NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will get it? Anybody who has Center Ice? If you get Center Ice do you get it regardless of which programming package you have?

I'd like to know why the heck is versus and nhl net showing the same game? is the VS game the usual lame SD "bonus coverage" of the nhl net game? Will it be in HD on nhl net? I will only be "quite pleased" if the nhl net game is indeed in HD.

TBS HD would also be nice. I'm not a big MLB fan (obviously, I have E*) but I do get into the playoffs once in a while and seeing it in HD would be cool.:up

Who will get it? Anybody who has Center Ice? If you get Center Ice do you get it regardless of which programming package you have?

Initially, it will be available to everybody -- much like the Big Ten Network. Eventually, they'd like it to be the AT250 much like the NBA Network. That has yet to be officially determined -- What is known is that you won't HAVE to HAVE Center Ice in order to receive the network.

Initially, it will be available to everybody -- much like the Big Ten Network. Eventually, they'd like it to be the AT250 much like the NBA Network. That has yet to be officially determined -- What is known is that you won't HAVE to HAVE Center Ice in order to receive the network.

I get a lower level of programming to save the money so that I can afford Center Ice. That is why I would rather it come with Center Ice rather than come with a certain level of programming.

I'll be glad to get it now, though!

I get a lower level of programming to save the money so that I can afford Center Ice. That is why I would rather it come with Center Ice rather than come with a certain level of programming.

I'll be glad to get it now, though!

Don't worry! It will be part of Center Ice much like the NBA Network is part of the NBA package. Now what good would it be if you were to order Center Ice and not even get the NHL network? I simply stated that a person would not HAVE to order Center Ice to receive it -- meaning it will be in another package.

I also wanted to state that, per my source, they will probably begin negotiating to bring at least one of the Rogers SportsNet Networks to the states. My guess is Ontario. I think it would be available to you people in northern communities (toward the border) or to those who mite confider a move.

No uplink yet, Digiblur and goaliebob are monitoring :)

This makes me want to just go home and watch my program guide I mean I can't tell you how excited I am for a change. It's been a downhill spiral since Mojo passed on but I'm telling you I'm about ready to jump out of this window I'm sitting next to I'm so happy.

I see the NHL HD channels on my guide as of 1:16pm EST!!

no info available on them yet. but it's a good start.

NHL center ice extra channel is also live as of NOON EST today on channel 543.

I see the NHL HD channels on my guide as of 1:16pm EST!!

no info available on them yet. but it's a good start.

What package do you have? AT100, AT100+, AT200, etc...

I sure hope this network becomes available on SD as well.

Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question (and can fit in this discussion), but here goes: Is there any kind of component that I can purchase that would enable me to turn a SD television signal into HD? My TV is about a 1995 - 1997 Zenith 32" standard definition television. I'd like to upgrade to HD but cannot actually afford an HD television set at the moment.

What package do you have? AT100, AT100+, AT200, etc...

I sure hope this network becomes available on SD as well.

Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a question (and can fit in this discussion), but here goes: Is there any kind of component that I can purchase that would enable me to turn a SD television signal into HD? My TV is about a 1995 - 1997 Zenith 32" standard definition television. I'd like to upgrade to HD but cannot actually afford an HD television set at the moment.

To clarify, the NHLHD channels that they are talking about are the HD games that will be offered by the NHL Center Ice package.....NOT the NHL network. Still no word on the NHL Network.

And about converting SD to HD...there is no point. The HD channel will not look any different on your SD TV. In some cases you'd lose part of the left/right frame and other times it would be smooshed. If you don't have an HDTV, I don't suggest buying any HD programming.

For the other Hurricanes fans on this board, tonight's opener vs Montreal will be on CI after all. Still the French feed. I don't understand french but have really enjoyed their feed in the past. Especially when they get pissed off as Carolina kicks their tails.

For the other Hurricanes fans on this board, tonight's opener vs Montreal will be on CI after all. Still the French feed. I don't understand french but have really enjoyed their feed in the past. Especially when they get pissed off as Carolina kicks their tails.

Me too!

Only thing is I'm blacked-out... :(

Cade

To clarify, the NHLHD channels that they are talking about are the HD games that will be offered by the NHL Center Ice package.....NOT the NHL network. Still no word on the NHL Network.

And about converting SD to HD...there is no point. The HD channel will not look any different on your SD TV. In some cases you'd lose part of the left/right frame and other times it would be smooshed. If you don't have an HDTV, I don't suggest buying any HD programming.

Thanks for the clarification on both points. Sorry about the mix-up on the NHL Network question...

Cade

If you have a DVR, I suggest tuning into the radio feed (NHL.com - Radio). Then sync up the video with the radio feed.

I've done this a few times when I couldn't stand the VS or other teams announcers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts