NHL 2008-09 Season

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Ok, let's talk about some hockey. GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!

This is the only time Cybok and myself root for the same team.

Here we go Red Wings , Here we Go !!!

Detroit Red Wings
Home of the 11 time Stanley Cup Winners !!!

btw, looks like they have improved their website for this coming year

Jimbo

where were all these penguin fans 5 years ago? must be a heavy bandwagon.

Hey, I've been an avid pens fan since they drafted Mario. I've supported them during the bad years just as much as the good years.

Hell I support the Pirates ever year, hoping for a winning season, but every year for the last 16 years, and counting, I've been disappointed. But come February, I will be anxious about the upcoming baseball season.

So maybe before you label someone, maybe you should get your facts straight, and if you can't do that, then might I suggest that you just keep your opinions to yourself.

Last edited:
Hey, I've been an avid pens fan since they drafted Mario. I've supported them during the bad years just as much as the good years.

Hell I support the Pirates ever year, hoping for a winning season, but every year for the last 16 years, and counting, I've been disappointed. But come February, I will be anxious about the upcoming baseball season.

So maybe before you label someone, maybe you should get your facts straight, and if you can't do that, then might I suggest that you just keeping your opinions to yourself.

Me too.:up

So maybe before you label someone, maybe you should get your facts straight, and if you can't do that, then might I suggest that you just keeping your opinions to yourself.

Wouldnt be an interesting board if we kept opinions to ourselves. In your case you're a long time fan, so I'm sorry for the generalization as it relates to you. But I do find it amazing how people have crept out of nowhere. That team was drawing 10,000 a game and now we have to hear about what great fans they are. Lets not forget that team has been bankrupt a few times. it just seems that team gets luck with great draft positions, drafts a superstar and becomes good. But history has shown each time they become bad again you cant give away tickets.

Wouldnt be an interesting board if we kept opinions to ourselves. In your case you're a long time fan, so I'm sorry for the generalization as it relates to you. But I do find it amazing how people have crept out of nowhere. That team was drawing 10,000 a game and now we have to hear about what great fans they are. Lets not forget that team has been bankrupt a few times. it just seems that team gets luck with great draft positions, drafts a superstar and becomes good. But history has shown each time they become bad again you cant give away tickets.

I use to go to 10-15 games a year, even when Jagr was the Captain:rolleyes:, but know with having a family I just can't afford it. Just because someone doesn't shell out tons of money, doesn't mean they aren't fans.

Look at the Pirates now, the owners are cheap, they wont spend money because they are making a profit. Well if fans want a change, they have to stop paying to go to games. If the owners don't want to put a competitive team on the field, then why should I give them my money. People who continue to go to the games shouldn't complain about the team, they are the reason the team is like it is. If they stop going, the owners will have to put a competitive team on the field to get fans in to make money, or they will have to sell the team.

The lure of PNC Park, bobble heads and fireworks shouldn't be the only reason to bring in fans.

Now because I don't want to give them my money, doesn't mean I'm a fan, IMHO I'm one of their biggest fans, because I want them to change and become the team that they once were. Now fans in Tampa Bay are lousy fans, the team is winning, and they still don't show up.

So maybe before you label someone, maybe you should get your facts straight, and if you can't do that, then might I suggest that you just keep your opinions to yourself.

Welcome to my world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)