NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bout the confusion, I was referring to the CAR/MON game.Don't want to cross wires on ya;)

It wasn't suppose to be in HD anyway...We don't get RDS in the states. On a side note, what kind of camera's do RDS use. It looks like I'm watching a game from the 80's.

There is something strange going on.

This channel was supposed to be ON Dish Network, DirecTV, Cox and Comcast. Yes around here none of these providers have it running yet.

I find that odd.

Didnt you read what the guy "in the know" said? should be up in 10 mins.

Re: the car/mont game, it's not only NOT in HD but it's such bad PQ on the SD feed that I can't even read the graphics on my 57" screen, even if it was in english.

I see VS is doing the studio show in HD this year. About time.

Didnt you read what the guy "in the know" said? should be up in 10 mins.

Re: the car/mont game, it's not only NOT in HD but it's such bad PQ on the SD feed that I can't even read the graphics on my 57" screen, even if it was in english.

I see VS is doing the studio show in HD this year. About time.

I have trouble believing that guy is in the "real know"! My guess is Scott's connections are a wee bit better than his.
I see Scott is like E.F. Hutton, this guy sounds like...well, you get my point!

Nothing on direct yet..however, i am immensely enjoying the games tonight...its been too long since last June! I was so hoping to get home tonight and be able to watch nhl network. I am not even going to bother contacting direct about this yet, cause I know I will just a get a runaround.

NHL Network a few night has 2 games at the same time, wonder if we will need an alternate feed now UGHHHHH. NHL.com doesn't even have HD info for the games yet.

I have trouble believing that guy is in the "real know"! My guess is Scott's connections are a wee bit better than his.
I see Scott is like E.F. Hutton, this guy sounds like...well, you get my point!

Exactly! I'll take my chances with Scott or Iceberg or somebody. That guy that's "in the know" has proven to be wrong on more than one occasion! :D

Well, I did enjoy the two games I saw on Center Ice. In fact, I am a new subscriber of that package as of tonight. Tough for the Maple Leafs, though -- Looks like it's going to be another one of those seasons. :(

Cade

NO HD on CI

The frustrating part is, that TSN was announcing throughout the entire game, they were broadcasting in HD. On a side note, their SD feed is like the difference between day and night of the SD feeds of msg.

So where is our NHL Network???:mad:

NHL.com doesn't even have HD info for the games yet.

That's because there is NO NHL Network HD.

TSN only has 1 HD studio, 1 HD server and 1 HD uplink; they use it exclusively for the main TSN feed - they don't even have a HD version of the TSN Alt channel

While the US version of NHL network will feature many of the shows from the Canadian version, it is NOT broadcast by TSN. The US version is from Comcast, based out of Wash DC. TSN's HD capability play no factor in the US version of the NHL Network.

I am going to call the NHL today for the story.

According to calls to my local COX and COMCAST offices today I was told that the launch of NHL Network has been delayed.

Of course Dish and DirecTV reps have no idea what the NHL Network is.

There has a to be a reason why it has not launched yet, especially since I KNOW that the channel has been up and in testing on both services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)