Nimiq 5 on fta?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ynnedibanez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Greeneville, Tennessee
according to lyngsat there are a few un encrypted channels on 72.7, a great use for 1 of these circular pol lnbs i got :)
i used a birdog to find it but the sig was weak and a scan for transponders on my pansat brings up nothing
anyone know whats going on?
thanks,
Denny

Those channels are probably not there any longer anyway?

Those channels are Mpeg4. An Mpeg4 capable receiver is required.

* Let us know if those channels are there. Tvland would be nice.
I might would get an mpeg4 receiver if it stays clear. huh huh...

There are no MPEG4 Turbo 8PSK FTA receivers out. It's exclusive to E* equipment. I asked just for curiosity and practically got flamed for asking.

There are no MPEG4 Turbo 8PSK FTA receivers out. It's exclusive to E* equipment. I asked just for curiosity and practically got flamed for asking.
The Genpix SkyWalker-1 does the 8PSK, and the MPEG4 channels can be streamed to a PopCornHour, or with a bit of manipulation can be streamed to the Azbox.

There are MPEG-4 Turbo 8PSK FTA receivers, but were designed to steal Dish signals because they can't get regular DVB-S2 stuff, (if i remember correctly) some months ago there was a heads up adivising users not to confuse the 'fake' DVB-S2 boards that pirates kept selling as the real thing for FTA, and would prove of no use to us FTAers.

I think it'd be better if we try not to mention the brands and models of receivers since there's people in this forum avid of wearing once again a patch and wooden leg :p.

M.

man, thats a bummer, tvland would have been nice :(
i do love rtv though, i just wish they had green acres;)
thanks for the replys

Tv Land is nothing like it once was. I have it on the 4DTV and never watch it. They are going the way of MTV with it. :(

Me matey

There are MPEG-4 Turbo 8PSK FTA receivers, but were designed to steal Dish signals because they can't get regular DVB-S2 stuff, (if i remember correctly) some months ago there was a heads up adivising users not to confuse the 'fake' DVB-S2 boards that pirates kept selling as the real thing for FTA, and would prove of no use to us FTAers.

I think it'd be better if we try not to mention the brands and models of receivers since there's people in this forum avid of wearing once again a patch and wooden leg :p.

M.

Are you saying that there are those here that say Arrgh were off to bury the treasure? :eek::D Can't imagine why they would want to hang here when there are sites dedicated to just what you are talking about.

I've never noticed any of those add on boards that the pirates use being advertised as being for DVB-S2. Usually they just say 8PSK, or something like that. I think I asked a question once because one of the official dealers of one of those add on cards advertised that the card as being able to receive several channels that are on DVB-S2 transponders. I asked whether in fact they were somehow capable of getting both Turbo 8PSK and DVB-S2 8PSK. Never got a response from anyone who knew for sure, just people who were guessing. I also asked one of the dealers too, and never got a reply back. It's likely that they can't do DVB-S2, but you never know. I know that some firmware versions of the CS-8100 have some menus that suggest that they were trying to make THAT receiver do both, but it didn't work on Turbo from what I could see.

But I wouldn't call them "'fake' DVB-S2 boards ". They aren't trying to fool anyone into thinking that they are DVB-S2, FTA's aren't their target buyers. I think that just some of the dealers don't know the difference, and saw some 8PSK listings on Lyngsat, and made a mistake.
I also wouldn't say that they are "of no use to us FTAers" either. There are a few FTA channels that can be received with them. It's always good to have the capability to lock any transponder that might eventually pop up a FTA channel.
While not one of the add on boards you're mentioning, my Genpix is a really nice receiver. In addition to the Turbo 8PSK, it does DCII ZK, DSS, and regular DVB. I just wish that it had more FEC choices for the Turbo QPSK.

Tv Land is nothing like it once was. I have it on the 4DTV and never watch it. They are going the way of MTV with it. :(

Sadly, I completely agree. At one time, TV Land was my staple for TV. Now its filled with infomercials and reality TV shows, its really a shame... Not to mention the fact that they slice and dice the shows they do run to fit in even more promos and commercials... Fortunately, there's RTV :) ...

I havent watched TVLand in a while but when I did I noticed they do slice & dice shows. That is when it was still free on 72.7 (before Nimiq5 and the 8PSK change)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)