NHL 2008-09 Season

Gutsy comeback from the Bruins last night to take 1 point out of Montreal

Marc Savard has 5 goals in 3 games and leads the league in goals! :up

Bruins beat the Senators tonight, 4-2. So after a 2-1-1 opening road trip, the B's have their home opener Monday night against the Penguins.

I think Chara is a vital part of the Bruins team this year.

The two biggest keys are the return to health of Patrice Bergeron and Manny Fernandez.

Honestly I don't see what's the big deal with Fernandez... overpaid, breaks down easily, inflated stats due to coming from a very stingy defensive system. Good thing his contract comes off the books this year, can't wait for a Thomas/Rask combo

Bergeron has looked pretty good so far

Well my Sharks won an early season "playoff-type" game with the Flyers in OT 5-4 in a NHL first, a home and home between teams on the east coast and west coast! Saturday Night Philly at SJ, fly across continent for 2nd of home and home for San Jose at Philadelphia!!

Global warming/fuel hogs/pit speak for an incredible home 'n home! First game had about 15 fights, it rocked Jimmy 440 didn't it?

KCK-Halo- we just let you get an easy one after the cheap shop on Michalek, we'll take the division without having to deal cheap shot artisis like Anaheim! :)

KCK-Halo- we just let you get an easy one after the cheap shop on Michalek, we'll take the division without having to deal cheap shot artisis like Anaheim! :)

Looks like we got a little rivalry here.

We got some mini-rivalries here- Paul Wozniak (Michigan fan) against the Three Buckeye-teers, HD MM vs. mccoy and cybok- and this would be interesting.

Bill and KCK have a gentlemanly rivalry with the BoSox and Angels- this may be different.

Good question. The guy they hired has a good rep as a hockey man. I think Scotty may think himself to be too old for the job now.

They were talking about Scotty on HNIC hot stove and one of the guys said that he was talking to Scotty and he said that he will only work like he did with the Wings.
He will not do any thing full time he likes living in Tampa and scouting.
So that seems to rule Scotty out as full time any thing.

Last edited:

We got some mini-rivalries here- Paul Wozniak (Michigan fan) against the Three Buckeye-teers, HD MM vs. mccoy and cybok- and this would be interesting.

Bill and KCK have a gentlemanly rivalry with the BoSox and Angels- this may be different.[/quote]

No problem Sabres. I can take a hit as long as it's a clean one.;) I will be the first to admit that the Ducks are shooting themselves in the feet with poor penalties. I'm glad Bertuzzi is gone and if we can keep Pronger from acting like an ax man we should be OK.

The Sharks are definitely a force to be reccond with this season.

Last edited:

Bill and KCK have a gentlemanly rivalry with the BoSox and Angels- this may be different.

:D:D:D:D

I feel so alone here.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)