NHL Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

btharner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I still live in the SD world. Anyway, I was flipping through the channels and found NHL Network on 403 for the first time today. Since I was expecting this eleven months ago and was severely disappointed to find out it was added only as a HD channel, I need to ask if I have finally been blessed with NHLN or is this just a free preview to get me to upgrade to HD?

You have to have the sports pack to get it. Do you have that?
Since when do you have to have the sports pack?
I thought that the NHL network came at the AT100 level.
I know it comes with the Center Ice package but I can't get at 403 either I can get at 625 and it is up in the 9000s too in HD.

Just got this from Dish online chat:

Jerry D: I am sorry, but the SD version of the NHL channel is only available in the America's everything pack.
Jerry D: Or, you could subscribe to the multi sports pack for $5.99 per month to receive that channel.
Me: So I can get the HD version on my VIP622 but not the SD version on my non-HD receivers?
Jerry D: Not unless you subscribe to the America's Everything Pack or the Multi Sports Pack.
Me: That makes no sense!
Jerry D: I am sorry, but that is the way that particular channel is included.

:confused:

Just got this from Dish online chat:

Jerry D: I am sorry, but the SD version of the NHL channel is only available in the America's everything pack.
Jerry D: Or, you could subscribe to the multi sports pack for $5.99 per month to receive that channel.
Me: So I can get the HD version on my VIP622 but not the SD version on my non-HD receivers?
Jerry D: Not unless you subscribe to the America's Everything Pack or the Multi Sports Pack.
Me: That makes no sense!
Jerry D: I am sorry, but that is the way that particular channel is included.

:confused:

I agree that is screwy and not right,IMO.

Try channel 625 and see what you get.

625 only works if you are a Center Ice sub.

I see from a previous post that NHL Network is indeed in the sports pack and as one of the other posters it sucks.
But since I do get CI I guess it doesn't matter to me.

I see from a previous post that NHL Network is indeed in the sports pack and as one of the other posters it sucks.
But since I do get CI I guess it doesn't matter to me.

thanks for the confirmation. I saw an item in the EKB that 403 was added to AT100 or higher and then tried to pull it up on the 625 with no luck. I was thinking I might try watching hockey during the winter as a time waster after MLB WS until MLB spring training but that won't be the case.

I guess the NHL found another way to turn away possible new fans from their sport (put national games on VS., launch NHL Network to those who subscribe to CI or have the sports pack and not to the masses, etc). No wonder it's about the 100th most popular sport in the U.S. right now.

thanks for the confirmation. I saw an item in the EKB that 403 was added to AT100 or higher and then tried to pull it up on the 625 with no luck. I was thinking I might try watching hockey during the winter as a time waster after MLB WS until MLB spring training but that won't be the case.

I guess the NHL found another way to turn away possible new fans from their sport (put national games on VS., launch NHL Network to those who subscribe to CI or have the sports pack and not to the masses, etc). No wonder it's about the 100th most popular sport in the U.S. right now.

Vs coverage is actually is actually better than ESPN's coverage when they carried, and Dishnet decides where the placement of the nhl network goes.

Furthermore, I could care less if you as a fringe fan watch it or not, because that leaves more tickets available for us the real fans.:D

I guess Charlie found another way to turn away possible new fans from their sport (put national games on VS., launch NHL Network to those who subscribe to CI or have the sports pack and not to the masses, etc). No wonder it's about the 100th most popular sport in the U.S. right now.
Fixed your post. It has nothing to do with the NHL. Dish decides what package they put channels in. That was part of the reason Dish didn't have Versus (OLN) for the first season they carried hockey. Versus wanted to redo their carriage agreement to have Versus in the basic package (or similar) and Dish said no. There was nothing the NHL could do, besides wave a big stick at Dish and tell all of us who complained that they are encouraging Dish and Versus to solve the problem or switch to another carrier.

That being said . . . FYI -- NHL Network is carrying the prospect tournament games this coming week. After a long summer it will be nice to see hockey again!!!

Vs coverage is actually is actually better than ESPN's coverage when they carried, and Dishnet decides where the placement of the nhl network goes.

Furthermore, I could care less if you as a fringe fan watch it or not, because that leaves more tickets available for us the real fans.:D

Remember when FOX had it with the big color changing dot with trails over the puck. That was the worst.

Most people who like sports, but do not like hockey do not know the basic rules and game strategies. About a decade ago my basketball fanatic boss said he could not stand to watch hockey because it was low scoring and boring. I explained to him the basic rules, such as boarding, two line offside pass, offside,... And the strategy involved in line changes and player match ups. At that time Scotty Bowman was coaching the phenomenal Penguins. I pointed him in that direction. The next day he was completely hooked on the game. He said that he was watching more hockey than basketball. During one of the playoff games the Penguins went in to triple OT. After the second I went to bed because I had to go to work the next. Bossman comes strolling in around noon telling anyone that listen about the game. He said in the future hockey trumps work and it is better to come in late than miss a great game.

On the Scotty Bowman front, he is now my neigbor. I see him reguraly. He is really a great guy. Drives around in a 50s vintage red and white Glass Top with three huge Stanley Cup stickers on the rear. Get the connection? Red and white - Red Wings - 3 Stanely Cups victories. He waves at anybody who notices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts