NHL Hockey 2009-10 Season

Was the same out here in Central PA, man....

A buddy of mine in VA went ballistic and called in. They gave him a bunch of blackout BS (they couldn't quite grasp the concept that he lives about 3000 miles from Anaheim and over 200 from Philly). They stuck to their guns that it was blacked out because of his location. Before calling in he called DISH to verify that they had the game on and he would not be blacked out. He told the Dtv CSR this...nothing. Since he no longer subs to Sunday Ticket he told them to cancel his account immediately. Hung up, called DISH and had them come out to do an install asap. Wish I could do the same but I can't give up Sunday Ticket.

I'm being blacked out again tonight even though the game is on NESN and NHLN. I'm beyond pissed. I've not had any blackout problems with Flyers games in all the time I've subbed to CI (over 10 yrs). I don't think I've ever been blacked out of a Flyers-Bruins game.

I'm gonna give this another 5 or 6 Flyers games to see if I truly seem to be in a blackout area or if this is just a bad run of games where somehow Comcast is interfering. So far I've missed 50% of Flyers games. Center Ice is in no way worth it if I miss half the season. If this keeps up I will be calling in for a full refund because this is a bunch of bs.

Blacked out on the Jersey Shore as well. This is the New York DMA, not Philly. We've also been blacked out of Penguin games in the past...Pittsburgh is six hours away.

It's only the NHL Network games, other blackouts work properly. They have their zip codes messed up.

Sandra

These blackouts are so mucked up now a days that's for sure.I remember back in the late 80s and early 90s , we got Hartford Whalers games here in Monmouth County all the time patched on on the local channel when they were not broadcasting. (forerunner of CN8).

The NHLN must be using the blackout list that Comcast Cable in our area uses.Comcast does black out the Flyers on CI.That's why I switched to DirecTv in 1999.
Hey don't they have a stake in the NHLN ??

The NHLN must be using the blackout list that Comcast Cable in our area uses.Comcast does black out the Flyers on CI.That's why I switched to DirecTv in 1999.
Hey don't they have a stake in the NHLN ??
Makes ya wonder...cause they surely aren't using the blackout areas that CI uses. Way to piss off existing fans, Mr. Bettman. You're doing a bang-up job. First the shootout and now this blackout bs. And all the hockey powers that be, wonder why they can't make the game more attractive to the non-fan. :rolleyes:

DTV has answered a couple of my emails....first blaming it on their inability to broadcast Versus. When I corrected them that last night's game was on NESN and NHLN, they threw it back on Comcast. I've corrected them once more to again stress that I was blacked out from NHLN....no answer so far.

We'll see how it goes....there are only 7 Flyers games left on Versus, who knows how many on NHLN. I'll assume I won't be able to see any of those.....if the rest start getting blacked out for me, then I'll definitely be calling in looking for a refund. Center Ice is no good to me if I can't watch the Flyers.

That is true if your in the Philly area yes.Center Ice does NOT get you any additional coverege of your team.
Yep and DTV notes that on their sports premium pages. Says they're meant for out of area teams not your local. I don't have a problem with that because I've never been considered to be in the Philly market...and still am not going by the zip code checker.

If I were a Pens or Craps fan I'd be happy as he'll because I'd get their games since I'm in those markets....and would save money since I wouldn't need CI.

I'm southwest of Harrisburg and up until maybe a year ago or less CSN8 wasn't offered on local cable. Comcast bought the local cableco maybe 4 or 5 years ago but didn't offer CSN8 right away. Our local cableco always had HTS which is now MASN or Comcast Midatlantic, I forget which.

The really funny thing is that i've seen Philly comcast feeds on the Balt/wash comcast channel on directv.

Yep and DTV notes that on their sports premium pages. Says they're meant for out of area teams not your local. I don't have a problem with that because I've never been considered to be in the Philly market...and still am not going by the zip code checker.

If I were a Pens or Craps fan I'd be happy as he'll because I'd get their games since I'm in those markets....and would save money since I wouldn't need CI.

I'm southwest of Harrisburg and up until maybe a year ago or less CSN8 wasn't offered on local cable. Comcast bought the local cableco maybe 4 or 5 years ago but didn't offer CSN8 right away. Our local cableco always had HTS which is now MASN or Comcast Midatlantic, I forget which.

The really funny thing is that i've seen Philly comcast feeds on the Balt/wash comcast channel on directv.

Yeah it's called "NHL Extra" which FSN-Bay Area and CSN-Northwest show games from other Comcast Sportnet regional networks.

I just spun the CSR roulette wheel and got a CSR who was on his game.I now got 3 preminums for only $19.99 for 6 months (Starz,Showtimes & Sports Pack).And before I hung up , I mentioned that I heard that disgruntled CI subscribers were receiving a break on the season subscrition price.He gave me $50.00 off as a 1 time deal.The last CSR I spoke with a few weeks ago knew nothing about it.

He also said that they are still in negotions on the Versus fiasco. I thought they broke it off permanently ?

Hockey Nigh In Canada?

It looks like HNIC is moving off of NHL Network. I don't like this move because it makes it more difficult to record when its on CI. If they're gonna do this, at least designate HNIC to 1 channel and publicize it.

I also think that CI should catch up to Sunday Ticket and have a Mix channel.

I just spun the CSR roulette wheel and got a CSR who was on his game.I now got 3 preminums for only $19.99 for 6 months (Starz,Showtimes & Sports Pack).And before I hung up , I mentioned that I heard that disgruntled CI subscribers were receiving a break on the season subscrition price.He gave me $50.00 off as a 1 time deal.The last CSR I spoke with a few weeks ago knew nothing about it.

He also said that they are still in negotions on the Versus fiasco. I thought they broke it off permanently ?

LOL I got my father CI for free

NHL network is only showing the early HNIC games this season, write to them and express your displeasure!!! I have about 200 times now.

The NHLN Flyers game the other night was blacked here out on Comcast Cable too.
Is Comcast supplying them with the zipcodes to blackout ? They do have a stake in the NHLN do they not ?

Rain fade here too during the 2nd Flyers goal too !

What a game in Ottawa tonight!

The Bruins scored two goals in the final 1:28 of regulation to tie the Sens at 3.

The game just went into a shootout.

NHL network is only showing the early HNIC games this season, write to them and express your displeasure!!! I have about 200 times now.

I have also emailed them and asked why in the world would they not show the late games. There are a few Saturdays when they are not showing any games.

The NHL needs to get HD transmission agreements in place with all the RSN's, Canadian and US so we get every game in HD on Center Ice.

Leafs now have their worst start in history, although they played a good game. Louongo played better...

A sad note for you Ranger's fans, Bill the "BIG Whistle" Chadwick died today at age 94.He and Jim Gordon were the 1st NHL voices that I had heard.My brother & I used to listen to them on the AM dial after we went to bed.He was one of the only things that I have ever liked about the New York Rangers.I can still hear "Jim Gordon & Bill Chadwick back at Madison Square Garden" after they came back from the break.A sad loss for all hockey fans.

NHL icon Bill Chadwick dies at 94 - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)