NHL Network - Actual Discussion

Sorry, I was guessing where it would be AFTER the free preview which ends on Halloween.

See ya
Tony

you guessed wrong

it's available to all levels of DishHD

there is no free preview, you're getting confused with the nhl network CA website

there currently is no NHL Network US Website

Heres a question. My dad doesn't have HD, but desperately wants the NHL Network. He isn't planning on getting a HD set for at least a year (possibly next hockey season). Now, if he gets the VIP622 will he be able to get the NHL Network without getting the HD package? He does have center ice and if I read the press release correctly, the NHL Network is included with the CI package. He can't see paying for the HD package if he doesn't have the HD package (even though he'll get the HD package free for 6 months w/dish'n it up).

we'll without the hd pack you pay a $6 fee

the whole included in ci and hd pack seems silly

i doubt there's many people who have hd, nhl ci, and not the hd pack

Personally I hope this becomes a trend for new channels. Only add an HD channel and forget an SD version...waste of bandwidth.

I'm surprised NHL Network's NOC hasn't processed the HD feed into a SD feed and send it out to DBS/cable that way for adding into packages of SD channels (so SD would be available to the masses and HD to those who pay the HD premium on each pay-tv system).

there is an SD channel, dish is just not carrying it

For some reason they only want to offer the channel to HD subscribers

Heres a question. My dad doesn't have HD, but desperately wants the NHL Network. He isn't planning on getting a HD set for at least a year (possibly next hockey season). Now, if he gets the VIP622 will he be able to get the NHL Network without getting the HD package? He does have center ice and if I read the press release correctly, the NHL Network is included with the CI package. He can't see paying for the HD package if he doesn't have the HD package (even though he'll get the HD package free for 6 months w/dish'n it up).

Is this saying that if I get a HD receiver, but don't have a HD television and don't subscribe to the HD package I could get the NHL Network? Right now I have a SD television, the Dish Family pack, and NHL Center Ice? If I'm right, I'll upgrade to a HD receiver right away just to get the channel. I have the dish for 61.5.

A dish HD receiver can send a standard definition picture of all SD and HD channels you receive to your regular TV.
(that is the end of that thought. The rest of this comment has nothing to do with this first part)

To receive HD channels on a Dish HD receiver you must subscribe to the HD channel or at least proper package. In this case NHL Network requires either AT100+HD or NHL Center Ice with the HD enabling fee of $6 a month.

Does that help?

See ya
Tony

So does anyone think that Dish will add a SD feed of NHL Network? I read on another forum somewhere (maybe this one) that Directv will be adding a SD feed in 2008? Does anyone think Dish will follow suit? Or are they going to force us to get a HD receiver?

I dont' see a reason they wouldn't. IMO, that channel is not enough to draw a bunch of fans to a HD package. They'll get the ones willing to switch by offering more HD games on CI.

I dont' see a reason they wouldn't. IMO, that channel is not enough to draw a bunch of fans to a HD package. They'll get the ones willing to switch by offering more HD games on CI.

I can't agree more. BTW the HD feed on the NHL Network is quite good. Almost makes me wonder, why did I get the NHL CI Package, only to have to watch many games in SD, when I could have just watched NHL on the Fly Final each night.

Am I missing something? I have been watching this channel for a week now on like 559 just above NHL CI and it says HD. However, none of the content has been HD, instead it is all shown with the bars on the sides..I realize the 1992 playoff games may not be HD, but when they are showing me the nights highlights, I would expect those in HD since I know I watched the game in HD...what gives, am I on the wrong channel, which then also means Dish is giving me the wrong info by putting the HD on the guide for the channel.

And the NHL network seems to continue overkilling the banner at the bottom of the screen telling us Buffalo/Florida is oct 26th, new RBK jersey's are in and you are watching the NHL Network OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)