NHL 2012 off-season notes & transactions

TICK! TICK! TICK! That sound you hear, gentlemen is the 2012-2013 NHL season quickly slipping away. If there is no solid, positive movement and a settlement by this time next week consider the announcement to cancel the season a Thanksgiving weekend "present" to all concerned.

did Bettman really suggest take two weeks off from talking?

Amazing ....

They get together for LESS than an HOUR last time (Sunday) and now think that taking a few weeks off will help them come to a solution :rant:

Thinking like this is WHY they are where they are ...

Amazing ....

They get together for LESS than an HOUR last time (Sunday) and now think that taking a few weeks off will help them come to a solution :rant:

Thinking like this is WHY they are where they are ...

Good thing spring training for yankees and bluejays is only 3 months away!! I am done. No more NHL Centerice , no more jerseys, and other over priced made in china hockey crap. On top of it the Sabres Store has a early black friday sale today and tomorrow 50% off everything, including the NHL season if we get that!

Let's hope we here there is some progress but I bet that is wishful thinking :D :rolleyes: :)

From what I have been reading it was more of the NHL asking the players for a new proposal. They are going to be meeting this morning so hopefully things will start moving along again. The only thing that I now am hoping for is a cancellation of the All-Star game.

From what I have been reading it was more of the NHL asking the players for a new proposal. They are going to be meeting this morning so hopefully things will start moving along again. The only thing that I now am hoping for is a cancellation of the All-Star game.

Not me...I've written off the season and have moved on to other things - namly College Hockey. I hope they cancel the season after this latest Bettman debacle.

Not me...I've written off the season and have moved on to other things - namly College Hockey. I hope they cancel the season after this latest Bettman debacle.

I am only hoping for the All-Star game cancellation so Columbus would be able to get it again in 2015. I just don't see the players into this years game and if there is a season there will be a bunch of injury's from such a short time before the games start. Having tickets for the event, I will be very disappointed in the game if it is still held.

Personally, I think that the games in December are going to be canceled this week and most likely the season if nothing happens very soon. I personally don't care if there is a season at this point but I just want it all worked out so that we can have a full season next year.

I am only hoping for the All-Star game cancellation so Columbus would be able to get it again in 2015. I just don't see the players into this years game and if there is a season there will be a bunch of injury's from such a short time before the games start. Having tickets for the event, I will be very disappointed in the game if it is still held.

Personally, I think that the games in December are going to be canceled this week and most likely the season if nothing happens very soon. I personally don't care if there is a season at this point but I just want it all worked out so that we can have a full season next year.

Amen :)

How would they determine this years All Stars, if they had less than a month to play, other than the obvious Super Stars ...

How would they determine this years All Stars, if they had less than a month to play, other than the obvious Super Stars ...

I have no idea but so far the game is still on. From everything I have heard it will be canceled in the next round of games lost.

No stars this year...just a bunch of bitter disappointments taking the ice. Speaking of bitter disappointments, I would love to see an agreement include a provision requiring Gary Bettman to suit up for a game and log 20-minutes of ice time. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants! :)

No stars this year...just a bunch of bitter disappointments taking the ice. Speaking of bitter disappointments, I would love to see an agreement include a provision requiring Gary Bettman to suit up for a game and log 20-minutes of ice time. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants! :)

Amen that would be a hoot :D :)

Games through December 14th are now canceled as well as the All-Star weekend. Didn't surprise me but it does suck that I will not be going to the All-Star game now. It was one event I was really looking forward to.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=646209&cmpid=fb

I was looking forward to the Winter Classic for them playing in a 100,000 seat plus stadium with all those people :)

The NHL makes a big deal about not playing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, yet they still have a lockout going on. Thats a big deal but not the fact that they lost there game today on Black Friday and the Winter Classic in which both events would have drawn eyeballs to the sets plus 100,000 people for the Winter Classic. Plus, even though its panned a lot the All-Star Game is lost too. Thats great. Lose any momentum you gained from last year.

I was looking forward to the Winter Classic for them playing in a 100,000 seat plus stadium with all those people :)

I always look forward to watching the Winter Classic but this year the All-Star game was going to be bigger for me as I had my tickets already purchased.