NHL 2015-16 Season

Well, the Flyers are in the Metro division, not the Atlantic division like Detroit and Boston, so I don't know what their situation is.
Whats is gonna happen is either Detroit or Boston will get the 3rd spot in thier division (top 3 in each are in the playoffs) and the top 2 Wild Cards as well.

Red Wings are a point ahead of Boston and tied with Philly for the WC ... If Boston gets the 3rd spot, then the Wings and Philly battle it out for the last spot in.
The Wings real best shot is to beat out Boston.

I just wish the Wings didn't have to face both Philly and Boston back-to-back this week. It seems like the Wings have gotten a lot of bad luck when it comes to the scheduling of games this year.

I just wish the Wings didn't have to face both Philly and Boston back-to-back this week. It seems like the Wings have gotten a lot of bad luck when it comes to the scheduling of games this year.
I agree ....
However, they have no One to Blame if they don't make it ... they play both teams involved.
Boston also plays back to back games, don't remember who the other is though.

Pens are on a roll. They are guaranteed a playoff spot now.

Boston lost to Carolina in a shootout. Both Boston and Detroit now have 91 points in the standings, but because Detroit's only played 79 games vs Boston played 80 games, Detroit still technically has 3rd place in the Atlantic Division.

If the Wings win back-to-back against Philly and Boston, they should be able to clinch that playoff spot.

Red Wings just played thier best game of the year, imo ...
Winning 3-0 over the Flyers.
On to Boston tomorrow, IF they play like they did tonight and win the game in regulation, they are in.
If Boston gets a point or wins tomorrow, it will be decided on Saturday.

Wings were very impressive tonight, they controlled play thru a large part of the game, won face offs in the first 2 periods, not as many in the 3rd though, when you really need them.
No stupid unforced turnovers that led to a goal.
Jimmy Howard played Excellent tonight and the D played very well as well.

Reactions: CK SatGuy
After playing their best game of the year against the Flyers, the Wings came out and played like they have most of the year against the Bruins and got blown out.
Now the playoff run will come down to winning on Saturday, I think I heard a win and they are in, but with the way they played last night, I wouldn't bet the house.
or ever the dog house for that matter...

If Wings get in, they will play Tampa Bay .... they never do well against them, so if they make it, it may be short lived. Like most years of late.

On a positive note, former Red Wing Captain Steve Yzerman has built a nice team down in Tampa ...

Howard picked a bad time to leave the net. Wings now down 3-1 with 2 minutes to go. Luckily Ottawa is beating Boston 5-1, so the Wings will still make the playoffs, but it sucks that they have to rely on Ottawa's help.

Update: As I type this, it's now 3-2.

That's was a f**ked up 20 seconds. With 6 on 3, the Wings still lose on bad passing.
That was also a gift penalty call in front of the net, both players were going for the puck.

Wings get Tampa Bay win or lose seeing that Boston is about to lose...
Wings need to play much better in the playoffs if they want to go anywhere ...
2nd and third periods were very good, just didn't get the puck in the net.
1st period was terrible.

Red Wings start their playoff run tonight against Tampa Bay. Games will be nationally televised on NBCSN (games 1 and 4) and CNBC (games 2 and 3), as well as on CBC in Canada. Games will be locally televised on Fox Sports Detroit and on Fox Sports Florida (except Game 3 will be on Fox Sports SUN in Florida). Let's go Red Wings!

Red Wings lose 3-2 here in Game 1. A very rough game with both teams starting a lot of fights. Justin Abdelkader was doing a lot of forechecking and shoving and just getting under Tampa Bay's skin. Red Wings got some good shots at the end, but Tampa Bay's goaltending was very good. Hopefully, the Wings will figure out what went wrong and win game 2.

Red Wings lose 3-2 here in Game 1. A very rough game with both teams starting a lot of fights. Justin Abdelkader was doing a lot of forechecking and shoving and just getting under Tampa Bay's skin. Red Wings got some good shots at the end, but Tampa Bay's goaltending was very good. Hopefully, the Wings will figure out what went wrong and win game 2.
What went wrong was they played poor in the 3rd, or should I say the Lighting turned up the heart in the 3rd and controlled most of the play.

Wings lose WAY too many faceoffs, a crucial part of the game many don't think about.

Well, things were going fine, until TB broke the 2-2 tie and then everything fell apart. And then we get a fight near the end of the game that really wasn't worth it.

Can the Wings win at home in the next 2 games?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)