NHL Network - Actual Discussion

Hopefully it will be here wed as it has previously been reported. Just for fun I tried checking the NHL Network tv schedule on nhl.com (since the US version is supposed to have different games than the canadian version), and it keeps returning an error message. It has been doing this all day. I'm hoping thats a big indication that a national carrier (DISH, hopefully) will be launching it very, very soon.

This is off topic and more of a Vs. question, but I was wondering if I just get the HD package would I be able to get Vs. in HD without getting the America 250 package? Or do I need to have the SD to get the HD? I'm thinking of dropping my SD package lower and adding HD. Also the same thing for the CI in HD, do I have to get the sports pack in SD or is it just included in the HD/CI package?

you have to get the 250 to get the HD Versus. re part two -the sports pack is not included with CI - HD or otherwise

you have to get the 250 to get the HD Versus. re part two -the sports pack is not included with CI - HD or otherwise

Thanks eddieras...What I meant to say for that second part is do I have to get the sports pack in SD to get the HD games that are on CI...lol

watching nhl network on channel 559 right now. theyre showing the TSN SD broadcast of panthers vs. canadiens. It is an HD channel and even though it's the SD game, it looks much better than the SD center ice channels, especially if you're used to those horrible looking canadian feeds on CI. :up

there's no programming info on the guide and there's no nhl network US web site that I know of. Any way to know what the schedule for this channel is?

Funny how you can always count on the NHL to do things backwards.

watching nhl network on channel 559 right now. theyre showing the TSN SD broadcast of panthers vs. canadiens. It is an HD channel and even though it's the SD game, it looks much better than the SD center ice channels, especially if you're used to those horrible looking canadian feeds on CI. :up

Darn!!...They must have just turned that on like after 12:30 pm est. I was home at lunch and looked for it, but it wasn't there. But am thrilled to here it is there now for tonight!

What are you talking about in regards to the Canadian feeds I think that they are as good and in some cases better than the American.
Also the Canadian broadcasters at least know hockey and they can follow the play MUCH better than the American stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)