NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

Not official yet, but cancelling all games thru 12/30. There are a ton of games scheduled for New Year's Eve and theglimmer of hope is that they can "Start the New Year Right" as the old song goes. We shall see.....

I would much rather have Opera Man describe this situation in a way that is typical of the vocal legend. ;)

Fellow hockey fans....there is a Canadian movie call Bon Cop, Bad Cop (the movie is 50-50 French and English, subs in both language)...its worth a watch especially during the lockout.... Thinking of it, the movie makes more sense because of the lockout.

Cheers, K

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479647/

Never understood why the NHL doesnt play on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day yet they can play on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I can literally Bettman saying "We have no interest playing on Christmas." This from a league that has had how many work stoppages in the past decade or so??

Its a real shame that the season has been locked out. If Im NBC, I'd be a little mad at the NHL because a lot of programming went to NBC and NBCSN that was going to include the NHL.

Never understood why the NHL doesnt play on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day yet they can play on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I can literally Bettman saying "We have no interest playing on Christmas." This from a league that has had how many work stoppages in the past decade or so??

Its a real shame that the season has been locked out. If Im NBC, I'd be a little mad at the NHL because a lot of programming went to NBC and NBCSN that was going to include the NHL.

Amen and NBC should be all over for the NHL and demand there money back for this season that they are missing :D :)

Not official yet, but cancelling all games thru 12/30. There are a ton of games scheduled for New Year's Eve and theglimmer of hope is that they can "Start the New Year Right" as the old song goes. We shall see.....

Thought I read it was thru the "End of the Year" that was cancelled this time around, that would include NYE... which is ALWAYS a BIG deal at Joe Lewis Arena.

Amen and NBC should be all over for the NHL and demand there money back for this season that they are missing :D :)

NBCSN, is that the old VS ?
The one channel that stuck it's head out and took a chance when the NHL was down LAST time ?

That will show them, lets see how fast they come to SAVE them next time the TV contract comes around.

I don't think that the NHL is getting even a quarter of the exposure they would be getting had they actually agreed with espn.

The one channel that stuck it's head out and took a chance when the NHL was down LAST time ?

That will show them, lets see how fast they come to SAVE them next time the TV contract comes around.

I don't think that the NHL is getting even a quarter of the exposure they would be getting had they actually agreed with espn.

Amen Jimbo :)

Amen Jimbo :)

Of course it's also a channel that was NOTHING till they did stick thier head out of the sand and saw the light.

Wait, they still aren't anything really.

Take the NHL away, like now, is ANYONE WATCHING NBCSN now ?

Heard reports today on the ride home that a deal is close to being made. I really hope that's true, but I have gotten my hopes up many times already only to be let down.

Heard reports today on the ride home that a deal is close to being made. I really hope that's true, but I have gotten my hopes up many times already only to be let down.

We can hope but until it is final I won't believe it :)

seriously? First it was the whole "why they play on Turkey Day eve and day and not X-Mas Eve" thread saying "they were the same type of holiday" now this???

Sorry but X-Mas is totally different than any other holiday. NYE games usually are in the afternoon so folks can get to NYE parties (or they have skate-a-thons after the game). New Years Day was ALWAYS the BIG college football day...but the BS err BCS and ESPN f**ked that up

NBCSN has shown College hockey
NBC can fill those few Saturdays with paid programs or give it back to the networks. Heck since CFB ended the 3 networks (ABC, FOX, NBC) show crap during Saturday afternoon...CBS has basketball still

News has been quiet on the CBA talks front, but I heard some reports of the league being at a take it or leave it standpoint. If that's the case I really hope the players association takes it and they can get to playing. The last thing we need is a complete cancellation of the season with a bleak outlook for next season too.

NFL Award Picks

NFL Wildcard Round Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)