Nimiq 6 Footprint map released

Satellite Expert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
Telesat has released the map for N6 which will replace N1 @91 in 2012.

As expected it is the same as N4 presently @ 82

So if you cannot receive signals now from 82, you will lose all Bell channels after N6 becomes operational

So please explain this to me like I am a 5 year old lol. I am in North Fort Myers Florida with my brand new Bell 9241 reciever, dish and LNB and have a 100% signal SD. So when the new bird is launched and operational, I will have NO Bell service? is this correct?

Thank you

yep pretty much

There are 2 satellites with Bell...91W & 82W

91W as of right now covers the whole US & Canada
82W covers a little bit into US

When the new sat is put at 91W it will have the same footpriont as 82W. If you live near the Canadian border you'll be OK...anything south of that...no way

You assume correctly, you should be fine.

RoddyCharles, you will not see Bell TV in Florida when Nimiq6 is fully functional. Your signal will be 0% intstead of 100%, sorry.

Im assuming that I will still be ok as im using a Dish 500 now and it works for both.

what kind of signals do you get especially on 82W. I havent tried in a while but when I tired a 18" I had bad results. The 30" worked fine (and I'm just down the road from ya) ;)

This is all just my luck. I just bought a place down in mesa and heading down there in December. I sent a 20" dish down there, and was going to take my Expressvu reciever. Now everything will change next year. I have been an expressve subscriber for 15 years.

--
Gordon

Does Bell have a mental problem or are they trying to go bankrupt,imagine the customers that will switch to Rodgers next year if this happens.

They never did... It's a shame the new Shaw Direct satellite G1 will not be seen in the south either.

If this happens then bell gets put on vacation next winter and we get a US company then put them on vacation when we leave.

Oh no--so Shaw is putting up a new bird too that wont get to the US??? We were expecting bad news about Bell but we thought we could switch to Shaw. :( is that next year to? Or soon? no use buying Shaw equip. if its going away too.... :(

p.s. When is the Bell launch is it after the Olympics?

Shaw is NOT replacing Ku feeds on F1R/F2. They are adding 16 additional transponders on the Extended Ku frequencies of G1. The Extended Ku band is not "satellite only" in the US or Mexico. Hence the footprint will be similar to the old Anik E2 satellite

I don't understand why this is a big deal. Why on earth would you want a crappy Canadian provider when you have access to Dish and DIRECTV?

Most Canadians would instantly jump at the chance to get a real satelllite provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts