NFL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don’t you think there should be games played before you make that decision...

Gee, ya think? That's a big reason the loss of the RSNs wasn't as big a deal. Baseball season ended and what was left didn't mean as much to me. I'm not cancelling tomorrow, or hopefully not at all. Most of these things get worked out and with the financial impact to all sports teams I'd like to think a prolonged dispute wouldn't be something they'd want.

Being a big NFL fan, this is a blow to me once we hit August. But with it being the offseason, no training camp for over a month, I am not too concerned. When this happened last time (4 years ago?), the contract ended during the offseason, it was off of Dish for a couple of months, and surprisingly it was back the day before the preseason games began. My guess is that it will be something similar... crossing my fingers at least!

Even on Dishpromise.com it says they are hoping to reach an agreement "before the season begins", so I don't sense urgency in Dish.

With the NFL being added, they took down all the RSN info on DishPromise.com.

I've been a fan since the late 1950s but I have reached my limit with the spoiled whiny millionaires. Everything about the NFL is either, someone is protesting or someone has been arrested or someone has tested positive or someone is whining about a teammember/owner/coach, it's virtually never about the game itself anymore. They overpay these whiners by millions and then expect everyone else to pay more and more to watch and/or attend a game. It's out of control and that's largely due to Roger (spineless) Goodell. Nope, I'm done. :thumbdown

I was really enjoying the XFL this year. I didn't buy into all the little broadcast gimmicks, but did appreciate most of the format. The players all made less than $100K, and even that was based on their team's performance. It was refreshing..............which means it probably won't return.

I'm hoping some team will sign Kappernick, so I can abandon the NFL forever.

I've been a fan since the late 1950s but I have reached my limit with the spoiled whiny millionaires. Everything about the NFL is either, someone is protesting or someone has been arrested or someone has tested positive or someone is whining about a teammember/owner/coach, it's virtually never about the game itself anymore. They overpay these whiners by millions and then expect everyone else to pay more and more to watch and/or attend a game. It's out of control and that's largely due to Roger (spineless) Goodell. Nope, I'm done. :thumbdown
I slowly forgave after things had settled down and returned for the playoffs and Super Bowl. I'm out again, most likely forever.

Reactions: TRG

For a second I had to re-read this post as I thought I wrote it, except for the 1950s part :)

I couldn’t agree more on all points. I swore off the NFL a few years ago when this all stated, removed the NFL and ESPN apps from my phone, never to return and generally forgot football existed. Actually, it didn’t take much to boycott the NFL. Ever since Aaron Hernandez I started drifting away from football. The Florida Gators organization knew he was a scumbag, the NE Patriots knew he was a scumbag, but it was all overlooked because of his on-field talents. I am so sick celebrity worship and free passes for the beautiful people. IMO human decency is more important than talent, but being a good person doesn’t win championships. Of all places, USA Today has a database of NFL player arrests since 2000. It’s amazing to me with all of the millions of dollars these guys make how many can’t stay away from trouble.

This isn’t a relatively new phenomenon either. My aunt is a retired 40+ year RN from the hospital where Buffalo Bills players went and she took care of many throughout the years including OJ Simpson. She said every single one of them are disgusting, arrogant, foul mouthed pigs. A boss at a previous job worked maintenance at a local drug/alkie center in the ‘90s and would see many football players come and go, they were treated like gods. He was there in the early 90s during the four consecutive Super Bowl loss run and after each Super Bowl some guys would be in for weeks or months on end to try to dry out before they had to start prepping for the next season.

I no longer wish to support people like that.

Not sure how they are expecting more eyeballs when they are not showing anything new.

Red zone isn’t showing anything now and the NFL network is showing old games and shows.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts