NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called Dish and they had no clue what the heck I was talking about.

Do they ever? I asked an online rep today about NHL Network and he kept saving we already offer NHL Center Ice. I kept saying I know that, but this is a seperate network. He kept saying the same thing. They really don't know what's going on...:what

The following website has a list of all dish network channels, and which satellite the channels come off:

EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

It shows the following for NHL network:

Channel: NHL Network HD
EPG: NHLN
Channel#: 403
TP: 13
Satellite: E*3
TP: 6
Satellite: E*5

Since I do not have an LNB for 129, I would not be able to pickup that signal. However, I do have a dish pointed at 61.5, so I am still hopeful!

I guess I do not understand when a channel shows 2 different satellites how that works.

It appears it is HD, so not sure if I would get this channel? I am hoping when it goes live they include it with the free NHL Center Ice preview.

Channel 403 does not show up in my channel list yet though.

Update: Oh, I see on page 3 there was already a listing showing the channel at 403 and 559. My bad!

Last edited:
I am now hearing it wont show up until Wednesday.

I am wondering if they postponed the launch last night as it was not on ExpressVu eaither.

Wednesday is NHL Networks first HD game.

According to Sports Business Journal, the deal is imminent among the major carriers:

SportsBusinessJournal.com

Excerpt:

The launch of the NHL’s long-planned U.S. network is imminent, as carriage deals with the largest cable and satellite operators are virtually complete.

A deal with cable operators would place the NHL Network on sports tiers, according to cable executives close to the negotiations. That means the network would be available to an undetermined number of subscribers as soon as this week for the start of the hockey season.
The biggest cable and satellite providers already started offering the current season of the NHL’s out-of-market package, NHL Center Ice, last week, with an early bird price of $149 through Oct. 9 for a full season. Afterward, it will be available for $169.

Center Ice has been available to both cable and satellite operators for the past several years, and this year’s deal is good news for the NHL Network, since the NHL has been looking to follow Major League Baseball’s model by tying carriage of its channel to carriage of its out-of-market package.

Sources with the three biggest cable operators, Comcast, Time Warner and Cox, as well as satellite operator DirecTV say they are still negotiating to carry the network, and expect to complete a deal soon. EchoStar wasn’t available for comment, though it appears likely that Dish Network is close to a deal, as well, since its customer service representatives were selling the NHL Center Ice package last week.

Anyone check NHL Center Ice Channel Guide Today?

I was just home at lunch time and was searching the EPG under center ice for wednesday and came upon an interesting item. I don't remember the channel for sure...I wanna say 548; but one of the unused center ice channels for Wednesday came up with the description no information available on wednesday afternoon, while all the others state "nhl center ice". Is that perhaps our NHL Network Channel?

I was just home at lunch time and was searching the EPG under center ice for wednesday and came upon an interesting item. I don't remember the channel for sure...I wanna say 548; but one of the unused center ice channels for Wednesday came up with the description no information available on wednesday afternoon, while all the others state "nhl center ice". Is that perhaps our NHL Network Channel?

Well, I don't know if it's the same as with Time Warner, but when I was a sub of theirs and had the NHL CI package, one of the channels was reserved strictly for stats and schedule. I think that is what the channel could be, or you could be right.

Well, I don't know if it's the same as with Time Warner, but when I was a sub of theirs and had the NHL CI package, one of the channels was reserved strictly for stats and schedule. I think that is what the channel could be, or you could be right.

E* had that last year also, but it was usually the very first channel on the CI offering. They called it Center Ice Extra last year.

Islandguy,

Center Ice Extra is NOT the NHL Network. Center Ice Extra was only on for about 10-13 hours per day and all it is a static channel showing low end Computer Graphics with Stats.

The NHL Network is 24/7 Network that has NHL Coachs' press conferences, "Sportscenter" like Highlights from around the League and select NHL Games. This network is like the NFL Network only for Hockey.

I really hope we get this as all Hockey fans know, the current status of NHL News and highlights is abysmal on ESPN as well as any other National Network Channel.

NHL Network has been assigned a Dish Network Channel number (403), it has been assigned a remapped Channel Number (559), Which is the next Channel after all of the NHL Center Ice Feeds.

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)