NHL Center Ice at heavy discount

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
Not sure if this is a bug or not in the system, or if it's only tailored for certain users, but NHL Center Ice is showing available to add on my account for a VERY good price. I called in and while they didn't show it, they honored the price.

1633442031483.png

Reactions: dtv757
I just checked I have same offer....I will take them up on it what a great price!

Seeing as ESPN+ is basically offering NHL Center Ice for the same price, it's really the same deal you would get there. However, by ordering it through DirecTV, you don't get the 75 games that are exclusive to ESPN+. And you also don't get access to all of the other ESPN+ content.

Still, it's a better deal than it used to be and if you can't get good reliable broadband where you are, Center Ice through satellite is a solid option.

Reactions: AZ. and dtv757
Just no opinion, they should allow access to the online games if the user buys from their TV provider... (cable, sat or telco) just like the other premium sports subscriptions

Again my opinion not a fan of all these a la cart streaming things like ESPN+ Paramount + peacock etc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just no opinion, they should allow access to the online games if the user buys from their TV provider... (cable, sat or telco) just like the other premium sports subscriptions

Again my opinion not a fan of all these a la cart streaming things like ESPN+ Paramount + peacock etc
I agree about not being a fan of all the streaming services. It's to a point that regular TV is turning into a commercial for the stream.

Anyway, CNBC has an interesting article about Disney and ESPN+ .

The bullet points at the top of the article:
  • Disney’s strategic move into streaming conflicts with ESPN’s business, which profits handsomely from linear TV.
  • ESPN probably won’t consider a direct-to-consumer service until the pay-TV bundle falls below 50 million U.S. households, according to people familiar with the company’s plans.
  • ESPN’s near-term strategy is to incrementally increase the price of ESPN+, its limited streaming service, and add more content.

I was glad to see the national exclusive games on ESPN Plus will also be on Hulu. I subscribe to Hulu for my kids to watch stuff but don't subscribe to ESPN+. With that, at least I'll have access without paying more. I agree it would be best to keep this stuff on traditional providers, especially for commercial establishments. That said, we'll continue to see more and more of this as streaming builds market share. NFL Sunday Ticket will likely be streaming only next year - just a matter of who bids the most and how they decide to market the product. Amazon has stated interest, I wouldn't mind if it just becomes part of Prime, but it would stink if it was a Prime upgrade (second fee on top of prime).

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was glad to see the national exclusive games on ESPN Plus will also be on Hulu. I subscribe to Hulu for my kids to watch stuff but don't subscribe to ESPN+. With that, at least I'll have access without paying more. I agree it would be best to keep this stuff on traditional providers, especially for commercial establishments. That said, we'll continue to see more and more of this as streaming builds market share. NFL Sunday Ticket will likely be streaming only next year - just a matter of who bids the most and how they decide to market the product. Amazon has stated interest, I wouldn't mind if it just becomes part of Prime, but it would stink if it was a Prime upgrade (second fee on top of prime).
You can see your favorite team on ESPN+ if you're not in the Blackout area. I'm in Florida and can see my Blue Jackets according to ESPN+'s schedule.

I'm thinking that the ESPN+ stuff on Hulu will be with an added fee, other than just HULU.

As for Amazon, I would love it if it only took Amazon Prime to get the Sunday Ticket ... without an addl. fee.
You WON'T see ST for just the cost of AP, unless AP goes up in price by about $100 .

I may have not been logged into it the last time I checked, I'll have to try something again ...
is there anything like that on now on ESPN+ that I can check ?

I thought espn+ was also charging to get ALL nhl games not just the espn+ exclusive ones . Since they control NHL now .

I stand corrected looks like what was NHL.tv is now included with ESPN+ so no additional fees ..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ok, I haven't kept up with all the changes in the NHL TV rights ...
Can I still watch 90% of my hockey teams game on thier RSN, or is that no longer ?
If its no longer needed then I have no need for my local RSN any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)