NHL Season 2013-14

I like the shoot out, most people don't because their team isn't good at it.

Imo if there isn't a shoot out then get rid of the point system, just go with wins and losses just like every other sport.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I like the shoot out, most people don't because their team isn't good at it.

Imo if there isn't a shoot out then get rid of the point system, just go with wins and losses just like every other sport.

Agree on both points.

The tie sucks as to many teams just play for the one point.

Thats why you have to expand the OT time frame ....
The 5 minute thing is dumb, you barely get settled in and its over.

Go back to playing OT till a team wins .... that will eliminate the Ties and teams playing for a tie.

I don't mind when a team is trailing and they score to tie the game, at least they were trying.
What I don't like is when team go thru the motions knowing that a tie gets them a point.

Thats why you have to expand the OT time frame ....
The 5 minute thing is dumb, you barely get settled in and its over.

Go back to playing OT till a team wins .... that will eliminate the Ties and teams playing for a tie.

I don't mind when a team is trailing and they score to tie the game, at least they were trying.
What I don't like is when team go thru the motions knowing that a tie gets them a point.

And then everybody will complain about all the injuries that will come from playing so much more. Having them play an extra period or two will begin to kill teams over an 82 game schedule. Having a few of them in the playoffs is one thing but during the regular season is another. Could you also imagine playing a back to back game after the first went 5 periods. The players would have nothing left for the next game.

And then everybody will complain about all the injuries that will come from playing so much more. Having them play an extra period or two will begin to kill teams over an 82 game schedule. Having a few of them in the playoffs is one thing but during the regular season is another. Could you also imagine playing a back to back game after the first went 5 periods. The players would have nothing left for the next game.

They did it that way for the 1st thousand years.

They did it that way for the 1st thousand years.

Really the first thousand years? The first organized game was in 1875 (pre NHL) and overtime was eliminated in 1942 due to the war. The brought overtime back in in 1983 when the 5 minute period was introduced. You also have to remember that the game was no where as physical as it is today.

So remember that the modern era NHL has pretty much never had full length overtime period.

As of now there are more conditioning coach`s,trainers than ever!!...I do miss a game that ends in OT no matter how long it takes..Can we say that money has changed these rules?...OT going into the wee hrs affects scheduled programming!...Would like to see NHL on ESPN altho that would jack up the cable,sat bill for what is one of the most pricey network already......Go Canes!!!!

Really the first thousand years? The first organized game was in 1875 (pre NHL) and overtime was eliminated in 1942 due to the war. The brought overtime back in in 1983 when the 5 minute period was introduced. You also have to remember that the game was no where as physical as it is today.

So remember that the modern era NHL has pretty much never had full length overtime period.

I agree, overtime was never more then five minutes during the regular season in the modern era. At least the shoot out gives us a winner and that team two points plus the other team still gets a point for going into overtime.

Is a win win situation.

Take the helmets and visors off and the game will be much better.

I agree, overtime was never more then five minutes during the regular season in the modern era. At least the shoot out gives us a winner and that team two points plus the other team still gets a point for going into overtime.

Is a win win situation.

No, it's NOT a win win.

It's a "Oh Joy,. we can get another point if we play for a tie" HOW LAME.

Take the helmets and visors off and the game will be much better.

How would that make a better game? More concussions so the star players are out for week so months at a time. Yep that would sure make the game much better.

No, it's NOT a win win.

It's a "Oh Joy,. we can get another point if we play for a tie" HOW LAME.

How did you ever start liking hockey as the play for a tie has been in place most likely before you were born. Unless you were born prior to 1942 you have never seen it any other way. The idea of playing for a tie goes back to before there was a five minute overtime.

Is a win win situation.

In other words, how Anti-American! Sports is about one team enjoying the thrill of victory, while the other(s) suffering the bitter agony of defeat. This "we're both winners" horse-$7!T is for the birds IMO. The NHL should go back to the "tie" or award the OT loser nothing, zip, nil...."No Points for You!"

In other words, how Anti-American! Sports is about one team enjoying the thrill of victory, while the other(s) suffering the bitter agony of defeat. This "we're both winners" horse-$7!T is for the birds IMO. The NHL should go back to the "tie" or award the OT loser nothing, zip, nil...."No Points for You!"

Again just win lose record. I am fine with a loss if you lose in OT or the shoot out.

How would that make a better game? More concussions so the star players are out for week so months at a time. Yep that would sure make the game much better.

Nope ... rarely ever had the High Sticks and the hits to the head till the helmets came into play.
Once the helmets and to a higher degree the visors came, the stick work started to go higher and higher and more prevalent.

How did you ever start liking hockey as the play for a tie has been in place most likely before you were born. Unless you were born prior to 1942 you have never seen it any other way. The idea of playing for a tie goes back to before there was a five minute overtime.

I must be remembering PLAYOFF hockey then, the way it should ALL be played.

Again just win lose record. I am fine with a loss if you lose in OT or the shoot out.

Gotta get rid of the Glorified penalty shot to determine a game ...

That equates to determining a NFL game with a FG contest .... skip the rest of the team, Offense, Defense means nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts