NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Couple of big items just happening or coming down the road.

1) 2012-2013 schedule was released today
2) NHL Draft
3) Free Agency

Lets keep the hockey talk alive until the puck drops on October 11 (hopefully).

The only cloud hanging over the 2012-13 season is another possible lockout. If the owners want a profitable season,move unviable teams like the Phoenix Coyotes & Florida Panthers to cities,like Kansas City & Quebec City,that will support them. A lockout is senselessly stupid.

Where will Rick Nash end up .... Back in Columbus , on to NY ?

Detroit would LOVE to have him, but they would get fleeced in order to get him.
I'm sure Columbus would ask for much more than what others would ask for.

Where will Rick Nash end up .... Back in Columbus , on to NY ?

Detroit would LOVE to have him, but they would get fleeced in order to get him.
I'm sure Columbus would ask for much more than what others would ask for.

I am 99% sure that he will not end up back in Columbus. Scott Howson puts on a good face in regards to Nash but I don't think he will be here at the start of the season. If he is it would be to much of a distraction for a team that really needs to turn things around. Biggest question will be how much will a team be willing to give up in order to get a top line forward.

The other big question will be where Stahl ends up. I have seen items that he is not going to sign an extension with the Pens and wants to be on a team that he can be the #1 player. Could Stahl wind up in Columbus after they move Nash? They will need to have a huge improvement up front with Nash leaving the team. Actually they need huge improvement up front even with Nash on the team. ;)

Had fun at a NHL draft party tonight.

ForumRunner_20120622_203115.png

I like the trade.

It was a very good trade for Pittsburgh since they only had one year left with Staal. The Canes must really think that they will be able to resign Staal since they paid such a high price for him in the trade.

It was a very good trade for Pittsburgh since they only had one year left with Staal. The Canes must really think that they will be able to resign Staal since they paid such a high price for him in the trade.

His demands will be different after the trade.

His demands will be different after the trade.

Maybe.... Maybe not..... I think it will all depend on where he fits with the team. From my understanding he wants to be on a team where he can be the #1 person on the team.

JAG72 said:
Maybe.... Maybe not..... I think it will all depend on where he fits with the team. From my understanding he wants to be on a team where he can be the #1 person on the team.

Yeah that's why he didn't sign with the pens, he would always be #3.

Yeah, but it is still a loss for them. Now they need a good player to pick up for his loss.

Sutter isn't going to be a bad player for the Pens. I think that they improved the team overall with the trade and didn't give up that many points over the season.

Crosby signed a contract extension. I am kinda surprised due to his injuries lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)