NHL and MLB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
Was thinking about getting the Center Ice and Extra Innings packages....I had gotten the MLB.TV package last year for my phone and PS3 and other devices. Call me weird but I really like watching the out-of-town commercials too..MLB.TV simply had a slide they put up in lieu of the commercials.

I remember seeing a free preview of Center Ice years ago on DirecTV and they kept all the commercials in, even for the Canadian broadcasts. Is this still the case or are there generic slides on the feeds?

With the sports packages, you're getting the feed from the RSN or local channel, in some cases, that is broadcasting the game. It includes the commercials.

Is it true that what you see on the RSN is really just a re-map of the EI/CI/LP feed of the game? I have always thought that; not sure if it is a personal hypothesis or something that I actually read. It would make sense since on the out of market games it doesn't show the "this program is blacked out...." message, it displays the "you don't subscribe..." message. Seems like it would save bandwidth, too.

Is it true that what you see on the RSN is really just a re-map of the EI/CI/LP feed of the game?

It's the other way around. Directv re-maps the RSN feeds for the packages. Cable companies use the company "In Demand" for the feeds.

Another question...

I know that (at least for MLB..not sure about NHL) CSN Philly is not available on satellite but the feeds are used for games. Would Phillies and/or Flyers games be blacked out since that's my "local" team, or are they not since CSN Philly is not available on satellite?

Another question...

I know that (at least for MLB..not sure about NHL) CSN Philly is not available on satellite but the feeds are used for games. Would Phillies and/or Flyers games be blacked out since that's my "local" team, or are they not since CSN Philly is not available on satellite?

You'll be blacked out.

I have the NHL Center Ice package to watch the Flyers. I live in Williamsport, PA smack dab between Pittsburgh and Philly markets. I get about 75 of 82 Flyers Games with NHL center ice from the away broadcast. If the NHL Network is airing the flyers game, I'm blacked out based on my zip code, even though DirecTV doesn't carry the channel. I don't know if the same is true for the phillies broadcasts, but I am pretty satisfied with the NHL center ice with the exception that the NHL Network is (or used to be) complimentary with my Center Ice package, but because of such, I get blacked out on the NHL Network's broadcasts of the Flyers.

NBC Sports Network/Versus games air nationally without blackout just fine.

NHL Network is on channel 215 on DirecTv. Probably just included in the package you chose to subscribe to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)