NHK 58 w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So they're changing frequencies, but are they keeping the same symbol rate and FEC? Kind of weird for them not to mention anything about that.

So they're changing frequencies, but are they keeping the same symbol rate and FEC? Kind of weird for them not to mention anything about that.

I noticed that too, I also noticed that everyone else except US is getting the fancy DVBS-2! I feel a little left out without any explanation on that too, unless they plan to upgrade it in a few more years.

It would be eventually they be broadcasting over here in 4k. Looks like they are changing things around a bit.

The change is due to NHK World Premium shifting to HD. It won't be 4K, but NHK delivers a wonderful HD picture so I'm looking forward to seeing it. World Premium broadcasts about 5 hours per day in the clear.

Later this year, NHK will begin test satellite broadcasts in Japan of 8K (they aren't pursuing 4K) and plan to start regular 8K broadcasts by 2018.

Later this year, NHK will begin test satellite broadcasts in Japan of 8K (they aren't pursuing 4K) and plan to start regular 8K broadcasts by 2018.

That would be nice to see, especually if it's going to be broadcast here, instead of just only in Japan!

But having NHK World in 1080i HD is what inspired me to get into 1.2M C-Band! :-D it is a very beautiful clear picture all the time, especially on my Cisco D9865 receiver! :-D

I have heard of these. Where did you get it? How much are they?

Well, I first tried buying one from NHK World Premium subscription services, tvoceania is their distributer. But after NHK World Premium told me "NNOOOOO!!!!", I had to look elsewhere for one. I was hoping to get the top of the line 'D' model of the 9865. :-(

I finally called the company in the pic below that only deals with commercial equipment for commercial businesses; so I pretended to be an up and coming new TV Station just in case! :)

At first they thought they were sold out, but did manage to find one left in their warehouse. They didn't have the 'D' model I wanted, so I settled for the just as good 'H' model. I bought it mid June of last year, and my understanding at that time was that I got one of the last receivers made as they were discontinued from Cisco in 2014 I think. At the same time I saw a used Cisco 9865 receiver for sale on Ebay, but haven't seen one since. Unfortunately, I don't remember any longer how much I paid for it, but it could have been in the $500-600+ range or so.

++Correction, I found my bank statement, I paid $509 for the receiver. The 'D' model would have been $200 more probably.

The cool thing was it was already set up for NHK World TV after typing in the service code number in the menu, but I still get a black screen when they scramble. Can't always have everything, but still a beautiful reliable receiver nonetheless! :)

Attachments

• 1462498393916.jpg
    1462498393916.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: KE4EST
The new transponder is hot.

Three channels:

NHK World SD625
NHK World HD
NHK Premium HD60

The latter is the Japanese service that is mostly scrambled, but clear for news, emergency news and a handful of other shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)