in our plans and he has every right to sign with another team after a great Cavalier career. Best of luck Big Guy!

I've got no ill feelings towards Z whatsoever. He was a free agent, willing to go wherever he wanted. He never made promises he couldn't keep or dump on his city like LeTurd.

Plus, it's no secret the Cavs and Heat are going in different directions. This Cavs team needs to get younger and faster. Z wasn't in our plans and he has every right to sign with another team after a great Cavalier career. Best of luck Big Guy!
Z deserves a huge standing ovation when he visits. Cavs fans should show LeBron what being loyal to the fans gets you

Sandra, what do you think of the Amare signing?

I love the fierceness with which Amare plays the game, but the Knicks certainly need more than him. If it leads to a Chris Paul and/or Carmelo Anthony coming here next year, it will prove to be a really great signing. If not, it's just a good signing, not a great one. Amare is injured way too often.

Sandra

Z Says Goodbye

“I don’t have to tell you how much I love Cleveland,” Ilgauskas said. “I know I’m from Lithuania, but Cleveland will always be my home. I love the people of Cleveland. But at some point in life, life changes and you have to move on. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be back in the summer. I’m just changing my workplace.

“I’ve been a loyal soldier for 14 years. I just feel it’s time for me to go and chase my dream of winning a ring. If I’m fortunate enough to do that, a lot of me will thank Cleveland for it.”

Ilgauskas did not announce his choice in primetime. He first called Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant to thank them for the opportunity and say that he would appreciate the chance to return to the organization in some capacity when his career ends, more than likely after this season.

As of 11:23pm Tuesday night, no Ilgauskas jerseys were reported to have been burned.

Ilgauskus will have his number retired no doubt about it. Did he sign for 1 or 2 years? I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded back to Cleveland for nothing or if he signed for nothing just to retire a day later as a Cav

hehe, so who is next to leave the Cavs? Moondog ?? LMAO

moondog_041020_002.jpg

THIS is going to be UGLY!

Hunter: NBA lockout is possible

By Chris Sheridan ESPN.com

NEW YORK -- In response to NBA commissioner David Stern's assertion that the league lost $370 million last season, the head of the players' union claimed Wednesday that Stern's numbers are as much as $370 million off base.

Union director Billy Hunter made that statement in a telephone interview with ESPN.com, saying the commissioner's assertion of the severity of the owners' financial woes "just doesn't hold water."

His comments illustrated the fundamental differences the sides are facing as they work to negotiate a new collective bargaining agreement to replace the one due to expire next June 30.

In a nutshell, the union feels the current system is working well for everyone, while the owners feel the labor agreement needs to be drastically overhauled to enable teams to operate profitably.

The sides have started negotiations toward a new one but remain far apart, creating fears of the first work stoppage since 1998-99.

"I'm preparing for a lockout right now and I haven't seen anything to change that notion. Hopefully I'll see something over the next several months," Hunter said. "As of this moment, it's full speed ahead for me in preparing the players for a worst-case scenario."

Hunter, who also spoke Wednesday to several other news organizations, said the players do not believe the owners' claim that they lost a combined $370 million last season -- a statement Stern reiterated in public comments Monday following an owners' meeting in Las Vegas.

"There might not be any losses at all. It depends on what accounting procedure is used," Hunter said. "If you decide you don't count interest and depreciation, you already lop off 250 of the 370 million dollars, and everything else was predicated upon what they were projecting, which was a decline in attendance that didn't happen. Attendance was the second-highest ever."

Union disputes NBA's figures, ready for lockout - ESPN

Ilgauskus will have his number retired no doubt about it. Did he sign for 1 or 2 years? I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded back to Cleveland for nothing or if he signed for nothing just to retire a day later as a Cav

2 years, but I can't see him playing past this year. He's on his last wind.

2 years, but I can't see him playing past this year. He's on his last wind.
So he'll probably be traded in the off season to the cavs for a conditional pick in which the Heat only get the pick if Z plays type of thing. I wouldn't mind seeing Z win a ring, he is one of the best human beings in the Association.

So he'll probably be traded in the off season to the cavs for a conditional pick in which the Heat only get the pick if Z plays type of thing. I wouldn't mind seeing Z win a ring, he is one of the best human beings in the Association.

You're right about that. He truly is. It's been an absolute pleasure watching him play for all these years and getting to know him. It's impossible to NOT root for the guy.

You're right about that. He truly is. It's been an absolute pleasure watching him play for all these years and getting to know him. It's impossible to NOT root for the guy.
He is like Mutumbo. He can be dominating your team on the defensive end but you still cheer for him. I picture both of them as giant teddy bears. They seem fierce, but are just big softies on the inside :p

Been that the Cavs won 60+ games the last few seasons, what kinda #'s can we expect for 2010-11? 30+? 40+ perhaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)