NHL 2008-09 Season

Blue Jackets getting a bit frustrated it looks like, if the game gets to 3-0 I think they will start to stir up some fights

Jimbo

The NHL Network feed here in Cincinnati is, in fact, blacked out just like next weeks CI
feed is also blacked out. So for us Wings and Blue Jackets fans we are sol thanks Reds
I think that they are playing with out a break for the next week.

I would have thought that Cincy would get FSN Ohio as well, but I guess not, could be a contract thing.

I think I could get FSN Ohio if I bought the sports package.
But the point I have is why is the game blacked out when I only can get FSN Cincinnati?

Good question.

Buy the Sports package for $12 and turn it off after the month is done.
I think the first two rounds are on the FSN's and the rest are on Network.

Good question.

Buy the Sports package for $12 and turn it off after the month is done.
I think the first two rounds are on the FSN's and the rest are on Network.

I found out last night that the next game is being shown on an ALT sports channel.
So I will get to see at least one Wings Blue Jackets game.
Also the last time I had the sports package it was $5.00 + change.

I found out last night that the next game is being shown on an ALT sports channel.

I could be wrong, I thought it counted like a Premium, don't know for sure anymore.

Jimbo

Also on Thursday the Reds are playing in the afternoon so us Wings & Blue Jackets fans will be able to see the game.
I just will NOT be in HD and we will have to put up with the Jackets play by play folks.
They have to be some of the worst announcers in any sport.

Also on Thursday the Reds are playing in the afternoon so us Wings & Blue Jackets fans will be able to see the game.
I just will NOT be in HD and we will have to put up with the Jackets play by play folks.
They have to be some of the worst announcers in any sport.

They are not that bad. I have heard much worse.

They are not that bad. I have heard much worse.

Well I have not they scream at every goal and wine at most penalty calls that go against
the Jackets the too many men on the ice that was called last night which cost the Jackets the game is the latest and last this year.
Of course I could be spoiled by the Detroit pair they are some of the best.
But what else could expect since they work for one of the best sports org that there is.

Well I have not they scream at every goal and wine at most penalty calls that go against
the Jackets the too many men on the ice that was called last night which cost the Jackets the game is the latest and last this year.
Of course I could be spoiled by the Detroit pair they are some of the best.
But what else could expect since they work for one of the best sports org that there is.

fwiw, the Too many men call was absolutely correct, as Micky Redmond pointed out, had the player coming on the ice NOT played the puck it would not have been called.
The guy coming on the ice cannot ever play the puck before the guy is off the ice, anyone else can, but not the guy replacing the guy coming off.

Jimbo

For the second season in a row, the Capitals have come back from a first round 3-1 games deficit. Last season, they lost game 7 in OT by a power play goal.

This season, they have sent the Rangers starting goalie to the bench after 40 minutes in each of the last two games, after he gave up 9 goals in 34 shots over the two games.

The Capitals are clearly the better team in this series. All they have to worry about is whether Lundqvist can come back strong after two humiliations.

The Penguins are into the next round.

Ready Cybok????

For the second season in a row, the Capitals have come back from a first round 3-1 games deficit. Last season, they lost game 7 in OT by a power play goal.

This season, they have sent the Rangers starting goalie to the bench after 40 minutes in each of the last two games, after he gave up 9 goals in 34 shots over the two games.

The Capitals are clearly the better team in this series. All they have to worry about is whether Lundqvist can come back strong after two humiliations.
I agree! The Caps have clearly been the better team, but the superb goaltending by Lundqvist the first few games kept the Caps from advancing to the next round. Anyway, the Caps are on a roll and I think Lundqvist's magic is over. I just moved a few things back into our unsold house in Fredericksburg VA since I will be working on a proposal in the area for the next few weeks/months. Hopefully I can get tickets should they advance. I would love to see the Caps win the East Championship and meet up with the Red Wings for the Stanley Cup. As a native Detroiter (and Red Wing fanatic!) I attended Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals back in '98 when the Wings swept the Capitals.

Well deserving! :up

Tim Thomas named as finalist for Vezina Trophy
Mon, 04/27/2009 - 12:57pm
By: Joe Haggerty
WILMINGTON -- In another high point during an already-inspiring run with the Boston Bruins, goaltender Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins are the three finalists for the 2008-09 Vezina Trophy, which is awarded “to the goalkeeper adjudged to be the best at his position,” the National Hockey League announced today.

The general managers of the 30 NHL clubs submitted ballots for the Vezina Trophy at the conclusion of the regular season, with the top three vote-getters designated as finalists. The winner will be announced Thursday, June 18, during the 2009 NHL Awards that will be broadcast live from the Pearl Concert Theater inside the Palms Hotel Las Vegas on VERSUS in the United States and on CBC in Canada.

Following are the finalists for the Vezina Trophy, in alphabetical order:

Niklas Backstrom, Minnesota Wild
After nine seasons honing his craft in Europe and two earning increased playing time in the NHL, Backstrom established himself as the Wild’s go-to goalie this season, appearing in 71 games. He ranked among the League’s top five goaltenders in goals against average (2.33, third), save percentage (.923, fourth) and shutouts (eight, third) and his 37 wins were a franchise record in addition to being the NHL’s fifth-highest total. Backstrom established a club record with 149:19 of consecutive shutout goaltending Dec. 31-Jan. 8.

Steve Mason, Columbus Blue Jackets
Mason began his NHL career by winning his first three starts, Nov. 5, 7 and 8, seizing the Blue Jackets’ No. 1 goaltender role. Named the NHL’s Rookie of the Month for both November and December, he posted a club-record three straight shutouts in late December. Mason finished strong, going 8-2-4 from Mar. 7-Apr.8 as Columbus captured the first playoff berth in franchise history. His 10 shutouts led the League and his 2.29 goals against average ranked second to Tim Thomas’ 2.10 for Boston.

Tim Thomas, Boston Bruins
Thomas took his game to a different level this season while backstopping the Bruins to their highest victory (53) and points (116) totals since 1971-72. He led the NHL in goals against average (2.10) and save percentage (.933) while posting a career-high 36 wins. He won a career-best seven straight decisions from Dec. 4-30 and closed the regular season by winning his last six starts. Thomas and Boston teammate Manny Fernandez are the winners of the William Jennings Trophy as the Bruins allowed a League-low 196 goals this season.