NHL Network - Actual Discussion

In reply to another post, I do have NBATV, but you can only get it through the everything or sports packages.

I wish to thank the person who started this thread, I have been trying to follow the developments regarding NHL Network, but that other thread became a waste of my time. This news has made my day and I look forward to the launch.

According to who? Mojo....:rolleyes:

No, I think he said it himself and somebody that spoke that language filled us in on the meaning! :D

Does anybody know of any actual date or estimated time of an uplink on this network other than just "sometime in October"?

Cade

from that article (for those to lazy to read it all):D

Dish Network spokesperson Melissa Morris said the satellite company has targeted Oct. 17 as its initial availability date, but with a caveat. It will only be available in high definition, so customers that don't have HDTV will have to upgrade their equipment and programming package.

from that article (for those to lazy to read it all):D

Dish Network spokesperson Melissa Morris said the satellite company has targeted Oct. 17 as its initial availability date, but with a caveat. It will only be available in high definition, so customers that don't have HDTV will have to upgrade their equipment and programming package.

Great find. I posted this in the E* HD section and gave you & plumfam4 credit.

Great find. I posted this in the E* HD section and gave you & plumfam4 credit.

thanks but plumfam4 did all the work... tho i guess i did read! actually, i put "NHL Network" on a google alert weeks ago! yesterday and today there was a lot of chatter, as one would expect. heck, it was even in the Chicago Tribune this AM - and i'm not sure they even know what hockey is...

Typical TWC Attitude

Those of you with Time Warner Cable that have also found this thread might also find this interesting... As many of the other stories have, this one also states that it can be expected on DISH (as well as other carriers) by the end of the month.

TWC seeking room for NHL Network - Business First of Buffalo:

Cade

That article is so typical of the Cable Industry. My son whom just got back from iraq, had TWC installed with HD, three weeks ago. His HD receiver was defective and they told him two weeks to get a new one. Wednesday, Dish is coming to do his install after he uses my club dish card.:)

Somehow I think there will eventually be an SD feed, considering how little bandwidth it uses I dont understand what the drawback would be.

You could always get an HD receiver. It will downconvert to SD. I'm not sure if this will be part of the HD package or with center ice. This info would be nice.. personally, i'm covered either way.

I have a feel before long like next season the only way to get CI and NBA LP will be if you have a mpeg4 so E* can start pushing people to mpeg4.

But the NHL Network in HD 24/7 hoooray :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)