NHL 2013 Season

I think it will be a fight for the wings to get into the playoffs for 22nd consecutive season

Love hockey but am done w/ the NHL. After reading for months of whinning over paid skating millionnaires am out. They should really pat themselves on the back for all people from sports bars, restaurants, hotels, parking lots and arena vendors who lost their jobs because the players wanted a bigger piece of the pie... job well done.

It should almost be illegal to complain how bad your working conditions suck when you make 6 figures.

Cheers, K

Ironic that if they start end of next week Next Saturday (the 19th) is "Hockey Day in Minnesota" where they have 3 high school games (played outdoors on a lake), the Goofs and Wild and televised on FS North

Screw the NHL. Two lockouts in an 7-8 year span by a bunch of overpaid crybabies if you ask me. :mad:

Add me to the chorus of "who cares". They pretty much killed my interest during the "lost" season but this really was the last straw.

Sucks as I used to be a huge Dallas Stars fan and was excited when they won the Stanley Cup in '99.

The first lockout started my distaste for the NHL. The Stars bonehead GM refusing to sign Mike Modano for his last year was another dislike. This latest lockout killed my interest in hockey altogether.

Ironic that if they start end of next week Next Saturday (the 19th) is "Hockey Day in Minnesota" where they have 3 high school games (played outdoors on a lake), the Goofs and Wild and televised on FS North

Games played on a lake... that's pretty cool and fun!

Games played on a lake... that's pretty cool and fun!

they've done this since 2007...
the 1st 2 years were on Baudette Bay on Lake of the Woods which was the coolest thing. Seeing one camera angle of Canada in the background (the border stop was there) was neat
2009,10 & 11 were just outdoor rinks. One was in the park, one was on the HS football field
Last year was suppose to be on Lake Minnetonka but the warm winter kai-boshed that (not enough ice)

This year there is enough ice :)
http://www.grhockeyday.com/

The first lockout started my distaste for the NHL. The Stars bonehead GM refusing to sign Mike Modano for his last year was another dislike. This latest lockout killed my interest in hockey altogether.
This is how I feel and lets hope a lot feel the same way.

Am going to clarify myself... am still going to support my team. I'll watch the games if its on National TV, FTA, airing at a local bar or friend's place. However, am not spending 1 cent on going to see an NHL game, on NHL merchendise or sat/cable sports channels as that ship has sailed.

Cheers, K

Questions aplenty regarding Kovalchuk's NHL return TSN.ca Staff While NHL players start gathering in preparation of the shortened season, New Jersey Devils star forward Ilya Kovalchuk's status could still be up in the air. Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record reports that - two days after the NHL and NHLPA reached a tentative deal on a new CBA - Kovalchuk was on the ice Tuesday for St. Petersburg SKA's Kontinental Hockey League game against Ak Bars Kazan. The NHL and KHL have an agreement to honour existing contracts in each other's respective leagues, which means both leagues aren't supposed to allow players from the opposite league to stay in their own if they're under contract in the other league. NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly remains confident Kovalchuk and the KHL will honour the deal, along with others. "We have no reason to believe the KHL will let them play," Daly told TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger on Tuesday. "It would be inconsistent with our agreement with them." Kovalchuk signed a deal in September to play in St. Petersburg during the lockout. The 29-year-old has 13 years and $80 million remaining on his 15-year, $100 million contract with the Devils. While Daly remains confident Kovalchuk will be in a Devils uniform when the season opens next week, Slava Malamud of Russian daily sports newspaper Sport Express wrote that Kovalchuk hasn't made up is mind. "I will need to read the new agreement," Kovalchuk told the paper, saying he still needs to decide what to do next. TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie added Tuesday that the Devils organization were told they, "haven't heard (Kovy) isn't coming back," while Kovalchuk's agent Jay Grossman told Gulitti said Monday, he was "working on" arrangements for Kovalchuk to return to North America.

To all you people talking about how these guys are soooo overpaid .....

The players in the NHL make FAR LESS than the other sports players do and play a much more demanding game (NFL excluded, I think they are both right up there as far as being hard to play in the professional ranks ....

Baseball players make WAY more than NHL while the sport of baseball is the least physical out there of the major sports.

To all you people talking about how these guys are soooo overpaid .....

The players in the NHL make FAR LESS than the other sports players do and play a much more demanding game (NFL excluded, I think they are both right up there as far as being hard to play in the professional ranks ....

Baseball players make WAY more than NHL while the sport of baseball is the least physical out there of the major sports.

I agree Jimbo and great points :)

I liked Burke, agree the timing is strange, but as a Leaf fan, still haven't made the playoffs.

I really hope the Luongo rumors are not true, will just be an overpriced mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)