NHL Center Ice, Any HD Broadcasts, Home and Away Feeds ??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NHL Net nabs U.S. Carriage
NHL Network, currently on Canadian TV, skates south this month after completing distribution deals with U.S. cable operators Comcast, Cox Communications, Cablevision and Time Warner, and with satellite operators DirecTV and Dish Network. In total, the network will pass about 72 million U.S. homes.

At Deadline: NBCU Announces Daytime Deal Or No Deal

Center ice sabres Msg HD

I am in buffalo and watch the sabres on MSG. Since there is no MSG HD and the sabres home games are broadcasted via MSG Hd can i pick them up in my center ice pack? With the the -1 HD channels starting to list i was wondering if they will have both the sd and HD signals or will it be blacked out and i have to watch it on ch 627?

I am not a CI customer, nor a hockey fan in general, however I can tell you what the guide data on my HR 20-700 MPEG4 receiver
is listing for Directv...CI channels seem to run ch. 764-776, with a H/D version of each
game listed as a sub-channel...I.E. chan. 764 is followed by 764-1...Now I can't say for sure if that is the case, or even if each game will have a H/D counterpart, however it is listed that way at this time....hope this helps!

I am in buffalo and watch the sabres on MSG. Since there is no MSG HD and the sabres home games are broadcasted via MSG Hd can i pick them up in my center ice pack? With the the -1 HD channels starting to list i was wondering if they will have both the sd and HD signals or will it be blacked out and i have to watch it on ch 627?

As I understand it the HD feed for the Sabres home games right now is ONLY available to Time Warner Cable subscribers in the Buffalo system. Even Time Warner subscribers in Rochester and other surrounding communities don't get the HD games yet.

Unless the Sabres reach an agreement with Directv to carry the HD feed I would say that you will only get the SD version.

I really wish they let you watch both feeds. I don't get it at all. I mean, if I subscribed to something like NBA League Pass, then I get every basketball game. What does it matter if I watch an out-of-market game via one station or the other? The whole thing seems arbitrary and random, I mean, it's not even based on who the home team is, it's just random.

No Red Wings games on FSN Detroit

Supposivley The Center Ice promo was on, thru tommorow.
Tonight I went to catch a Red Wing score on the SD channel, 636 the screen said " Not available in your area" This is the second time in three nights.
I have never had any trouble watching them on 636 in previous years.
I call D* and they say it's blacked out, they think. then I tell them that it's not blacked out on my cable channel.
They say it's a FSN issue as they have a memo stating that MY ZIP is not carried by FSN any longer .....

I will be trying to contact them tommorow ,
I wonder if this is simply the same thing thay did with the baseball season in the begining of the year I remember the Tigers and Cards were not available for a while.

Any ideas guy's ?

Jimbo

I'm in Dallas but i have seen random blackouts on a home RSN and the center ice feed is clear.

I also know that the Chicago and Minnesota game last Thursday that the Chicago SD feed was clear and the Chicago HD feed was blacked out here in Dallas.

HD Feeds and RSN feeds

I haven't been reading these posts because I'm swamped with work and going back to school, but I see the CI appears to be set up for HD with a -1 Channel for every game but only To Be Announced in the description. Has anyone gotten an update on their plans?
When I first got D* in 2000 and bought CI, they let you watch the games on the NHL CI Feeds or the local RSN feeds. Then, one season they stopped letting you watch the local feeds (I have no idea why). Then, the season after that, they let you watch both feeds again. Now, its back to blacking out the RSN channels which sucks because some of them have HD feeds. I don't really care what feed I get as long as it has HD. I wish they would just activate the CI HD channels and then I wouldn't care about them blacking out the RSN's. I live outside of Baltimore and I know last week a Bruins game was on NESN HD but it was blacked out.

Rob

Thinking of getting CI. Will I have any blackout problems since I live in northwest Alabama?

i think the TBA is listed because most of the RSN's haven't gone on CONUS beam yet. i strongly suspect this will happen wednesday. zap2it is listing a redwings game tomorrow in HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts