NHL 2011-12 Season

SandraC said:
LOL I wonder how many of his teammates will actually 'contact' him at practice!

Sandra

Actually Crosby said on the radio that he'll probably have to initiate the contact with his teammates.

Don't hit him in the head and he should be fine ...
I doubt that other teams will be avoiding him.

He had a Concussion, not BONE issues.

IMO a concussion is worse than a broken bone, if you break a bone you know how long it will take to heal and when it does you can go back to business, unless it's your back or neck, a concussion you just don't know if and when you will heal.

Here is some hockey players that had to retire early because of concussions.

Eric Lindros (retired in 2007)

Matthew Barnaby (2007)

Keith Primeau (2006)

Steve Moore (2004)

Scott Stevens (2004)

Pat LaFontaine (1998)

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/287833

My Saturday Morning Rant...

Well, here it is a new NHL Season and I still hate teams being awarded a point for losing in OT. The overtime loss (OTL) is complete BS! You win, you earn a point - you lose, you earn the agony of defeat! It's easy to understand and what's not to love about it? Personally, I would go back to having tie-games during the regular season. This system worked well for almost 80-years. Why it was scrapped, I will never know. :confused:

What's next...style points? How about awarding a point for each goal scored because Bettman wants to reward offense---over defense of course---and make the playoff run "even more exciting" for the small percentage of passive fans who don't understand the game (i.e., they've never played it). Let's see...Team A is 6-points out of the final playoff spot but if they beat Team B on the final game (who just happen to be resting their star players for the 1st round of the playoffs) by something like 8-0 they have an outside shot of making the playoffs. Ugh!

Bring back the tie-game (each team earns one point) or get rid of the OTL. If you lose in OT you lose period...no style points, no gold star for effort. :)

More Rantings...

Hey, I'm on a caffeine buzz! :coffee

Using the Win-Loss-OTL system, a team finishing with a record of 47-25-10 looks pretty good. Right? Well, that would have certainly been a stellar record under the Win-Loss-Tie sytem. However, in reality this particular team won 47 games and lost 35. Not so impressive now is it? Let's take a look at last year's Columbus Blue Jackets. They finished with a record of 34-35-13. For us old-timers, it would appear the team had an average year winning almost as many games as they lost. However, their true record is 34-48. Yikes! No longer average. So why were they rewarded with 13-points for losing 13-games? Because it fools hockey rubes into believing their teams are more competitive than they actually are by masking a Loss with an Overtime Loss...like it's a higher quality form of losing. :rolleyes:

To quote Helen 'Mama' Bouch, "OTL is the devil." Do we wish to continue dumbing-down the game for the average person (e.g., not a hockey fan) south of the Mason-Dixon line? I say no!

Waterboy.jpg

IMO a concussion is worse than a broken bone, if you break a bone you know how long it will take to heal and when it does you can go back to business, unless it's your back or neck, a concussion you just don't know if and when you will heal.

Here is some hockey players that had to retire early because of concussions.

Eric Lindros (retired in 2007)

Matthew Barnaby (2007)

Keith Primeau (2006)

Steve Moore (2004)

Scott Stevens (2004)

Pat LaFontaine (1998)

Hockey head count - thestar.com

I understand that a Concussion is worse than a bone break, thats obvious. My point is ... if he doesn't get hit in the head he'll be fine.

I understand that a Concussion is worse than a bone break, thats obvious. My point is ... if he doesn't get hit in the head he'll be fine.

But you have to admit, that's a HUGE "if", if you've already sustained a head injury.

The Bruins and Blackhawks- the last two Stanley Cup Champions- face off tonight at 8:30 ET on NHL Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)