NHL Season 2013-14

Dude.. you're from MN. If there's ever an American bunch close to being Canadian, its you guys.

I mean the fact that you actually have hockey on network TV ;)
3 games a week (2 on CBC 1 on City) and if you're in Montreal or Ottawa you get a possible 4th on TVA

Last edited:
Meanwhile, TSN still has access to up to 26 Leafs games, over 60 Jets games, 3/4's of all the Habs games and RDS still has exclusive French-Language rights to Habs and Sens games.

correct. Except for RDS games the others are regional games (only available in the local area)

Not really. TSN is out (except for Jets regional coverage). TVA Sports gets 'minimum 22 Habs games' and any pick of national games for 3 nights a week. NHL and the Canadiens will decide soon how many games, if any, RDS gets. My buck says RDS will also be out completely.

I miss the 80s and mid 90s when, in Canada, CBC, TVA and SRC (French version of CBC) aired Habs games and TQS (Tele-Quatre Saison) aired Nordiques games.

Also, now that Quebecor (TVA parent company) is now in bed w/ the NHL, it only improves the odds that the Nordiques are coming back to Quebec via expension soon. Quebec City's new NHL caliber hockey rink is also under construction....all this a coincidence?

Nice to see the Wings big against Boston last night....wait, never mind...I was at the Palace watching the Pistons losing.

I find every time I turn the Wings on they end up losing ...

I think they have the record for most losses in OT, particularly a shoot out.

They really stink when it comes to SO's.

Also, now that Quebecor (TVA parent company) is now in bed w/ the NHL, it only improves the odds that the Nordiques are coming back to Quebec via expension soon. Quebec City's new NHL caliber hockey rink is also under construction....all this a coincidence?

They will probably move another team that doesn't do well in attendance. They already have too many teams in the NHL.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I find every time I turn the Wings on they end up losing ...

I think they have the record for most losses in OT, particularly a shoot out.

They really stink when it comes to SO's.

Last year I would have said "Then you should watch them more" but since they got moved east our rivalry will doubtless fizzle.

They will probably move another team that doesn't do well in attendance. They already have too many teams in the NHL. Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Doubt it.. relocating or contracting US teams will force Buttman to admit he made a mistake to begin with.
IMO, hockey has no place in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Arizona.

I remember in 2008 watching the Habs in Atlanta. As the puck dropped the Habs announcer said, "to the people at home, dont adjust your volumn as there is nothing wrong with the sound or your equipement. There's just no one here".

Last edited:
Doubt it.. relocating or contracting US teams will force Buttman to admit he made a mistake to begin with.

I say South of the Mason-Dixon line. Let then drive cars, NASCARs, in an endless circle around a track down there. BTW, auto-racing season is STILL Memorial Day through Labor Day and not January 1st through the end of November.

I remember in 2008 watching the Habs in Atlanta. As the puck dropped the Habs announcer said, "to the people at home, dont adjust your volumn as there is nothing wrong with the sound or your equipement. There's just no one here".

They already moved Atlanta to Winnipeg, I think one of the Florida teams or Nashville.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ohio has no problem supporting an NHL team. Put a winning product on the ice and they will sell out every night.

Ohio ?
Why not ?

Michigan is OK and Pennsylvania, but Ohio is not ?
Last I checked, Ohio was not in the South.

Hockey is not a popular sport in Ohio.

You have no idea what you are talking about with that statement.

Hockey is a very popular sport in Ohio to watch and participate in. Just in my city we have 6 public ice rinks that is full of leagues for all ages. They are even thinking of adding an additional rink as they are close to capacity on the others.

The issue with professional hockey is that they are also competing with the Penguins and Red Wings for fans. They start putting a winning team on the ice and the arena will be filled every night. Tis are is a huge sports market just waiting to come to life.

Last edited:
Wow! Although the years I played youth hockey with kids from Michigan, Ohio and Ontario...little did we know that we should kicked the Buckeye buggers off our teams, thrown them some cigarettes and chewin' tobaccy, and tell 'em to watch NASCAR. :rolleyes: (Lol)

You have no idea what you are talking about with that statement.

Hockey is a very popular sport in Ohio to watch and participate in. Just in my city we have 6 public ice rinks that is full of leagues for all ages. They are even thinking of adding an additional rink as they are close to capacity on the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts