NHL Center Ice, Any HD Broadcasts, Home and Away Feeds ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i don't want to be anal about this - but all the conflcting info causes me to. I just re-read the charlie chat script. are we sure they're talking about the NHL Network? The question was:
NHL HD is that coming anytime soon? The answer that follows is NHL Network will include centre ice. shouldn't that be the other way around - subscribers of CI will get the NHL Network? Then Eric talks about the negotions for NHL HD - no mention of NHL Network.

script follows:

2nd Question: NHL HD is that coming anytime soon?
Answer: NHL network will include center ice.

Eric Sahl: we are wrapping up negotiations for NHL HD it will have out of market games (center ice) expected launch Oct 1st,
we will have most of the center ice games in HD

maybe its me, but something doesn't follow in that exchange....

i don't want to be anal about this - but all the conflcting info causes me to. I just re-read the charlie chat script. are we sure they're talking about the NHL Network? The question was:
NHL HD is that coming anytime soon? The answer that follows is NHL Network will include centre ice. shouldn't that be the other way around - subscribers of CI will get the NHL Network? Then Eric talks about the negotions for NHL HD - no mention of NHL Network.

script follows:

2nd Question: NHL HD is that coming anytime soon?
Answer: NHL network will include center ice.
Eric Sahl: we are wrapping up negotiations for NHL HD it will have out of market games (center ice) expected launch Oct 1st,
we will have most of the center ice games in HD

maybe its me, but something doesn't follow in that exchange....

The whole thing sound ambiguous to me. "NHL HD" ??? I suppose that refers to NHL Center Ice games broadcast in HD. My guess is that if the local Fox affiliate is broadcasting the game in HD, you will be able to watch it in HD (assuming you subscribe to CI) with all the HD RSNs Dish now carries. Or it can refer to the NHL Network broadcasting in HD. I thought it was a studio show like what's done on the NFL Network.

The response from the Dish rep sounds to me like he's not involved in the negotiations or doesn't really understand what's going on with CI and his network.

Another thing that occurred to me as it pertains to *E........E* now advertises 18 RSN's in HD but are those spot beamed or conus? If they're spot-beamed then only the regions of those sports channels will receive the game in HD broadcast on that channel. The way they explain it is still somewhat ambiguous. Are they going to assign a bunch of CI channels specific to HD games or do they mean that each RSN network will broadcast their NHL games in HD to the various regions? If it's the latter then it won't matter to the majority that get CI in hopes of getting out-of-market HD games.

I guess time will tell with regards to E* and D* in this matter. It just really bothers me that the CSR's are always so ill-informed and can never seem to give you accurate information. You literally have to wait until the first day of the season to see for yourself before you can even know specifically how HD is going to work in regards to black-outs and availability.:(

I don't think that the HD RSNs are spot beamed. I've added a several to my favorites list.....the first batch that were released just for the heck of it. The only RSN that I can access is my region....everything else gets the black out message when there is a game that I try to access.

from the Toronto Globe and Mail

NHL Network will launch in the United States in time for the start of the regular season, sources say. The network, which operates out of Toronto, will air basically the same programming in the United States as it does in Canada.

[URL="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rts/columnists"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rts/columnists[/URL]

HockeyBuzz.com

Sources say an agreement between the NHL Network and Comcast is about 90% completed. The network should be available to Comcast subscribers no later than mid-October.

A deal with Dish Network and Direct TV is moving along much slower.

Maybe I'm crazy but how can you have Home and Away feeds of the same game? The game is either Home or Away. How can you be 2 places at once when your nowhere at all?

example:
rangers at florida - dish shows both the rangers telecast AND the panthers telecast- dish has done this in previous years, unknown this year- directv never, they usually only show the home team feed.

I just hope they add MSG HD, so i can watch the Rangers in hd. i'm sick of watching MSG's sd feed its the worst on d*.

I just hope they add MSG HD, so i can watch the Rangers in hd. i'm sick of watching MSG's sd feed its the worst on d*.

i'm with you -but i just want the ranger feed for ALL their games - can't stand some other broadcast teams...

HD centre ice?

Does Directv CentreIce have a channel for HD feeds? I am watching the preview of CentreIce but can't seem to find any of these in HD?

thanks

i'm almost positive the reason directv's center ice sked doesn't list the hd channels yet is because it will be one or 2 more weeks before all of the rsn's are put on conus beam.

robert mercer, of directv, confirmed to me last week that we would have a plethura of hd hockey and basketball this winter.

They must be getting ready for HD feeds when the launch the rest of the RSNs in HD (more soon).

Each CI channel now has a -1 substation for NHLHD.

Good sign of things to come.

They must be getting ready for HD feeds when the launch the rest of the RSNs in HD (more soon).

Each CI channel now has a -1 substation for NHLHD.

Good sign of things to come.

Wow, this thread was ressurected!!!!(sp?):p:p:p

I noticed all the HD substations today when I got home from work and was just going to post about it and here this thread is again.... looks like we're going to be getting our NHL in HD pretty quick here boys !!!!
On a side note, the Rangers had a hell of a third period last night taking out the Panthers 5-2!! Drury had the GWG of course !!! Saturday it's the Sens, should be a good one !!! Hopefully in HD !!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Would these -1 channels be live for tonight's games? I'm pretty sure at least one or two are being broadcast in HD.

Would these -1 channels be live for tonight's games? I'm pretty sure at least one or two are being broadcast in HD.

The Bruins vs Phoenix game will be in HD tonight available through CI, first CI-HD broacast yeah !!!! :up:up:up. Sharks vs Pens is on HDNET as well. But listening to the HDNET announcers is like watching paint dry:(....

i know the bruins-stars game is in hd because i can see it on nesn's menu!
Both NESN's were blacked out for me last night...though the CI channel was fine (Dallas' FSN broadcast). Go figure. Yeah, I'm a CI subscriber. Funny thing....NESN replayed the game today on their HD channel....was fine, no blackout or other message saying I wasn't authorized.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)