NHL 2015-16 Season

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Well the NHL preseason has officially has begun. In just two weeks we will have the regular season starting.

This year the NHL is testing the 3on3 OT to try and get rid of the shootout. Yesterday was the first test as the CBJ played the Pens. The 3on3 was pretty exciting but wouldn't you know it the game still went to the shootout.

Go Jackets!

Not a fan of making rules changes just for the sake of rules changes, I find it counter productive. I get they don't like so many games going to shootouts, but the fans like it. I would rather they just let the boys play and get out of the way. No matter what though, hockey is back and that makes me very happy. :clapping

Not a fan of making rules changes just for the sake of rules changes, I find it counter productive. I get they don't like so many games going to shootouts, but the fans like it. I would rather they just let the boys play and get out of the way. No matter what though, hockey is back and that makes me very happy. :clapping
Also don't like rule changes when no necessary, go back to playing OT hockey till it's over ... no S O BS.

I did see the Red Wings and Pens play the other night ... I think the Pens brought thier pee wee team .... Wings won 5-1, then they went on to play the 3 on 3 OT for the sake of doing it ... Pens won .

That's the pre season for ya, just feeling things out. At least in hockey pre season every guy on the ice is playing hard.

I would not object to going back to ot periods. It is fun to watch a long shoot out in person though.

I believe it is, also if you pull your goalie during the 3 on 3 and the other team scores you lose the one point for going to OT. More changes just to make changes.

The new 3 on 3 OT is only 5 minutes in length. Doubt many of them will make the entire 5 minutes as its pretty much a shooting gallery during that 5 minutes.

The new 3 on 3 OT is only 5 minutes in length. Doubt many of them will make the entire 5 minutes as its pretty much a shooting gallery during that 5 minutes.
They had mentioned that 11 times they went to a SO in the preseason so far, I don't remember if they said how many OT situations they had so far.

Sharks Raffi Torres has been suspended by the NHL for 41 games for a illegal check to the head. Looking back on Torres career he should be out for good. Very dirty player.

With the addition of Kessel i think the Pens will go far in the playoffs unless they have long term injuries.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

685we9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

3-on-3 Overtime Hockey is the best things to happen in the NHL since the curved hockey stick. Okay, perhaps that statement is curved slightly but it largely negates the shootout, which is fine by me and the sanctity of hockey. Well-done....and it's obvious this cannot be a Bettman initiative.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
We've had a mild Nov/Dec here in MA, and the long range forecast calls for a high of 65 on Christmas Day. Hopefully, it will get a little colder for the Winter Classic on New Year' s Day in Foxboro.

We've had a mild Nov/Dec here in MA, and the long range forecast calls for a high of 65 on Christmas Day. Hopefully, it will get a little colder for the Winter Classic on New Year' s Day in Foxboro.
Wow, I wonder how cold it is required to be to actually have the ice and game, I mean if it's 55-60*, I can't see them having it outdoors.

Reactions: BillD1984
The NHL did ?
I didn't know that .... still has to be cold enough to have a good sheet of ice.
Maybe they will be playing on synthetic ice next.
No it doesn't. That's why they were able to play in warm cities.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts