NHL 2007-08 Season

I thought the Wings played a good (not great) game. Dallas played much better...they played hard and the game was very competitive. However, The Wings are outshooting the Stars 2-1. Unless Turco plays out-of-his-mind or they find a way to keep Detroit from shooting so often, this series is going to end quickly.

We shall see...

I thought the Wings played a good (not great) game. Dallas played much better...they played hard and the game was very competitive. However, The Wings are outshooting the Stars 2-1. Unless Turco plays out-of-his-mind or they find a way to keep Detroit from shooting so often, this series is going to end quickly.

We shall see...

Dallas did play much better, as the announcers mentioned they changed thier breakout plays and were able to gain the Wings end much better than game one.

I still think the Wings were toying with them the last 8-10 minutes ....

When is Franzen due back ?

Jimbo

Osgood instigated the situation, but the two-handed swing was uncalled for. I'm waiting to see if both players get a suspension, but I doubt that Osgood will get one. Retaliators always get the short stick in these situations. (Pun intended).

Go Red Wings!!!

Osgood instigated the situation, but the two-handed swing was uncalled for. I'm waiting to see if both players get a suspension, but I doubt that Osgood will get one. Retaliators always get the short stick in these situations. (Pun intended).

Go Red Wings!!!

I don't think either will get a suspension.
I need to see it again.
IF you look closely, look and see if Ozzie's stick (paddle portion) AFTER he poked him, moves away from him.

I noticed that they never showed it from the opposite direction.
IF Ozzie's stick did not move away from him, it will prove that Ozzie did not actually make contact with him.

It was not right for Ozzie to do that in the first place, but it's possible that Ozzie did not even get him.
Someone mentioned that Ozzie was actually trying to slow the guy down as he knew the puck was behind the net.

NHL Network is showing the game now :up

Jimbo

Last edited:
This is true about Ozzy, the camera angle didn't tell the whole story, but I still see a suspension coming for the stick swinger.

Seeing that it was a stick swinging incident, your probably right .
I would imagine IF it happens it would be 1 game, not like some of the vicious stick swinging incidents of years past.
The intent may have been there, but I doubt Ozzie was hurt, maybe stunned, but not hurt.

Jimbo

Look for some nastiness in game 3. By the way, I thought yesterday's game was one of the best of the year - both teams were flying up and down the ice, along with some great hitting.

Look for some nastiness in game 3. By the way, I thought yesterday's game was one of the best of the year - both teams were flying up and down the ice, along with some great hitting.

I don't think you'll see the nastiness UNLESS the Wings get out to a lead.
A 2 goal lead would bring a lot of it out.

Jimbo

Goalies are 'cheap shot' artists, just look at what Turco has been doing with his stick. It's a tactic that keeps the opposition honest around the net. My only problem with the slash was that it was so blatant that is almost impossible not to suspend him for a game.

Other than that...boys will be boys and that's why we love our hockey. I predict game 3 is going to get extremely physical.

I don't think either will get a suspension.
I need to see it again.
IF you look closely, look and see if Ozzie's stick (paddle portion) AFTER he poked him, moves away from him.

I noticed that they never showed it from the opposite direction.
IF Ozzie's stick did not move away from him, it will prove that Ozzie did not actually make contact with him.

It was not right for Ozzie to do that in the first place, but it's possible that Ozzie did not even get him.
Someone mentioned that Ozzie was actually trying to slow the guy down as he knew the puck was behind the net.

NHL Network is showing the game now :up

Jimbo

After seeing it again,
YES Ozzie did get him, well see what comes of it from the NHL offices.

Goalies are 'cheap shot' artists, just look at what Turco has been doing with his stick. It's a tactic that keeps the opposition honest around the net. My only problem with the slash was that it was so blatant that is almost impossible not to suspend him for a game.

Let's not get out of hand.

Let's not put Turco in the Hexall/Belfour/Billy Smith class of hothead goalies.

I like a little nastiness in hockey. While what osgood did is not appropriate, it is something they all do. The 2-hander slash on Osgood was a bit over the top. Just drop your gloves and pop him, use of the stick is one of the worst offenses in hockey IMO. BUT... I do feel the NHL handled it properly.

I expect some tight officiating tonight on Turco and Osgood. Also, maybe the Wings/Stars are brewing a smaller version of the the Wings/Avs rivalry. I like it, the Wings play their best hockey in these types of games usually. Could we see Mccarty out vs Ribeiro tonight?

Yep, there is nothing wrong with a little blood letting to get the fans and players into the game. Just as long as the hits are clean, the checking hard and both players drop their gloves mano et mano, then let the bodies hit the ice. On the other hand, I am no fan of the "cheap shot" artists who use their sticks to slash, trip, and spear when the refs aren't looking. I expect to see the Stars come at the Wings with everything they've got this evening in front of a home crowd.

I like a little nastiness in hockey. While what osgood did is not appropriate, it is something they all do. The 2-hander slash on Osgood was a bit over the top. Just drop your gloves and pop him, use of the stick is one of the worst offenses in hockey IMO. BUT... I do feel the NHL handled it properly.

I expect some tight officiating tonight on Turco and Osgood. Also, maybe the Wings/Stars are brewing a smaller version of the the Wings/Avs rivalry. I like it, the Wings play their best hockey in these types of games usually. Could we see Mccarty out vs Ribeiro tonight?

You mean the might call Turco on the hundreds of times he's smacked Holstrom in the back of the head, or slashed him in the back of the legs .....

MC Carty will definatly be in there tonight as Fransen sits out another game.

Jimbo

I also expect Philly to take at least 1 vs the Penguins.

Watching the wings tonight, MAYBE Dallas will steal one, but man, that would have to be one heck of a theft just seeing how Dallas is playing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)