NHL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Maybe I am just out to lunch, but I thought Multisport included all Sports channels with the equivalent HD?

I am only showing NHL in SD . When I talked to chat they said I need to upgrade to AT200 to get the HD version of NHL?? Is this for real?

So multisport has all the HD equivalents except NBA and NHL?

RSNs are in HD for games only. Mutlisports package does not give you games outside of your local region. You need to subscribe to NHL Center Ice in order to see out of market NHL games and those will not be on the RSN channel on Dish. They will be on separate Center Ice channels

Yes, that I knew. But I thought I would get NHL network and NBA network in HD... Seems you have to go to AT200 for that?

Strange, because I am getting NFL HD but not NBA or NHL HD

I can not help, but I can confirm that I also do not get NBA or NHL networks in HD. I have 120+ with Mutlisports (promo until Jan).

The Multi Sports Package is not an HD package and the channels are not all available in HD. NHL & NBA HD are not a part of the Multi Sports Package. They are in the DISH America Gold, HD200 package & the HD250 package only.

Why have Multisports include NFL and Redzone in HD but only have NHL and NBA in SD??

Something doesn't make sense here... Dish programming folks, I hope you are reading this.

SD is old technology. Please correct this. Thought the days of charging extra for HD equivalents were over?

One important reason to choose a DBS provider over local is to get something not offered on local providers; sports packages happen to not only be one of those things (most local providers do not offer many of the sports packages), it is probably the biggest or most important variable in choosing satellite over local. This is where Dish has missed it big time and why Direct is spanking them in subscribers.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
twilliam66 said:
Where are channels like AMC HD and BBC America HD which people have been asking them to add for years? Yet they can add stupid things like HBO 2 West HD.

Is that out of ignorance? You actually think they do not know what people want, what gets watched the most, which attracts more subs, which brings them a better profit, and which stations they get the best deals?

After all, how popular are BBC and AMC in HD and how many additional subs would they bring vs HBO HD and various sports packages?

Is that out of ignorance? You actually think they do not know what people want, what gets watched the most, which attracts more subs, which brings them a better profit, and which stations they get the best deals?

I think Directv's attitude is basically we will add what we want and if you don't like it then too bad. Also, if you have ever read Directv's twitter page you will see people constantly asking when AMC HD is going to be added.

Last edited:
twilliam66 said:
I think Directv's attitude is basically we will add what we want and if you don't like it then too bad.

Really? Neither Direct nor Dish operate in such a manner. If they did, then they would certainly fail. That would not be ignorance, that would be arrogance.

Lets pretend you are correct. If so, whose model has worked best in attracting more subs and differentiating themselves from others?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)