NHL Season 2013-14

The 2nd and 3rd place teams play one another sounds like a stupid idea, knocking your own division teams out right away ?

Who thought of this idea ?

The penguin wannabe in NYC

Anyone know the max amount of face palms I can use before I crash the site?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So last night, The leafs beat the flames so they get 2 points and Columbus loses in OT so they get 1 point. Red Wings gotta beat the Bruins tonight!

Current Standings:

7th: Red Wings
8th: Blue Jackets
9th: Maple Leafs
10th: Capitals
11th: Devils

I feel for ya, I still remember those years in the early to late 2000s when CBC only aired the Leafs in this market...
Hence the rise of RDS

I feel for ya, I still remember those years in the early to late 2000s when CBC only aired the Leafs in this market...
Hence the rise of RDS
It's not really me that I'm concerned for, it's the Red Wings fans in Windsor that really get screwed because they don't have access to FS Detroit because it's an American RSN. They'll have to rely on NHL Gamecenter, Center Ice or radio for games that are not on TSN, CBC or even RDS.

This season there have been only 6 games on CBC with 2 of them getting regional coverage outside of Windsor so they really only get 4 games from CBC. (I guess the other 2 could be streamed on cbcsports.ca) Add 2 games on NHL Network Canada, 8 games on TSN and 7 games on TSN2 and Windsor only gets 21 Red Wings games in English on TV without having to rely on Gamecenter or Center Ice. Only 13 Red Wings games are in French on RDS and RDS2.

At least next year with the new Rogers contract, there's more channels available to show more games so hopefully they'll show more Red Wings games on Canadian TV.

Last edited:
GREAT game last night! It definitely had a playoff feel to it.

Well, let's just say the Wings aren't in the same tier as Boston right now...but I like our rookies (from a talent level) along with how they're progressing. This team went from being one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest teams in the league almost overnight.

Well, let's just say the Wings aren't in the same tier as Boston right now...but I like our rookies (from a talent level) along with how they're progressing. This team went from being one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest teams in the league almost overnight.

Excellent analysis.

Red Wings are only 5 points out of 3rd place (Tampa).

It's probably too late to catch 3rd, but it's quite an accomplishment seeing they were all but dead a month ago.

Btw, they are ahead of 9th place (out of playoffs) by 4 points.

Locally it's nice to see a team that may not have all the talent in the world play some solid as a team. As we have the pistons who have some pieces just play embarrassing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts