NHL Season 2013-14

Was announced yesterday that Columbus will host the 2015 All-Star game. Can't wait until it comes around as we lost the one during the lockout. The wife and I will be attending all of the events, including skills competition and game. :D

Will that be thier first Full House, outside of Opening night ?

Will that be thier first Full House, outside of Opening night ?

No. There are not a lot of them but there are a few sell outs every year. All they need to do is put a consistent product on the ice and the fans will come. Enough of this forgetting how to play the game for weeks at a time.

As a Habs fan, it burns me that Halak was never given a fair shot to compete for the #1 job. In the 2005-2006 season, the Habs were in 12th with 10 games to go. Huet gets injured, and Halak goes 7-2 to bring the Habs to a "win and you're in" final game of the season against the Leafs. Huet gets the nod (just activated off IR). Habs lose 6-5. No Playoffs

4 years ago, because of the poor play of #1 Price, Halak carries the Habs to the conference finals (beating #1 Pittsburgh and #2 Washington).. after losing to Philly, his reward? A plane ticket to St-Louis because Price is "#1".

Check out these stats: in 231 career games, his worse season was a 2.89GAA. That alone is an all-star figure.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=72667

Steven Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher during today's game. It looks like a horrible leg injury. Too bad because he has just been burning up the ice. Nice kid, too!

UPDATE: Confirmed broken right tibia. Out indefinitely. Bummer.

Last edited:
I know that it's still a while away(January 25th),but I'm really interested in seeing how they pull off an outdoor hockey game at Dodger Stadium. It most definitely will HAVE to be a night game.

The Buffalo Sabres dug into their past in a major front office shakeup on Wednesday, firing general manager Darcy Regier and head coach Ron Rolston and hiring former Sabre Pat LaFontaine as their new President of Hockey Operations and former Buffalo bench boss Ted Nolan as interim head coach.

On the subject of goalies. I looked up Dominik Hasek's stats last night. Did the Blackhawks ever drop the ball on trading him to the Sabres.

On something I didnt know, during the time Hasek was in Chicago, Red Army legend Vladislav Tretiak was the Hawks goalie coach.
After historic games against Team Canada and the Montreal Canadiens... Tretiak, at 31 years old, was drafted by the Habs in the 3rd round.

Politics played a bit part in Tretiak never playing a game in the NHL.

Cheers, K

Follow=up for those who might be old enough to remember.... Before the Soviet Regime fell, Hockey played against them were some of the best games ever. Summit Series, Canada Cup etc.

Now am pissed. Seems HNIC is now in its final 4 years then its extinction to cable tv. Rogers allows CBC to air hockey but will run the production with their own crew. Coaches Corner is all but gone. Sad day for hockey fans. Almost 70 years of Hockey Night in Canada history gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)