NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

Kinda like the dumbkopfs on 16th and Georgetown just did firing the one guy that was getting some positive traction for Indycar. I've about had enough of that too. LOL

I didn't mind seeing the rodeo clown fired, but that's a different topic for a different time. Besides Brother Stogie, when did we ever agree on anything? Oh yeah, your comments on the NHL. That's a first ;).

I didn't mind seeing the rodeo clown fired, but that's a different topic for a different time. Besides Brother Stogie, when did we ever agree on anything? Oh yeah, your comments on the NHL. That's a first ;).

Touche' my Hoosier friend. Indeed we don't. Randy was the best thing for Indycar since the split, IMO. He just wasn't forceful enough. He let the owners do whatever they wanted to. You have to run racing like a dictatorship. See NASCAR. LOL

Merry Christmas!

Well, it's beginning to look like I won't be using my Winter Classic tickets this year. :rolleyes:

Seriously, "NHL makes new offer, player says" in the latest gossip involved in this sad, sad saga.

Source

"The NHL has made a new proposal to the NHL Players' Association with time ticking toward a canceled season, an NHL player told ESPN.com on Friday.

The player, who requested anonymity, said the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one that moved on the term limit for player contracts, salary variance and buyouts, according to the player.

The league's insistence on a five-year limit has been a major sticking point with players, who countered Dec. 6 with a willingness to limit deals to eight years.

At this point there is no scheduled meeting between the sides set for Friday, a source said. The NHLPA needs time to review the lengthy and detailed offer from the league.

Details of the new offer include:

• Term limit on player contracts moves to six years from the five years NHL asked in previous offers (seven years if you're re-signing your own player).

• Year-to-year salary variance moves from 5 percent (NHL's previous offers) to 10 percent.

• Each team will be allowed one compliance buyout before the 2013-14 season that will not count against the salary cap but will count against the players' share.

• The Make Whole provision stays at $300 million."

Well, it's beginning to look like I won't be using my Winter Classic tickets this year. :rolleyes:

Seriously, "NHL makes new offer, player says" in the latest gossip involved in this sad, sad saga.

Source

"The NHL has made a new proposal to the NHL Players' Association with time ticking toward a canceled season, an NHL player told ESPN.com on Friday.

The player, who requested anonymity, said the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one that moved on the term limit for player contracts, salary variance and buyouts, according to the player.

The league's insistence on a five-year limit has been a major sticking point with players, who countered Dec. 6 with a willingness to limit deals to eight years.

At this point there is no scheduled meeting between the sides set for Friday, a source said. The NHLPA needs time to review the lengthy and detailed offer from the league.

Details of the new offer include:

• Term limit on player contracts moves to six years from the five years NHL asked in previous offers (seven years if you're re-signing your own player).

• Year-to-year salary variance moves from 5 percent (NHL's previous offers) to 10 percent.

• Each team will be allowed one compliance buyout before the 2013-14 season that will not count against the salary cap but will count against the players' share.

• The Make Whole provision stays at $300 million."

It's a shame because the winter classic and its festivities would have been great!

Yep, 115,000 fans at the Big House and various other games and activities being hosted in Detroit that week. Sucks!

I feel your pain. Was excited to get to go to all of the All-Star game activities in January. Now I will have to wait for another year. Hopefully they bring it back here in 2015.

Isn't there a Big College hockey tournament that takes place around the 1st of the year, involving Michigan and BSU and others, takes place at the Joe I believe ...
Is that being shown on the NHL Network ?

Isn't there a Big College hockey tournament that takes place around the 1st of the year, involving Michigan and BSU and others, takes place at the Joe I believe ...

Yes, the Great Lakes invitational known as the GLI, usually shown on fox sports Detroit

I believe that would be the Great Lakes Invitational which is happening right now...I'm watching Western Michigan vs. Michigan State on Fox Pacific. Michigan plays Michigan Tech this evening, but it's not on Fox Sport Atlantic (FCSA), Central (FCSC) or Pacific (FCSP) in my area until 11PM this evening. I don't get Fox Sports Detroit in my sports package. :(

I believe that would be the Great Lakes Invitational which is happening right now...I'm watching Western Michigan vs. Michigan State on Fox Pacific. Michigan plays Michigan Tech this evening, but it's not on Fox Sport Atlantic (FCSA), Central (FCSC) or Pacific (FCSP) in my area until 11PM this evening. I don't get Fox Sports Detroit in my sports package. :(

Watching it now as well....looks like a good crowd as well.

Just checked, is on FSN right now....NHL Network rerun of some tournament

What sucks is that I can't watch the game until it airs on Fox Sports Pacific at 11:00 PM. Of course, since the MSU football game doesn't start until 10:30 PM this evening (whose bright idea was that?) I can flip back-and-forth during the breaks. Just don't tell me who won the game. :)

So let's see if I have this straight...the league has cancelled games through 14 January?...the NHLPA has given the board the OK to dissolve the union?...and the NHL has filed a class-action complaint against the NHLPA, along with an unfair labor practice with the National Labor Relations Board, charging the NHLPA with various labor/union related shenanigans? Offhand, I cannot see how this season doesn't end up being cancelled like the 2004-05 campaign due to lockout.

In my McBane voice with clenched fist raised towards the heavens, "B-E-T-T-M-A-N-!"

Well, if they both say the heck with it ...
Then they will be in the SAME spot next year when NHL camps open, so they need to continue with the BS till it gets resolved NOW.

NFL Award Picks

NFL Wildcard Round Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)