NHL Network - Actual Discussion

What are you talking about in regards to the Canadian feeds I think that they are as good and in some cases better than the American.
Also the Canadian broadcasters at least know hockey and they can follow the play MUCH better than the American stations.

I never mentioned anything about the broadcaster's quality or knowledge so I won't argue your latter point. The PQ of the canadian SD feeds on CI have been some of the worst i've ever seen. There are some RSN that are worse, like MSG and NESN, but most are better than the canadian ones from TSN, RDS, etc.

Some CBC feeds are ok. Really, all the SD channels should look better than they do, but that's for another discussion.

The NHL Net channel is HD only on E*.

It appears that they are not showing anything different than the NHL NET Canada channel, so while the rumor is that the game schedule will be different in the US, that doesnt seem to be the case right now.

Edit: I just saw the ticker on this channel announce an HD game buffalo vs. florida 10/26. I don't see that game on the NHLN-CA schedule so they may be changing the programming soon even though they went live with the canadian version for now.

Yeah it must be HD only because it's not on my tv. This sucks! I have the crappy NBATV in SD but NO NHLTV in SD. Thanks a lot Dish..:mad:

Yeah it must be HD only because it's not on my tv. This sucks! I have the crappy NBATV in SD but NO NHLTV in SD. Thanks a lot Dish..:mad:

Considering 99.9% of the programming is SD, it really doesnt make any sense to not have an SD version.

I guess it's E*'s way of getting NHL fans to upgrade to HD service. :eureka

I already have HD service, but if I didn't already, I'd be ordering it right now just for NHLN. The strategy wouldve worked with me at least. I've been suckered before :eek:

I thought there were going to be some live games on NHLN. I actually made the effort to look out all 9 days in the guide and I don't see any.

I assume the game that the Canadian network has listed for tonight (Predators/Ducks) isn't on either? Bummer

I like the channel but the banner at the bottom is annoying, it's like I am watching ESPN with the same thing scrolling over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and OVER GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I thought there were going to be some live games on NHLN. I actually made the effort to look out all 9 days in the guide and I don't see any.

It appears as the games are only on the NHL channel 559. As you remember there were 2 NHL channels uplinked. Channel 403 is the regular programming and the games are on 559 and available to CI subscribers only. At least that is the way it appears now. Bummer as I don't subscribe to CI but would like the extra games in HD.

Well if you've been watching all night you would have seen that Buffalo @ Florida is on NHL Network October 26th for the 1,235th time tonight. NHL network is mirrored on both 403 and 559. Just like NBA TV is mirrored on 402 and 560, 402 and 403 have the 24 hour program info and 559 and 560 will only show listings for live games.

NHL Network is on channels

403 for AT250+HD and higher (Guessing)

559 for Center Ice Subscribers.

I have AEP+HD and can see channel 403. Channel 559 is locked out.

See ya
Tony

You don't need AT250. I have AT200+HD and see it on 403.

I wonder how long this will last. It may be a free preview because in previous press releases, they stated it would be available only on sports tiers or Everything pack. I do hope that has changed.

I'm bummed I can't get it just because I have an SD TV. Are there no plans to make it available to people with SD TVs?

you can still get it with a SDTV.....you just need a HDTV capable receiver (222,211,622,722) and sub to HD channels .

Personally I hope this becomes a trend for new channels. Only add an HD channel and forget an SD version...waste of bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts