NHL Season 2013-14

Wings score late to tie the game ....
With the Tie and OT coming up, the Detroit Red Wings have officially Made the playoffs for the 23rd year in a row. :)

Red Wings should have the lead as Flurey basically threw his stick while down, but they didn't give the Wings the goal.

Wings get screwed in the shootout and lose the game, but win in the long run as they make the playoffs.

THANK GOD THEY DON'T DO SHOOTOUTS IN THE PLAYOFFS ...

Great game tonight we will see you next week Detroit should be a great series. Hopefully Malkin is back for the Pens.

If Detroit stays in the 7th spot they will get the Pens.

If Detroit were in the opposite division, they would have a chance at 3rd place, instead of 7th ... at least third in the division ...

Thank you mr bettman ... :(

At the moment they would be tied for 6th using the old style standings, (Top 8 make it), but they are only 2 points out of 4th.

If Detroit stays in the 7th spot they will get the Pens.

If Detroit were in the opposite division, they would have a chance at 3rd place, instead of 7th ... at least third in the division ...

Thank you mr bettman ... :(

Blue Jackets beat the Stars and lock in a playoff spot. They also move into 7th place and are tied for 3rd in the metro.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Red Wings should have the lead as Flurey basically threw his stick while down, but they didn't give the Wings the goal.

Wings get screwed in the shootout and lose the game, but win in the long run as they make the playoffs.

THANK GOD THEY DON'T DO SHOOTOUTS IN THE PLAYOFFS ...

They are lucky to have even been in a shootout. They were gifted a goal that featured clear goaltender interference.

Pens get the win, wins get in the playoffs. Both win.

They are lucky to have even been in a shootout. They were gifted a goal that featured clear goaltender interference.

Pens get the win, wins get in the playoffs. Both win.

How about the LUCKY goal you got in the SO ....
Puck is poke checked and bounces off the stick and into the net ... :confused:

Blue Jackets beat the Stars and lock in a playoff spot. They also move into 7th place and are tied for 3rd in the metro.

Amazingly there are 3 teams tied with 91 points.
Columbus could actually make it to 3rd in thier division and solidify the playoffs with a higher seed ... Wings cannot do that, unless Tampa loses the rest of thier games, I guess that could happen, but unlikely.

Amazingly there are 3 teams tied with 91 points.
Columbus could actually make it to 3rd in thier division and solidify the playoffs with a higher seed ... Wings cannot do that, unless Tampa loses the rest of thier games, I guess that could happen, but unlikely.

Wings can only move up to 7th. The Lightning have the first tie breaker over the wings.

I am hoping for a 3rd place finish but I am just happy the made the playoffs. It was 5 years to the day that the jackets clinched their only playoff appearence.

Wings can only move up to 7th. The Lightning have the first tie breaker over the wings.

I am hoping for a 3rd place finish but I am just happy the made the playoffs. It was 5 years to the day that the jackets clinched their only playoff appearence.

I hadn't realized that TB had the tiebreaker ...

It's very doubtful they would have been able to catch them anyways, but from where this team was a month ago, to actually fighting for what would be 3rd place is amazing ... if there was another 2 weeks in the season I think they would have overtaken TB.

As it is they are 4 points back.

Last edited:
How about the LUCKY goal you got in the SO ....
Puck is poke checked and bounces off the stick and into the net ... :confused:

Lol no doubt there was plenty of luck involved with that. That's hockey though, you never know what's gonna happen. ;-)

Got to give it to them, wings roster today is different then the one on opening night

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

IF and thats a BIG IF the Wings happen to get Hendrik Zetterberg back for the playoffs, the team will have more experience going and a much better chance at getting somewhere in the playoffs...

One thing I usually look at when the Playoffs come ...

The 1st round, top teams vs lowest teams typically can be one of the toughest series of the year, as you have no idea what to expect, once you get past the 1st round things come closer into focus and you have a better series and a closer matched team, then the next round, you have the teams that are in the final rounds ... they go more as expected, often you have teams playing that know one another very well.

I guess I'm saying to know one in particular, Look out for the 1st round, anything can happen.

IF and thats a BIG IF the Wings happen to get Hendrik Zetterberg back for the playoffs, the team will have more experience going and a much better chance at getting somewhere in the playoffs...

One thing I usually look at when the Playoffs come ...

The 1st round, top teams vs lowest teams typically can be one of the toughest series of the year, as you have no idea what to expect, once you get past the 1st round things come closer into focus and you have a better series and a closer matched team, then the next round, you have the teams that are in the final rounds ... they go more as expected, often you have teams playing that know one another very well.

I guess I'm saying to know one in particular, Look out for the 1st round, anything can happen.

Without question, it's the most unpredictable first round in sports.

I hope Columbus gets the 7th spot.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I hope Philly gets the 7th spot. You just want Columbus because the Pens have always come out on to when the play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts