Nimiq 6 Footprint map released

I don't understand why this is a big deal. Why on earth would you want a crappy Canadian provider when you have access to Dish and DIRECTV?

Most Canadians would instantly jump at the chance to get a real satelllite provider.

I don't know....I have been quite happy with Bell for the past 16 years.

When I go down to Arizona during the winter...I want to get my Canadian programing... not just a couple channels.

--
Gordon

--
Gordon

If this happens then bell gets put on vacation next winter and we get a US company then put them on vacation when we leave.

You should have been doing that anyway. By using Bell TV in the US you are breaking the Terms Of Service that you agree to every month by paying the Bill.

If they ever discovered you were doing this they could close your account, leaving you will the problem of moving to another provider.

I agree but how easy is it for a canadian to get Direct or Dish without a social security #.Also the Canadian Sat gives you country wide coverage as well as both east and west US networks and some superstations if you like.How many Canadian stations does either US company provide none that I know of but they should have at less the CBC.

This blows . we cant even get 82 with a 10' solid. bell is the only provider that has the programing i want to watch. I best find some one north to host a sling box for me and pay the internet cost to off set it :-(

So when we lose Bell we can buy Shaw and still be OK? Please say yes! :eek:

You will still get all the channels they will broadcast from the current F1 and F2 satellites, you will just not be able to see whatever they decide to put on the new G1 satellite.

You will still get all the channels they will broadcast from the current F1 and F2 satellites, you will just not be able to see whatever they decide to put on the new G1 satellite.
What QCK says is very true......for the short-to-medium term.

The real question is, however, that when F1R and F2 are replaced, as they eventually will be, will their replacements continue to have the same North/Central American coverage, or will they adopt the same Canada-Only beam as G1 and the Bell satellites?

I've not read any official information on this question; maybe it's too far in the future to even consider. But if you decide to make an investment in Shaw service & equipment for use in the southern states, you should keep in mind that it may not be a permanent solution. And if it turns out not to be a permanent solution, there will be no other solution unless a lot of laws and agreements between Canada & the US change.

Just as a note to that, F1R at 107.3W (launched in 2005) & F2 at 111.1W (launched in 2004) are not very old. So it will be still a few years going by a normal 15 year life cycle before the replacement for them are a concern for southern subs.

We are in Ocala and have watch Bell for 4 years no problem , just brought down new HD dish and started to set it up.
Not so happy with the news , I just read .
Can a signal be gotten from 82 right now , if so how .
Thanks

Bell is 91 that seems to be what is working for now in the south your wasting your time hooking up the HD according to the map.

QCK thank you for the links also we looked at Shaws website. We will be sorry to lose WgBH that's where all the PBS shows come from so they dont preempt them also they show lots of good older stuff like tonite we're taping Hustle and MI-5 that our own PBS station doesn't show. well we will have more questions about Shaw but we'll do that in a new thread when the time comes. :(

Peano, you probably have never seen Bell. The Sports coverage is very good especially Hockey and Baseball. Much better commentators. Time shifting for US Networks is$1.00. World news much better coverage. Canadian networks have several original programs. Different independent providers. Almost all local Canadian stations included. If you are from Canada it means you can watch your home town news. They use Dish receivers and equipment so it is familar. No learning curve for the wife. No receiver fees up to 5 receivers. No 722 or 922. Overall cheaper than Dish. Less premium movie channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)